PDA

View Full Version : ideas for custom tokes for the "Fantasy art pack"

drvolk
October 24th, 2012, 10:04
As backer for the kickstarter project "Game Master's Campaign - The Fantasy art kit" i could pick up some custom tokens which will additionaly designed and delivered with the Fantasy art kit (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17420)

For that i want to get one's inspiration from you, the FG2 community, because i plan to develope some FG2 modules in the future which will make use of this art pack :)

So feel free to describe your ideas for any usefull or exotic fantasy tokens, which probably will not be included within the "default" set of tokens of the Fantasy art kit.

JohnD
October 24th, 2012, 16:01
Grell

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gkDiG1iZS_8/TOx9Y7KO27I/AAAAAAAAAwk/XmwJ1Iaa2_w/s1600/grell.jpg

gmkieran
October 25th, 2012, 20:30
Chitines

https://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/mof_gallery/MonFaePG26.jpg

haven't found a decent token of them anywhere.

Torgaard
October 25th, 2012, 22:49
Stuff that's dead. And I don't mean undead. :p

For every token made by the pro's, to my mind it would be ohhh so sweet to have a "dead" version (or two) of each and every one of them. Kinda lying, sprawled out on the ground.

I really like being able to put those dead body tokens on the battlemap, especially in big battles (I'll sometimes declare squares with lots of bodies as Difficult Terrain). I just have so few tokens that include a dead body token (that isn't a different race, etc). :(

Trenloe
October 25th, 2012, 23:05

For every token made by the pro's, to my mind it would be ohhh so sweet to have a "dead" version (or two) of each and every one of them. Kinda lying, sprawled out on the ground.

I really like being able to put those dead body tokens on the battlemap, especially in big battles (I'll sometimes declare squares with lots of bodies as Difficult Terrain). I just have so few tokens that include a dead body token (that isn't a different race, etc). :(
That would be nice - the $22,000 stretch goal (which is very close at this point) talks about variations on tokens - perhaps we can talk Raymond into doing some dead tokens as part of that! :)

Dakadin
October 25th, 2012, 23:51
That would be nice - the $22,000 stretch goal (which is very close at this point) talks about variations on tokens - perhaps we can talk Raymond into doing some dead tokens as part of that! :)

I talked to him about 30 minutes ago and he mentioned doing some dead versions so there is hope. :D

Shockbolt
October 26th, 2012, 23:56

The $22K stretch goal will contain dead versions of the creatures/monsters as well as rusty/broken/enchancted items + new types of creatures & items/objects.

Torgaard
October 29th, 2012, 15:13
The $22K stretch goal will contain dead versions of the creatures/monsters as well as rusty/broken/enchancted items + new types of creatures & items/objects.

Sweeeet. That'll be so cool!

bennis1980
October 30th, 2012, 15:11
What about swarms???

Swarms of rats
Swarms of locusts
Swarms of vampire bats
Swarms of killer rabbits
Swarms of in-laws
Swarms of bone worms
Swarms of large spiders

etc...

(I like swarms, does anyone know that?)

Tiqon
October 30th, 2012, 15:42
Killer rabbit.... :D

bennis1980
October 30th, 2012, 16:09
Don't smile:

That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on! Look, that rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer! He's got huge, sharp... er... I'm warning you!

gmkieran
October 30th, 2012, 20:33
How do you tell the in-laws from the outlaws?

bennis1980
October 30th, 2012, 20:38
It's hard...

The outlaws look nasty, want your money, but they can be reasoned with.

The in-laws (ahem, some of them look nasty), they want all of your money, but they want your blood and tears also.

Now imagine swarms of them (at family functions) - AAAAGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!