PDA

View Full Version : A Crown Too Far

Willot
October 20th, 2012, 11:52
Ive posted a New adventure on the calender HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=912)
It is a level 2 module. There will be possibly one or two spots open. Some sort of fighter would be good.

Willot
October 20th, 2012, 18:46
oh for those who played last time I guess I'll import your characters into this one and you can level up there.
That way any items or notes on the characters will be consistent. So know what you want to lvl so you can quickly adjust your characters.

For Any new Players Try to come up with at least some sort of back story Just two sentences would be fine, the rest could be fleshed out as you travel and adventure. Stick to the core races and Classes from the book

AN example of a players story might be (He left timezones toooo different)

"What will you do now Mellan?", asked the boy

Mellan stared out to the distant mist, he noticed how the light breeze moved and pushed it through the trees. Mellan sniffed and wiped his nose with his sleeve, turning towards the boy.

"Ever wondered where the wind comes from? Why sometimes it blows soft like a lover and other times it could tear your skin from you bones?", Mellan turned back to the vista.

"No. The wind is just the wind"

"And with the wind sometimes rain sometimes not.", Mellan chewed on a stray piece of grass.

"Mellan", said the boy "What about the.."

"Yes!", exclaimed Mellan "I've decided!". Mellan stood up picking up his belongings.

"You cant just leave!",cried the boy

"Yes, I can. There is nothing for me here now and I want to chase the wind, I want to find it's den and plumb its secrets. I shall become master of wind and its brother rain.", Mellan turned to the sitting boy, "Be Brave and care not what those fools say".Mellan nodded his head back towards town.

The Boy looked on stunned and speechless. Mellan smiled at him briefly then he adjusted the weight of his pack on his shoulder more out of trepedation than comfort.

"So Long then. Leaving you here is my only regret."
With that he turned and walked out into the swirling mists and trees. And the boy expected he'd never see him again.

HE was a druid :) Of course

Skellan
October 20th, 2012, 21:59
Slyp, this isnt a pathfinder society game by the way. Also, Tiefling isnt a core race, and Willot wants core stuff for this game

Willot
October 20th, 2012, 23:10
Slyp, this isnt a pathfinder society game by the way. Also, Tiefling isnt a core race, and Willot wants core stuff for this game

Yeah, I dont have any of the advance player books. Also I always felt things like tiefings etc should be rare (Possibly in Cheliax theres a few more). Never understood why for example, Drow found outside their home territory (underdark Darklands whatever... ) are about 1 for every 2000sq miles yet these all these partys of Adventurers with like 3 in them??

Willot
October 21st, 2012, 04:05
The party is now full. We'll use the teamspeak again. Remeber new players to post you exported characters here

BackstabWonder
October 22nd, 2012, 21:57
Harsk was a simple woodcutter who had dreams of travelling the world seeking adventure. Once he realised he wasnt getting any younger he said farwel to his old life and took to the road to live his dream.

(I am planning on expanding this background, but I have not had the time to elaborate on it. I hope this is adequate for know.

Willot
October 22nd, 2012, 22:20
Harsk was a simple woodcutter who had dreams of travelling the world seeking adventure. Once he realised he wasnt getting any younger he said farwel to his old life and took to the road to live his dream.

(I am planning on expanding this background, but I have not had the time to elaborate on it. I hope this is adequate for know.

No problem, It gives you a starting point. Believe me when I say your just those two sentences will have kick started your sub-conscious and it is currently working on expanding it ;)

Be good to have a fighter on board. Last time the party was almost wiped out by two wolves. (although this was also after a misplaced spell by the wizard, which caused one of the players to scream "My EYES! MY EYES! MY BEAUTIFUL EYES!!!" ...It was all down hill from there)

Skellan
October 23rd, 2012, 05:17
"My EYES! MY EYES! MY BEAUTIFUL EYES!!!" ...It was all down hill from there)

umm yes...Oops

Argol228
October 24th, 2012, 08:15
No problem, It gives you a starting point. Believe me when I say your just those two sentences will have kick started your sub-conscious and it is currently working on expanding it ;)

Be good to have a fighter on board. Last time the party was almost wiped out by two wolves. (although this was also after a misplaced spell by the wizard, which caused one of the players to scream "My EYES! MY EYES! MY BEAUTIFUL EYES!!!" ...It was all down hill from there)

It wasn't a misplaced spell, malena knew the consequence of what she was doing. It's just unfortunate that when the wizard cast she was somehow the only one to get hit. Also, I doubt she had time to scream about her eyes as she was dropped like a sack of potatoes.

