PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call : Active RM Campaigns via FG

JohnD
October 23rd, 2012, 18:59
I'm somewhat curious to know how many active Rolemaster campaigns there are using FG for on-line play.

My curiosity is partially driven by the desire to add a RM game into my schedule if I can. :)

It would however been nice to know what the user base is for the Rolemaster rules here on FG.

Ardem
October 24th, 2012, 01:10
I am running a campaign.

I have 4 consistent players and 2 casuals. I also lost a player cause he moved overseas (you know who you are <wink>)

Every fortnight it happens only two of the current players came from FG.

Tiqon
October 24th, 2012, 17:55
Running one I started in PF and after 2 sessions converted to RM ;). me as GM and 3 players. We are all RL friends (one is my wife). I am the only one active here on the forum. Played 4 sessions in RM atm.

Is that the kind of info you wanted?

Dakadin
October 24th, 2012, 18:32
I am also running a game. It is mostly a face to face game but I have had people connect over the internet when they haven't been around for the game. My group has 6-7 players. We just recently switched to RMU from RMC.

Tiqon
October 24th, 2012, 18:44
Ah yeah. Might add that me and my wife is ofc under the same roof when we play at a pc each, and our friends are at other locations. We use Google Hangout.

bennis1980
October 24th, 2012, 20:04
I have a regular game going with five players, all but one player coming from FG forum. Had two resignations but signed up two more pretty quickly.

I will be joining a new game shortly as a player, first through Google hangouts - but the GM is doing the prep work to transfer over to FG soon.

HighNDry
October 29th, 2012, 09:14
Just purchased FG & Rolemaster this weekend. Going to be awhile before I'm able to figure out all these interesting options I now have.
Hopefully I'll be able to play/GM something over the net. :bandit:

Tiqon
October 29th, 2012, 11:06
Welcome HighNDry! Feel free to bombard me with questions (regarding to FG2 ;)). Im pretty new too but have learn much in this short time, from this very helpful community.

JohnD
October 29th, 2012, 14:39
Since I started the thread, I suppose I should add that I GM a game that has eight players right now. Very happy with the RM rules implementation on FG.

HighNDry
October 29th, 2012, 18:56
Appreciate it. So far I've been pretty surprised. I expected it to be a flashy excel sheet with dice. Instead I discovered an extremely complex labor of love with so many options that I wonder how we never had these back in he 80s. Every system should have virtual rules.

Spent some time making a couple NPCs for my next campaign. The level of detail is awesome for players, but it does make me wonder if there is a less detailed way of making my red shirt victims to help the party.

Dakadin
October 29th, 2012, 19:06
Appreciate it. So far I've been pretty surprised. I expected it to be a flashy excel sheet with dice. Instead I discovered an extremely complex labor of love with so many options that I wonder how we never had these back in he 80s. Every system should have virtual rules.

Spent some time making a couple NPCs for my next campaign. The level of detail is awesome for players, but it does make me wonder if there is a less detailed way of making my red shirt victims to help the party.

Welcome to FG and RMC! :D

There actually is an easier way to make NPCs. Open the Character Law library module. The 3rd link from the bottom is the Non-Player Character Table. Just drag an NPC that is close to what you are looking for to the NPCs list in your campaign. You will need to change the generic melee and missile attacks and add spells but it does fill in quite a bit for you. You can also drag creatures out of Creatures & Treasures.

There are 2 sticky threads, a walkthrough and videos, at the top of the RMC forums which might be useful when starting.

My signature has a link to post ideas. If you think of anything else you would like to see, please let me know.

HighNDry
October 30th, 2012, 09:39
Thank you sir. Those vids are a great help. I'm not the best at getting new programs, so any help is appreciated. I really didnt want to have to make every NPC in my campaign, so thats a relief.

JohnD
October 30th, 2012, 15:39
Yeah, the NPC table is a huge help when making an adventure.

bennis1980
October 31st, 2012, 10:43
EDIT: Oops that question was already answered

amanojoe
May 6th, 2013, 16:37
Greetings,

Assuming at least some of the aforementioned rolemaster campaigns are still running, why are none of them listed in the game calander?

I played quite a bit of what is now called RM2 (the one with all the companions) in the 1990s and would love to be able to play it again online. However, I have not used a virtual tabletop before and it is not clear to me how to find and join a game, especially given the lack of rolemaster campaigns on the fantasy grounds game calander.

I would ideally like an opportunity to observe a game session, conducted at a time compatible with GMT.

I realise that this is a fairly old thread but if anyone reads this post and can advise me your assistance would be appreciated.

Tiqon
May 6th, 2013, 17:49
I belive they are what one would call "private" groups :).

For me at least it means we are a bunch of friends who play together.

The language is danish, so I can't even invite you to observe.

I hope some of the other guys here can help you.

Oh and welcome to the club ;). I hope you find someone to play with!

JohnD
May 6th, 2013, 18:40
Greetings,

Assuming at least some of the aforementioned rolemaster campaigns are still running, why are none of them listed in the game calander?

I played quite a bit of what is now called RM2 (the one with all the companions) in the 1990s and would love to be able to play it again online. However, I have not used a virtual tabletop before and it is not clear to me how to find and join a game, especially given the lack of rolemaster campaigns on the fantasy grounds game calander.

I would ideally like an opportunity to observe a game session, conducted at a time compatible with GMT.

I realise that this is a fairly old thread but if anyone reads this post and can advise me your assistance would be appreciated.
When games are full or not accepting players there's a check box for that on the GM side in the campaign page - checking it removes the campaign from the list.

My campaign is still going, although Wednesday is the worst possible day of the work week for it on my side... results in a less regular/frequent schedule than I would like. I'd think the time zone difference would be an issue as well... I don't think the game starts until around 0130 your time.

amanojoe
May 23rd, 2013, 17:03
Thank you for the responses!

Unfortunately, I don't speak Danish and 01:30 is a little too late for me :(

Bennis1980 said in a post somewhere that he would be hosting a Rolemaster game for the FG Virtual Con 2013. There are no Rolemaster games on the event calender yet but I hope to be able to sign up for one as soon as there is...

Thanks again.

bennis1980
May 23rd, 2013, 22:46
Thank you for the responses!

Unfortunately, I don't speak Danish and 01:30 is a little too late for me :(

Bennis1980 said in a post somewhere that he would be hosting a Rolemaster game for the FG Virtual Con 2013. There are no Rolemaster games on the event calender yet but I hope to be able to sign up for one as soon as there is...

Thanks again.

Ok, that's the kick up the arse I needed. I'll get one sorted for this weekend: probably Sat evening GMT

EDIT: I'm going to run A Wedding at Axebridge on Saturday 1st at 16:00pm UTC (that's five bells Irish and British Summertime). Hopefully that suits some of our friends across the big pond.