PDA

View Full Version : PFS #6: Black Waters Tier 4-5. Halloween 2 Sunday 4th Nov 5.00pm GMT

Skellan
October 26th, 2012, 08:29
PFS #6: Black Waters Tier 4-5. Halloween 2 Sunday 4th Nov 5.00pm GMT
Session 2

The Pathfinder Society seeks the ancient ruby ring of the salamander and it falls to a team of Pathfinders to find it. Last seen in the Tri-Towers Yard, a once elite academy for the youth of Absalom, the ruby ring is now lost in the Drownyard, all that remains of Tri-Towers after it was destroyed a decade ago in the great quake. The Pathfinders must risk the strange black ichors and salty brine to find their prize—will they risk their very souls as well?

Please register on the calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=914) and also post your character and previous chronicle sheet on this forum to book your place.

Please note that this is the second table of the Halloween event and I hope to run this at Tier 4-5

Hopefully they may announce a holiday boon for this in the blog on Monday

Bloodlust
October 26th, 2012, 10:17
Jamal ranger 4 #53968-1

Gwaihir Scout
October 26th, 2012, 14:34
Hey, one I can actually make!

Shaela, human oracle 3, #41341-3

I'll upload her .xml later. Also, her last chronicle is from an offline game and I have no access to a scanner.

Trenloe
October 26th, 2012, 21:40
Also, her last chronicle is from an offline game and I have no access to a scanner.
Will you be able to take a digital photo? As long as the key entries are legible it will be fine.

Gwaihir Scout
October 26th, 2012, 23:14
Will you be able to take a digital photo? As long as the key entries are legible it will be fine.

*smack* Of course I can.

Edit: And here it is. I'm not sure if my iPod has a scratched lens or is just lousy focusing at that distance. I prefer the latter explanation. Everything important is legible.

acyd69
October 28th, 2012, 18:14
So glad you put a second runnig of this scenario. Captain Ron (gunslinger 2/ rogue(pirate) 1) would be happy to attend, this time with no thunderstorms *crosses fingers*

I will upload .xml and last chronicle in the next couple days.
Character# 8548-6

Rose Claymore
October 29th, 2012, 01:02
The Sanos Abduction was fun, and while I'm usually leery of season 0 scenarios I'll give this one a shot. Bringing Metropolis, my level 4 tiefling magus.

I'll attach an xml of my character later on after I figure out how to convert it from HeroLab.

Also, how many will you accommodate? My spouse is interesting in playing as well.

Skellan
October 29th, 2012, 01:17
Great

There will be a maximum of 6 at the table, and at the moment I run sessions on a first come-first serve basis. so if your wife wants to play, please get her signed up on the calendar :D

acyd69
October 29th, 2012, 01:35
Here is Captain Ron, up-to-date, and his most recent chronicle for review.

Rose Claymore
October 29th, 2012, 03:07
Yay! Got her to sign up! Hopefully she'll drop in to the thread to say hi later.

Rose Claymore
October 29th, 2012, 05:37
If I did this right...

Presenting Metropolis, servant of Abadar and heir to the Vaults of Hell.

Metropolis is a tiefling with a relatively human face, but the obviously inhuman features of sharp, fanged teeth, gold almost luminous eyes, and a pair of large cat-like ears. Other obvious tiefling traits include a fuzzy prehensile tail and a pair of tiny, black feathered wings. He wears scholars robes, a nifty looking backpack, a scroll case and a number of pouches and carries a wicked looking scimitar.

Metropolis is the result of a long forgotten union between a priest of Abadar and a cat-like devil from the ranks of Asmodeus. He is currently rebelling against his family and lawful evil heritage by joining the Pathfinder Society where he'll be able to go wherever and do whatever he wants (when following orders) and perform as many good deeds as possible (just to spite his elders, that'll show 'em).

Skellan
October 29th, 2012, 08:11
Its nice to see a background/introduction posted on here, thanks for that.

This session is now full. Please could everyone send me a copy of your previous chronicle sheet ifI havent already got it.
See you all soon :)

Rose Claymore
October 29th, 2012, 08:31
I've still got to get mine scanned, and I have yet to receive two official chronicle sheets from sessions I've played with my local VC. Is it okay if I'm two short in proving I'm actually 4th level?