Willot
October 24th, 2012, 09:36
It wasn't a misplaced spell, malena knew the consequence of what she was doing. It's just unfortunate that when the wizard cast she was somehow the only one to get hit. Also, I doubt she had time to scream about her eyes as she was dropped like a sack of potatoes.

------------- :)--------------

Skellan
October 24th, 2012, 21:10
Willot could you export Wolfgang for me please? I will do him up ready for the game

Willot
October 25th, 2012, 00:57
Willot could you export Wolfgang for me please? I will do him up ready for the game

Hers everyones character who played last time. Posted em back here once you level them

Argol228
October 25th, 2012, 00:57
Yeah, I will need malena exported as well since I reformatted my PC since last time, which reminds me, I need to reinstall FG

Willot
October 25th, 2012, 01:04
Yeah, I will need malena exported as well since I reformatted my PC since last time, which reminds me, I need to reinstall FG

Done! :) see above

Willot
October 25th, 2012, 01:07
ALso Ive made the start time 8:30am SUNDAY (MY time, See Calender for your timezone (as long as you set your timezone in your profile( and you REALLY should have)))

As I too was getting the Whole Time wasting thing from my Wife toooo... (YOU CANT WASTE TIME! TIME JUST HAPPENS..... GOD! LOL!)

Skellan
October 27th, 2012, 20:06
Here's Wolfgang :)

Willot
October 27th, 2012, 21:58
Ok games alias is

meek hook huge ally or good thug xeno dice

Use the FG teamspeak server again

fgts.servegame.com

or the alias is "Fantasy Grounds Community TS3 Server"

Willot
October 28th, 2012, 05:54
BTW guys here ya go

ALLIPS
Those who fall prey to madness and take their own lives sometimes find themselves lost on the path to the afterlife, trapped in a state between life and death. These unfortunates, known as allips, suffer from the violent and incurable insanity they faced in life and take out their terror, confusion, and rage upon the living. They reach out to those they encounter—possibly in wrath, but also perhaps oblivious to their own insane nature—spreading the psychoses that led to their own untimely deaths.

In combat, allips relentlessly attack the nearest living creature, relying on their babble to let them close in before attacking with their touch of insanity. Many seem to be driven to states of ferocity upon witnessing the terror living creatures exhibit when facing their spectral forms, or when faced with the intangibility of their incorporeal states. While allips have no way to kill creatures, those knocked unconscious by an allip's Wisdom-draining touch often emerge from the state suffering from insanity (see pages 250–251 of the GameMastery Guide)—a fate that many would say qualifies as worse than death.

Allips often seek to harm those who played a part in causing their mad, unholy condition. When faced with such foes, an allip ignores all other targets that confront it in favor of its hated enemies, attacking them until its tormentors have been forced into a vacant stupor. Alas, such vengeance does not put the allip to rest, but simply serves to further fuel its madness as it finds itself trapped in a world now no longer even holding the satisfaction of vengeance.

rmpostman
October 28th, 2012, 06:16
dont see campaign on calendar am i looking in right place new to fg2 pls help me lol

Argol228
October 28th, 2012, 06:54
dont see campaign on calendar am i looking in right place new to fg2 pls help me lol
it is on the calendar, the easiest way to find it is by clicking on latest GM activity and it will be the second from the top.

