PDA

View Full Version : New Pathfinder Game Starting

Aegis
October 30th, 2012, 00:51
Hello everyone!

Some friends and I will be starting a Pathfinder game soon, and would like at least 3 other players. We have a fighter and rogue right now. We're using the Core Rulebook.

Looking for some good rp'ing to go along with the combat! I'll be DM'ing, and I like to throw in different encounters...traps, puzzles, etc. We're going to be playing on Sundays, with the time being flexible at this time. Although it will be EST.

As for the campaign:

It will be starting at 1st level, and I will have a "prelude" with each character to make their characters and have a short background adventure. The main game will be a mix of sandbox and pre-planned. I'll do my best to incorporate player backgrounds and goals into the game itself.

The world itself is a low magic world. Going to a store to buy magic items will be out of the question, and no npc has heard of any one being "raised from the dead"...except in a bad way. I would describe the world as dark, and dangerous. I will be using the normal magic treasure tables..so the pc's will be the most powerful individuals when compared to most townsfolk. I won't be pulling any punches in combat, nor will I attempt to purposely kill anyone. You reap what you sow in my games.

The starting area is a Norse themed land. Log houses, beards, etc! I would prefer the majority of pc's be human. Elf or dwarf pc's are accepted, but I would like to discuss it with the pc first. Wizards/Sorceror's, expect to be mistrusted or worse.

We will be using Vent/Teamspeak for our games. What capacity is yet to be decided. This will be my first FG game, so we'll see what works best for the group.

If interested or have questions..post here, msg me, or email me at [email protected]

Talk to ya soon!

Skellan
October 30th, 2012, 01:26
This sounds interesting, though I am GMT so it would depend how late this is for me

rmpostman
October 30th, 2012, 03:07
depending on time i would be interested new to fg2 -8 gmt

UltimateZing
October 30th, 2012, 04:34
Depending on day, time, and what resources we are limited to, I may be interested in this

Aegis
October 30th, 2012, 16:16
-Limited to the Core Rulebook....for now.
-Game day is Sunday
-Time is still being talked about
-Preferably human race...but other races can be discussed.
-Starting area is Norse themed
-low magic, dark, dangerous. Think before acting.

Before we start the campaign, there will be a "prelude" for each character. Campaign world is made by me initially, and will be fleshed out by all of us.

Thanks!

avro5731
October 30th, 2012, 21:07
Im interested do you still have room? I'm EST and available Sunday 2p and later

Aegis
October 30th, 2012, 21:23
Yes email me with your PC idea, and we'll do some talking. My email is [email protected]. I can also get on vent with anyone who wants to discuss the game world, etc.

Edit: Also, it looks like we've narrowed the time down to Sunday's. With a start time of 7pm-8pm EST.

avro5731
October 30th, 2012, 21:43
sorry was hoping for an afternoon game - have a night game --- thanks anyway.

UltimateZing
October 30th, 2012, 21:58
Have to retract my interest, have a Sunday game

Aegis
October 30th, 2012, 22:18
NP...thanks for the interest!

Longrath
October 31st, 2012, 03:38
I think that I am interested.
I'll layout my ideal conditions, not as demands, but in hopes that there are enough other players in the same boat to make it a worthwhile venture.

My ideal times are EST(gmt-5) 8pm - 11pm.
My kids go to bed around 8pm and anything earlier takes enough haggling that it causes turbulance regularly. Either in the game, or in my family life.

I also need punctual end times. I've played in CST campaigns where I was either leaving early or staying up too late to be functional at work the next day.

I've played pathfinder twice but found it so similar to D&D that I was fairly comfortable.

It's been a long time since I role played. Decades since true PnP. I've been getting my fix through Neverwinter Nights 1&2 as player and once as a DM.

I'm most comfortable role playing through text, and using vent for player to player, or administrative talk, or trash talk (not likely). I can however adapt just fine to the good old "my character says that he doesn't want to do that". I am not really comfortable with LARPing it over Vent. The odd thing was, in my last FG2 session, players were uncomfortable with typing the character speaking, and talking as the player speaking. I've found that NWN facilitates great role play, because you don't have to act it out. Not sure if anyone plays FG this way, unless use no voice chat at all. Anyone?

So, hopefully this is a good fit to how the DM wishes to run the campaign, and how the other players play. Of course these are all my ideal play ideas. I am by no means implying that it's my way or I don't play. I'm in my late thirties and being a father of two teaches you patience and temperance faster than anything else in this world. I will adapt to the play style of the group. Time is the only thing I have to be stick about. If it turns out our times don't align, I wish you the best with the campaign.

Aegis
October 31st, 2012, 04:05
Right now we seem to have agreed on 8pm-10pm EST. Reason being we are all in our 30's with kids/jobs. So we'd like to be done by 11pm. A 10pm stop time gives us a little "wrap up" time.

Right now we have a Fighter, Rogue, and Cleric. Let me know if you're interested. My email is [email protected]

Edit: As for the Voice thing. We haven't settled on it's role just yet. We want to roleplay the dark and realistic/gritty nature of the world, but realize some people don't have good typing skills. So as we do the preludes and first session we'll see how it plays out.

Aegis
October 31st, 2012, 07:33
Created a simple website to keep up with the campaign..and to get in some roleplay between sessions.

https://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=284015&TabID=2382785

Aegis
November 1st, 2012, 03:44
This Sunday 11-4-12 we will be doing preludes/rolling characters. This will also gives those unfamiliar with FG/Pathfinder a chance to learn.