Skellan
October 29th, 2012, 13:16
I am sure you aren't pulling fast one but I need to treat everyone the same. Might it be possible to send me a screenshot of your characters sessions tab from the paizo site? He may have reported the event?

Rose Claymore
October 29th, 2012, 14:11
Possibly. I have no chance of receiving my chronicle sheets until a week after our scheduled game, but our VC tends to report events once a month, toward the end, so hopefully he'll have done so by Sunday.

Skellan
October 29th, 2012, 14:58
Ok, that's fair enough, I know you said that you only played last weekend. Well, if you play anyway but I will hold off signing your chronicle until I get your previous one. If he does then in about a week then it should work out fine :)

acyd69
October 30th, 2012, 02:53
What a great idea, if we can get intros done here, then we could get into the scenario faster.

Captain Ron is obviously human, he sports an elegant coat and a wide brimmed hat with one side turned up in the cavalier fashion. The hat is accented by a couple pretenious feathers and an oddly colored hat band. His belt is crowed by two pouches, a rapier and an unusual metallic device in a low slung holder.

"Where's me Ship?! Well, I'm in the market as it were. Know of any looking for a new Captain and some adventure!"

Rose Claymore
October 30th, 2012, 20:35
Skellan, I've emailed you a screenshot of my table credit for Metropolis.

Going over my received chronicle sheets, it actually looks like I have all but the last two. And of those two, I have one but it is unsigned, and the other is for the Sanos Abduction which was just played this past Saturday.

Trystan Laryssa
October 31st, 2012, 18:42
Rayne Atamaxco (Sorcerer Level 4)

The kind of man that some people might actually call beautiful and others might just call creepy (and they would both be right!), Rayne carries himself with an air of practiced confidence. He speaks well, with an almost unnaturally smooth voice and a flair for the dramatic. His loose black robes are cut in such a way that it's obvious no armor lies beneath, though he does wear an amulet, and the coppery adornments on his belt, boots and cuffs look Chelaxian in style, as does the circlet he wears over his long dark red hair. At his belt hangs his only weapon, an ornately-handled silver dagger.

Gwaihir Scout
October 31st, 2012, 19:34
Shaela is a haunted Spellscar oracle, human, who's most noticeable feature is her purple hair. She's wearing a loose blouse under a breastplate with a long riding skirt and calf boots. She also looks constantly annoyed by something.

She glares at the others as they enter the Venture-Captain's office. She doesn't bother to lower her voice. "Wonderful. Looks like we're saddled with a bunch of oddballs and showboaters on this one," she says as she adjusts the black wig on her head. "I can't believe I'm the most normal-looking one so far."

She turns to Captain Ron. "Hey, fancy-pants. Do you actually know how to use that pistol or did you just rob an Alkenstar trader?"

acyd69
October 31st, 2012, 20:14
Captain Ron flips his hat and gives a mocking bow. "Lass, my aim is true and deadly so long as my companions do not block my site. If all else fails my rapier is apt to find a chink in most armors." He winks and adds with a smirk, "Do you really like me briches?"

Blackfoot
November 1st, 2012, 05:30
Ooops. Wrong thread.

Rose Claymore
November 3rd, 2012, 16:55
I have a proper headset! It even appears to be working, so I'll be available for teamspeak. Not sure about Trystan yet, as we've found s 2nd set but haven't tested it out yet. We're keeping our fingers crossed though. :D

Skellan
November 3rd, 2012, 18:29
Great.
As long as she can hear,that's fine :)

Rose Claymore
November 3rd, 2012, 18:35
She should be able to hear okay :).

Is there any sort of "free" teamspeak server we can make use of to test out both headsets to make sure everything is working okay?

Rose Claymore
November 3rd, 2012, 18:41
Oh, and before I get confused... What is the actual time we're starting. On the game last week the "scheduled play time" automatically figured in my relative time zone, but there isn't anything listed there this time. I want to make sure because the US ends daylight saving time tomorrow, and being in one of the few places in the US that doesn't use DST, I'm not sure when I should be online.

If it helps anyone else figure it for me, I'm on Phoenix, Arizona, which is a GMT -7 zone.

acyd69
November 3rd, 2012, 18:54
Raven,

Fantasy Ground maintains a server for Pathfinder Society specifically, I can get on there and help you out if there are any issues.