Also after reading the insanity section of game Mastery. It brought back memories of Call of cthulhu. It was always fun seeing what kind of insanities your agents would pick up. I had a character that started off as a high class sophisticated woman. We went into sewers to investigate something. My character was grabbed and dragged into the "Poo water" by the horror we had to investigate and almost drowned. The GM saw fit to give her an insanity based around the idea of what almost killed her but I would have to roll to see exactly what kind of reaction she would have. Either the dice god was cruel or just wanted to make everyone laugh. My agent become attracted to the idea of being covered in crap and would even eat it. Instead of becoming a paranoid germaphobe that I was hoping for.

Willot
October 28th, 2012, 07:40
oops forgot to change to accepting characters

rmpostman
October 29th, 2012, 01:22
3163 hope i did this right lol

rmpostman
October 29th, 2012, 04:27
here is updated hobart with background hope it will do

Willot
October 29th, 2012, 10:04
here is updated hobart with background hope it will do

Haha.... I live in Hobart, Tasmania

Looking over your character. You've not assigned your skill ranks. Or put in your special dwarven abilities.
Your also short some feats (you should have 1 normal feat +2 bonus feats)

Either have another crack at it or if you like I can do it for you. Just tell me the type of person your dwarf is.

Willot
November 2nd, 2012, 21:41
if you have second charcters post em up for me to import

Skellan
November 3rd, 2012, 20:19
I haven't yet, but I have herolab so could make one quickly if needed.
Wolfgang is too tough to die *ahem*

tahl_liadon
November 3rd, 2012, 22:01
thanks for accepting my request. should i post questions here or in calendar (a question posted there)?

Willot
November 3rd, 2012, 23:08
thanks for accepting my request. should i post questions here or in calendar (a question posted there)?
here is best.
If you have a character export it and post it here. As we are starting in a bout an hour. If you dont have a character There are a couple on the game that can be used. If you going make one a fighter type or healer type would be good. Then export and post here

tahl_liadon
November 3rd, 2012, 23:10
wouldn't take me long to make one: what's starting rules guidelines?

Willot
November 3rd, 2012, 23:34
wouldn't take me long to make one: what's starting rules guidelines?

Take 15pts do pt buy from core book Need fighter and/or healer type

tahl_liadon
November 4th, 2012, 00:02
justice is served.

Willot
November 4th, 2012, 00:10
Use teamspeak for voice server is fgts.servegame.com
Under Crown Subchannel

tahl_liadon
November 4th, 2012, 00:11
just updated to level 2.

Willot
November 4th, 2012, 06:55
mmmmm

Reach Weapons: Glaives, guisarmes, lances, longspears, ranseurs, and whips are reach weapons. A reach weapon is a melee weapon that allows its wielder to strike at targets that aren't adjacent to him. Most reach weapons double the wielder's natural reach, meaning that a typical Small or Medium wielder of such a weapon can attack a creature 10 feet away, but not a creature in an adjacent square. A typical Large character wielding a reach weapon of the appropriate size can attack a creature 15 or 20 feet away, but not adjacent creatures or creatures up to 10 feet away.

Seems like the hammer cant be used on enemies in next square?

Cept in AOO

Reach Weapons: Most creatures of Medium or smaller size have a reach of only 5 feet. This means that they can make melee attacks only against creatures up to 5 feet (1 square) away. However, Small and Medium creatures wielding reach weapons threaten more squares than a typical creature. In addition, most creatures larger than Medium have a natural reach of 10 feet or more.

Strange

Trenloe
November 4th, 2012, 08:40
Seems like the hammer cant be used on enemies in next square?
Any weapon that has the "reach" quality and is used by a small or medium creature attacks at 10 feet and cannot attack at 5 feet.

Cept in AOO
I know where you're coming from but that is not the case - the beginning of the paragraph above where you are looking states:

Threatened Squares: You threaten all squares into which you can make a melee attack, even when it is not your turn.
Only threatened square (doing actions in them or moving out of them) attract AOOs, so this is only at the 10 feet range, not the 5 feet immediately next to the person with the reach weapon.

The mention of "more squares than a typical creature" is referring to the fact that there are more squares at only 10 feet (16 squares) than there are at 5 feet (8 squares). See the medium creature threatened squares here: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat/space-reach-threatened-area-templates

Also, remember to include the diagonals - even though these are 15 feet if you calculated them based on 5-10-5-10 diagonal movement - reach is an exception to this rule (basically to prevent people "slipping" though a reach weapons threatening zone on the diagonal).