Longrath
November 1st, 2012, 20:18
Disregard, missed the second page.

Niven81
November 1st, 2012, 23:13
Let me talk to the wife. I may be able to. Although she is a tad angry at me atm.

Aegis
November 2nd, 2012, 00:06
Wife aggro is the worst. Invite her to play too..lol

Edit: Either way, feel free to stop by our website and spectate, or join in on the forums RP!
https://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=284015&TabID=2382785

Longrath
November 2nd, 2012, 01:12
I was thinking of doing a sailor spin on a Rogue.

I'll have to come up with a story of why he doesn't have ship.

From what I've gleaned in a helpful Time magazine story on Norse history, "All Vikings were Norsemen, but not all Norsemen were Vikings. "Vik" is bay. So they were the sailors, raiders and traders. Likewise the horned helmet stigma is probably from ignorant 19th century opera.

So I'm imagining a rogue trader type, not opposed to obtaining trade goods through less conventional channels, looking to get a ship back, but biding his time until he's able. I'll steer clear of viking stereotypes and go for something decidedly more "Skyrim". I assume that this if more the culture of the game setting?

It will be interesting to see how seafaring skills handicap a character and create role play opportunities, if we end up inland.

Now, to go watch 13th warrior.
Armour like this https://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbqdbrefXX1qe23mao1_500.jpg

Aegis
November 2nd, 2012, 01:50
That is some awesome armor! But we currently have a rogue, or ne'er do well. :)

Edit: Also looking for one, maybe two, more pc's. Character creation, preludes, etc this sunday. Game to start the sunday after.

Longrath
November 2nd, 2012, 02:53
I'll have to think on Ranger, or barbarian then.
Not much else non magic left.

I'm usually a ranger.

Which classes warrant doubling up.
A seafaring spin on a fighter class? Actually ranger fits the theme. Let me get into the source books and see what I can think of.

This was awesome too.
https://media-cache0.pinterest.com/upload/84231455500518450_tUQhEmI3_c.jpg

Aegis
November 2nd, 2012, 04:31
Ranger would actually be great!

Longrath
November 2nd, 2012, 14:38
Last night I started thinking about a ranger, dog handler.
Just have to decide dual wield or ranged.

Ranged might make sense if a dog can grapple an opponent, while the ranger is filling the opponent with arrows. Grapple is not an animal companion skill though, from what I can tell.

I'd want to use dogs in their traditional sense. As an alarm and tracking tool. Could we construct rules around dogs standing watch?

That, and animal companion happens at 4th. So until then would likely be raising money for (an) animal(s). And, having multiple dogs, is asking way to much of a PC. Would monopolize the action.

And off topic, I'd forgotten how much I liked 13th warrior as a small party adventure structure. Events are happening on a larger scale, but somehow it's still pared down to be possible by a small party.

Niven81
November 2nd, 2012, 22:39
Is the game at 8pm on Sunday? If so I may be able to play. What do you still need?

americanbully
November 2nd, 2012, 23:52
hey man i cant do voice if thats cool im in as a barb

Aegis
November 3rd, 2012, 01:45
Niven, we will be playing 8pm est on sundays, yes. This sunday is just a get together for anyone to get comfortable with FG/Pathfinder, and to help with backgrounds, etc.

I'll also be giving out more of the game world info. for those who haven't visited the website.
Which is: https://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=284015&TabID=2382785

Amazingly, we don't have an arcane spellcaster......:)

Macgreine
November 3rd, 2012, 03:04
I will play as a human wizard. I think people hesitate because it says low majic.

Aegis
November 3rd, 2012, 03:17
I encourage everyone truly interested, to go to the website. Much easier to communicate and weed out those that are not truly interested.

Thank you!

Niven81
November 3rd, 2012, 15:25
I encourage everyone truly interested, to go to the website. Much easier to communicate and weed out those that are not truly interested.

Thank you!

Signed up at the site. If you still want me, I'm yours. If you still need an arcane spellcaster I was looking at a Savage Skald Bard or a Witch.

edit: didn't see the core rulebook only bit. Plain old Bard then.

Oak
November 9th, 2012, 00:30
This has piqued my interest. I'm sending you an email/PM with a character concept.

Niven81
December 11th, 2012, 23:43
Posting here because: Figures that I finally post on the campaign site and I break it ... Man, I have no luck. First I wake up next to the dried up corpse of a woman and now this ...

Aegis
February 11th, 2013, 00:59
Hello everyone!

Game here is going great. We are in need of a frontline fighter/paladin, etc. If you're interested, please visit the web site, or message me here.

Thank you very much!

Edit: Here is a link to a chat log from our last session, so everyone will get an example of the game.

https://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=284015&TabID=2382786&TopicID=10309054&ForumID=1329046#forumEnd

Contrariwise
February 11th, 2013, 05:49
I'm definitely interested, and I've gotta say the Skyrim music on your webpage piqued my interest :D. I usually play fighters aswell so I'm happy to be be a frontline fighter for the group.

Aegis
February 11th, 2013, 06:05
Awesome! Let me know when you can talk about your PC. 3rd lvl is where you'll start. Also, join the website..alot of good info on there!

Also, if anyone else wants in...I'd be willing to accept one more.

Djmaxx
February 11th, 2013, 16:40
Hey is there any room in this game? If so I would like to do a fighter being that its out of the norm for me.