PDA

View Full Version : Registering An Account

Salz78
October 29th, 2012, 00:19
Anyone else have issues registering an account? It took me forever and my friend has tried about two dozen times, and I tried for him another ten times. It's the weird character string you have to type in to verify your account. My friend finally just gave up. It's painful.

Griogre
October 29th, 2012, 05:39
If your friend is really having problems with the human verification image try sending an e-mail to [email protected] with a screenshot of the image/text and his answer attempt. Make sure you friend sends the e-mail from the account he want's to link with the new account. Hopefully they can get your friend set up.

ddavison
October 29th, 2012, 06:19
Hello Salz,

This is really due to our goofy registration process that we need to change. The problem is most likely that you only need to enter the single character from the verification image and not the entire string. It is very easy to miss.

Sorry for the confusion.

-Doug

damned
October 29th, 2012, 06:27
I do remember trying this a couple of times before I actually read the instructions too!

Please read the text in the image opposite, then type THE CHARACTER IN BLACK into the box below. You are asked to do this in order to verify that this registration is not being performed by an automated process.

Salz78
November 2nd, 2012, 18:00
Ok thanks for the help guys! I'll tell my friend.