Slightly related - remember that reach weapons treat cover like ranged attacks. So, if someone with a reach weapon has an ally (or an enemy) between them and who they are attacking then the person in between will provide cover!

americanbully
November 4th, 2012, 13:22
there room for a barb?

Willot
November 5th, 2012, 02:22
there room for a barb?
yEP, no worries 15 pt buy we use teamspeak (FGII server)
Upload the character here when done so I can load it up

Ardem
November 5th, 2012, 02:50
Once again great game on Sunday was a lot of fun.

Although I feel my happy go lucky halfling got a little cyncial. Have to watch that, however he does not like being duped.

Skellan
November 5th, 2012, 04:01
Yes, i like your game. sorry my snakes and ladders got on the way!

Willot
November 5th, 2012, 04:12
Once again great game on Sunday was a lot of fun.

Although I feel my happy go lucky halfling got a little cyncial. Have to watch that, however he does not like being duped.

Yes he does seem to have some sort of anger issues invoking Kobolds

Skellan
November 5th, 2012, 20:05
And worgs :p
Do you know when we are playing this week? I want to keep it free

Willot
November 6th, 2012, 09:16
And worgs :p
Do you know when we are playing this week? I want to keep it free

Posted the time up on calender

Ardem
November 6th, 2012, 12:15
I am already see character development before my eyes. Things that lie to him seems to become on his hit list.

He does not seem to be inhibited by right or wrong or cruelty or death. But he is still loyal to his companions and when the battle is over he is generally happy about his predicament, regardless how close to death he is.

He seems to be very complex, yet simple in his direction and approach.

Skellan
November 6th, 2012, 13:14
I am glad he is on my side :)

Willot
November 6th, 2012, 19:45
I am already see character development before my eyes. Things that lie to him seems to become on his hit list.

He does not seem to be inhibited by right or wrong or cruelty or death. But he is still loyal to his companions and when the battle is over he is generally happy about his predicament, regardless how close to death he is.

He seems to be very complex, yet simple in his direction and approach.

I think I said something about this in the first game topic. A character needs only a small background at the beginning for a start then a character's motivators tend to come out in gameplay.

Skellan
November 11th, 2012, 00:48
Heres Bungo

Argol228
November 11th, 2012, 02:17
See, I am not the only one. https://spoonyexperiment.com/2011/10/20/counter-monkey-vegan-steve-and-the-djinni-of-jengai-fomogo/

Skellan
November 11th, 2012, 02:45
You are saving up for a flurry of crits :)

Gadreun
November 12th, 2012, 07:38
Willot's PM box is full! Im not getting my hopes up - but if you have space for 1 more id be dead keen to join if this is played weekends. Can guarantee regular attendance - 30 years pen and paper experience - Willing to play any role or character type required to flesh out group.

Can Pm me back - many thanks

Gad

Gadreun
November 15th, 2012, 10:24
Here is Kel

tahl_liadon
November 15th, 2012, 20:52
say, out of curiosity... when did the party level last? how much more until 3rd?

Willot
November 17th, 2012, 00:16
say, out of curiosity... when did the party level last? how much more until 3rd?

They leveled just before the start of this Game. They had only really just gotten down when you turned up

Wolfgang, Malena, Xanhorn are all on 3550xp ea

Justice is on 3100xp

And its Medium Progression So lvl at 5000xp

Ardem
November 20th, 2012, 03:55
So what did I miss out on?

Gadreun
November 20th, 2012, 06:45
We located another missing child and destroyed an undead creature or two. We are just heading down the well to the lower levels. The top appears cleared out now - still 3 children unaccounted for. A cleric of Sarenrae joined the party.

Willot
November 20th, 2012, 08:44
I accidently deleted you off the calender too ardem. Just turn up sunday. 9am GMT +11 (same as you I think)

Ardem
November 25th, 2012, 03:21
Good game again,

Xanhorn and Justice have an interesting side drama going on.

