PDA

View Full Version : Settings link on character sheet for SW

grimm182
October 29th, 2012, 01:37
I am having trouble figuring out what this is for.

When you click the link from the character sheet a popup with a place for text and a number appear...drawing a blank as to what this is used for.

phantomwhale
October 29th, 2012, 04:01
When I took over authorship of Savage Worlds, I didn't know then, and I don't know now !

Be good to hear if any long-time players of Savage Worlds know or use it for anything ? Otherwise it might get chopped out of v3.4 (whilst I'm tidying that bit up anyway)

Griogre
October 29th, 2012, 05:53
That's suppose to be for setting wide modifiers. We put fame in it for our PotSM game.

phantomwhale
October 29th, 2012, 06:51
If I recall correctly, Fame isn't so much a modifier as a score (a bit like XP) ?

I guess for that, I'd envisage an extension adding a Fame number control to the character sheet; or in the absence of such an extension, maybe just the Notes field on the sheet.

It's a funny control, in that it looks like a Skill / Weapon bonus list (e.g. a list of positive / neagtive modifiers to apply to that trait) but it doesn't actually link off to anything...

Draeus
October 29th, 2012, 11:30
Although im new to sw... Hi btw o/

I just finish reading sw deluxe and I believe that this is simply for listing any setting specific modifiers as phantom mentioned. It gives you some examples in the rule book under the settings chapter.

I think the players can access this to see what rules you are using. But a useful use could be any house rules.

I'm not sure if its global will check when I get home. Or if it is character specific.

Doswelk
October 29th, 2012, 13:48
They are there for any setting specific information, before I updated the character sheet for Rippers we used it for Reason/Status.

It is there for anything setting specific really.

grimm182
October 29th, 2012, 22:42
Ok, good to know. Thanks for all the replies/info!

If anyone has a good idea for using it with 50 Fathoms let me know.