The server is fgts.servegame.com.

Skellan
November 3rd, 2012, 19:09
I have added the time to the calendar entry, it should show you the correct time now

Trenloe
November 3rd, 2012, 23:34
Fantasy Ground maintains a server for Pathfinder Society specifically.

The server is fgts.servegame.com.
FYI (so there's no confusion) - this is a community server maintained by one of it's members (Dakadin), it is not provided by Fantasy Grounds and it is not specifically for Pathfinder Society play, it is available for all of the Fantasy Grounds community to use for playing Fantasy Grounds games. :)

More details here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17071

acyd69
November 4th, 2012, 00:30
My mistake, kind of noticed when I connected to server. THanks for the correction Trenloe.

I don't know how people have time to keep up with so many message boards. =]

Rose Claymore
November 4th, 2012, 17:16
New pic for Metropolis

Rose Claymore
November 4th, 2012, 22:41
Great game! Metropolis was built mainly on GM credit and the first few scenarios he played he pretty much took up space. It was nice to see him actually getting into the thick of it today.

I didn't leave notes in the game for my purchases, so here they are:

4 "air crystals" not sure what they are actually called, or the exact price, but I think they are 50gp each.

5 vials of alchemist fire (2 used during the scenario)

I also used 2 charged from my wand of infernal healing, used 1 scroll of shield and one potion of lesser restoration (I think I already removed them, but not sure how that works, I stared with 2 each, and 44 charges on the wand).

'till next time!

Skellan
November 5th, 2012, 00:48
Glad you enjoyed it
I will get the chronicles worked out tomorrow.
If you want to log on sometime and we can sortout your character, let me know :)

Skellan
November 5th, 2012, 15:33
The chronicle sheets and exported characters from this game are located here (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bduiqj96vmi7vnm/E6gJZjdYqy)

Let me know if everything is in order and I will sign them.

Metropolis and Rayne, I still need some info from your previous chronicle when you get them

Thanks for playing everyone

Rose Claymore
November 5th, 2012, 15:44
Trystan and I will be seeing our local VC on Saturday (hopefully) to get our chronicle sheets for Sanos Abduction.

Skellan
November 5th, 2012, 16:07
Cool - no worries :)

Gwaihir Scout
November 5th, 2012, 17:41
Chronicle looks good. No more purchases; I think I'm going to save for a +2 CHA headband. Or a mithril breastplate. Not sure yet.

Skellan
November 5th, 2012, 21:17
Ok, you are all signed :)

acyd69
November 5th, 2012, 22:12
Skellan,

Just got a chance to review chronicle. I had placed the cost for the ammunition in the notes because I intend to replace it equivalently. Additionally, the total gp in the notes appears to be short by 9 gp.

Please show a purchase of 4 alchemical cartridges (paper), 1 bullet, and 1 load of black powder (total of 29.5 gp). This should also clear my damn sp total. =]

Thanks again for the game and the quick turn around on the chronicles.

Skellan
November 5th, 2012, 22:26
Captain Ron - Ok you are done. It marked the bullet and black powder as 30 gp on the pdf but it has calculated it as 29.5

acyd69
November 5th, 2012, 23:26
Hmmm, looks like I have been misunderstanding the cost of my ammunition. I had been halving the listed price for everything (thinking that was the gunsmithing feat discount). I have reread the material and this post on the forums (https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2mzfs?Confirmation-on-Gunslinger-costs#1) and believe that that was in fact incorrect. I should actually only be paying 10% of my normal ammo and black powder and 50% of the cost for alchemical cartridges.

If you disagree, please let me know. Otherwise, I think that my total costs should be 24 gp for the 4 paper cartridges and 1.1 gp for the powder and bullet.

Please forgive me if it seems like I am picking at this too much. All of this is kind of hard to find in the texts.

Skellan
November 5th, 2012, 23:34
That's cool, we need to get it right
I have updated the costs to reflect this

acyd69
November 6th, 2012, 03:42
Got it, thanks for understanding.

