PDA

View Full Version : Magic Items and Resistance

Booker Grimm
October 27th, 2012, 05:48
Hi guys, I'm using the 2.8.1 version of FG.

Need some help with creating a +1 weapon and modifying the effect on the werewolf entry so that they can be effected by both silver and magic weapons.

I've tried adding 1 to the bonus entry on longsword (and that the character is using that weapon to attack) and adding silver, magic to the effects entry on the creature, but the creature still resists, what am I doing wrong?

My effects entry reads DR: 10 silver, magic

And the longsword I am using has 1 in the bonus box (for the +1 weapon) and magic in the properties box - is this right?

Thanks in advance.

Leonal
October 27th, 2012, 07:09
Hi, try changing it to "DR: 10 silver or magic".

Note: I'm using 2.9.2, but not sure if anything changed in the effects since then.

Edit: More details by Trenloe below! :)

Trenloe
October 27th, 2012, 07:11
I've tested this in 2.9.1 - if it doesn't work in V2.8.1 then you may need to update to 2.9.1. Out of curiosity, why haven't you updated?

Add the DR to the Werewolf as: DR:10 silver or magic

This format is detailed in the 3.5E user guide -> Effects: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide35E/ref_effects_35E.xcp - Click on the "Label: Modifiers" link in the menu to the bottom left.

The, add "magic" to the "Dmg Type" of the weapon, not properties. Damage reduction is checked against the weapon damage types. If there are multiple damage types in the weapon separate with a comma. For example a +1 longsword would have it's "Dmg Type" as: slashing, magic