PDA

View Full Version : Supers - Companion Extension bug.

Draeus
October 25th, 2012, 14:12
Hi,

I recently bought the Supers Companion for SW FGII.

It appears to have added an extension called 'Headquarters'.

When I select this on loading the SW rulesset campaign and get into the game everything seems fine.

I notice that there is a new button for 'Headquarters' just above the tokens box, bottom right.

I click this and the following happens:

* A new window appears just liek images or story etc. But the background is missing. I can see the tab with the title of Headquarters and the button to create a new headquarters entry.

I click this button to create a new entry, the following happens:

* I get the console window appear saying 'Ruleset Error: No vertical anchor defined for 'tabs'

This can be closed with no troubles.

I can see the new headquarters window. But if I click on any of the tabs on the right hand side It opens the console with the above error.

Is this a common error or have I missed out a step along the way?

I simply ran the setup file to install this SW add on.

Surely this bug did not exist before being put on the market for sale? So I guess it is something im doing. It is a minor thing as it doesnot get in the way of our game. Just I would like to know how to fix it as it cost me money :)

I have ultimate edition FGII 2.9.1
and SW3 ruleset

Loving the SW ruleset so far :) keep up the good work!

phantomwhale
October 26th, 2012, 00:15
Not sure who the author of the Supers Companion is, but I'm fairly sure it was tested on release, and re-tested for the imminent upgrade.

That said, to be sure, can you type "/version" in the chat window and tell me what the output is ?

Draeus
October 28th, 2012, 12:32
Ok, Sorry for the delay :)

Here is what happens when I type /version

Savage Worlds Version 3.2.0 (Build 35)
Adventure Deck Version 1.0.0 (Build 9)

Hope this helps.

phantomwhale
October 28th, 2012, 13:56
Hmmm - that seems OK.

Are you using any OTHER extensions (other than the adventure deck and the supers headquarters) ?

Draeus
October 28th, 2012, 15:11
I am using yours and there was another as well, I can't remember off the top of my head. But I still had the error before I got the extensions.

phantomwhale
October 29th, 2012, 01:57
MY extension ? Do you mean the unofficial bug patch ? If so, definatley get rid of that - all the fixes from that have been put into the main ruleset (as of version 3.1, when I took over authoring of it) and I'd imagine it would do nothing but cause problems these days.

The other extension I'd be suspicious of would be Ikae'ls enhancements extension. Not because it's badly written (far from it, in fact), but because it changes quite a few parts of the ruleset. And when you have two extensions changing the same bit of code, you are likely to see bugs - it's just the way extensions are.

Anyway, can you double-check you get the problem without any extensions (other than the Supers one, of course) active ? If so, then that would point to a problem with the Supers extension itself (which, as I say, I'm not the author of but can chase up who is). But I'd be surprised if you were the first to spot this !

Draeus
October 29th, 2012, 10:08
Yes the error still happens

phantomwhale
October 30th, 2012, 11:26
Ok - so I took another look at my extensions, and it seems to me that you might have an old copy of the extension.

I did a few patches to the extension when SavageWorlds 3.2 was released and repackaged it up as Super Powers Headquarters extension version 1.1 - the reason I think you don't have this is you didn't list it on your "/version" output (I'd forgotten I'd added this output for this extension)

So you might want to try (a) running a "check for updates" - not sure if Supers is part of this or not, but worth trying, (b) check the extensions folder in your Application Data folder (C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\extensions on windows 7) to see if there are multiple extensions in there for some reason - you'd expect to see just one file per extension you have, (c) contact [email protected] and tell them you think the store gave you the older version.

I think that's the problem - it's hard to tell remotely (hence I have been adding "/version" support to extensions, so I know exactly what code you've got !) but the lack of version info suggest quite strongly you somehow have an old version.

Probably worth contacting smiteworks in any case, so they can fix the store link (if necessary).

Hope that helps,
Ben (-PW-)

Draeus
October 30th, 2012, 21:20
awesome! Will give this a try and follow your instructions. Thx for your help.