Bloodlust
November 6th, 2012, 04:38
Looks good - thanks :)

Its nice to have a group of folks at that tier who can play games together at that time :)

It'd be great to keep that group as I think we do quite well (maybe add a tank) and we can all advance together. I think one of the problems once you get above teir 1-2 is that you run out of players who can run together. I think that is probably going to get harder the higher up you go so having a solid group would be awesome :)

Skellan
November 6th, 2012, 14:31
It would be nice to have a group that knows each other. While I will run something regularly, I wil change the times of these depending on when I am free. I will try to run scenarios at times that are good for players though

Skellan
November 6th, 2012, 14:53
On saying that, i have my eye on running modules too, which would require regular weekly sessions for a short period of time

Rose Claymore
November 8th, 2012, 10:45
I'm definitely up for regular games, and a few sanctioned modules sounds fun!

Gwaihir Scout
November 10th, 2012, 03:32
I had a question for you. The list of items found seems kind of small. Were there any for subtier 1-2? We're supposed to get those, too.

Skellan
November 10th, 2012, 04:02
Well spotted, my mistake,
The chronicles are missing the Tier 4-5 reward:
+2 Full plate armor (Cost: 5,650 gp)
I have updated the chronicles

Sorry for missing this

Gwaihir Scout
November 10th, 2012, 04:27
No problem. Thanks for fixing it.

Rose Claymore
November 20th, 2012, 09:38
Looks like I still need the starting and ending gold and prestige adjusted (I'm making no other purchases) and need a signature.

Skellan
November 22nd, 2012, 19:02
I think I still need the previous chronicle sheet for Metropolis?

Rose Claymore
November 22nd, 2012, 19:17
I think I sent you a PM with a link. I'll send it again though if you still need it.

Skellan
November 22nd, 2012, 20:21
That's great thanks

Rose Claymore
November 24th, 2012, 07:47
Oh, speaking of potentially running an alt instead of Wulf on Saturday, I still need a corrected and signed chronicle sheet for Black Waters. I'm assuming you've receive my scan of my previous chronicle?

I think Trystan needs hers for Rayne as well, though I don't know if she has her previous chronicle to you yet.

Trystan Laryssa
November 24th, 2012, 08:03
I finally have my properly updated Chronicle... here attached. It should reflect the correct Fame/Prestige, GP and XP at the time Rayne played your scenario. Raven says you like filling out all the little blanks that don't require initials, which is fine, but I'll need them to be accurate in that case. :)

Sorry this took so long... it's been a hectic week, and I've literally only had this sheet for a few days.

Skellan
November 24th, 2012, 16:29
Awesome, thanks.

I am not sure 'like' is the word hehe. I need to fill out the whole sheet as it locks once signed so the players can't enter bits.

Your chronicles are located here (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bduiqj96vmi7vnm/E6gJZjdYqy)

Please check these are in order and are correct :)

Trystan Laryssa
November 24th, 2012, 18:45
Mine looks good as far as totals go, but there are two minor things, and one of them I'm trying to remember clearly...

First, not sure if this matters, but my Player Name is spelled wrong (Laryssa). Oddly enough, Rayne's much more complex name is actually spelled perfectly. ;)

Secondly, I'm not sure if you took purchases into account... I believe I had bought two Acid Flasks and two Alchemist's Fire in reaction to the swarms... I never actually used them, so I suppose I could just ignore that, but in the spirit of being fair I figured I would remind you. I can't recall exactly what it was, I left the notes in the game, so I didn't keep a copy here, but I think it was two of each.

Otherwise it looks good. :)

Rose Claymore
November 25th, 2012, 00:06
All looks good for Metropolis.

TYVM! :)

Skellan
November 25th, 2012, 03:05
Cool
Ok I have updated Trystan with the purchases and name correction :)
Hopefully this is ok now
See you tomorrow in wraths shadow...

Trystan Laryssa
November 25th, 2012, 03:29
That's perfect! Thanks SO much!

See you tomorrow!

Bloodlust
November 25th, 2012, 03:53
Awesome, thanks.

I am not sure 'like' is the word hehe. I need to fill out the whole sheet as it locks once signed so the players can't enter bits.

Your chronicles are located here (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bduiqj96vmi7vnm/E6gJZjdYqy)

Please check these are in order and are correct :)

Yes, that's fine to sign off on.

Skellan
November 25th, 2012, 14:24
Sorry Bloodlust, you are signed now mate