-----------------------------------------

After physically assaulted by Justice. Xanhorn throws the potion at Justice feet 'I don't need your help, maybe next time you listen to me about Kobold Scum!'

Wiping his blooded mouth to find a rock to sit on and fume silently thinking about payback. The happy go lucky Halfling started to reach into his soul and find the anger he has kept suppressed all these years.

Flashbacks of Kobolds torturing his sister over an open spit enter his mind as he watched hidden from tree high above, he was young and there were too many kobolds to help, but it never took the guilt away from his soul.

Should he of tired atleast? But she was dead already, maybe he could? maybe he couldn't? arguments flitted back and forward inside his now overworked brain.

Dark thoughts entering his mind as he sat turn his knife in his hands. This is the Paladins fault not mine. HE let some escape, not me. HE let the criminals go unpunished. HE should be the one guilt stricken.

I should of killed them even when he said not to, was I afraid, like that night. Never again, Never again they will all die! every Kobold in this stinking pit I don't care anymore and any KOBOLD FRIEND! glaring in the direction of Justice!

------------------------------------------

GM NOTE: In future if Justice tried to attack me I want a roll of initiative, as a halfing and rogue I cannot be caught flat footed. Next time the knives come out.

Willot
November 25th, 2012, 04:29
Good game again,

Xanhorn and Justice have an interesting side drama going on.

-----------------------------------------

After physically assaulted by Justice. Xanhorn throws the potion at Justice feet 'I don't need your help, maybe next time you listen to me about Kobold Scum!'

Wiping his blooded mouth to find a rock to sit on and fume silently thinking about payback. The happy go lucky Halfling started to reach into his soul and find the anger he has kept suppressed all these years.

Flashbacks of Kobolds torturing his sister over an open spit enter his mind as he watched hidden from tree high above, he was young and there were too many kobolds to help, but it never took the guilt away from his soul.

Should he of tired atleast? But she was dead already, maybe he could? maybe he couldn't? arguments flitted back and forward inside his now overworked brain.

Dark thoughts entering his mind as he sat turn his knife in his hands. This is the Paladins fault not mine. HE let some escape, not me. HE let the criminals go unpunished. HE should be the one guilt stricken.

I should of killed them even when he said not to, was I afraid, like that night. Never again, Never again they will all die! every Kobold in this stinking pit I don't care anymore and any KOBOLD FRIEND! glaring in the direction of Justice!

------------------------------------------

GM NOTE: In future if Justice tried to attack me I want a roll of initiative, as a halfing and rogue I cannot be caught flat footed. Next time the knives come out.

Nice......... Altho whether you get initiative or not would also depend on the circumstances But yer you can't be caught flat-footed

Willot
November 25th, 2012, 04:35
People Have Leveled to 3rd Level

Make your changes, Export and repost here for me to import

Willot
November 25th, 2012, 04:39
Kel You havn't leveled but here your character incase you want to Tidy it up or make changes to the current character. Export and repost here for me to import back. (Import is the up arrow in the character selection screen.
Then on a Particular character in the character selection screen Theres a DOWN arrow for export. Then attach to a post at FGII (Manage attachemnts Button further down)

Ardem
November 25th, 2012, 04:43
Nice......... Altho whether you get initiative or not would also depend on the circumstances But yer you can't be caught flat-footed

No what what I am saying is it should not be easy as hits me cause he feels like it. I am now wary of him ever getting close enough to do that again, is what I am meaning. I would expect that one was ok as I never would expect it from him

Something interesting though came to mind and I guess this is the whole paladin thing he attack me cause I was verbally assaulting the situation he lost control of his senses and attack me. As a paladin how does he justify his action, considering I never threatened him physically or made references to his god negatively.

I assume I perhaps besmerched his honour however that is a tricky thing as a knight you have that ability to lose control and defend you personally honour as a paladin it get tricky.

Food for thought.

Willot
November 25th, 2012, 07:22
No what what I am saying is it should not be easy as hits me cause he feels like it. I am now wary of him ever getting close enough to do that again, is what I am meaning. I would expect that one was ok as I never would expect it from him

Something interesting though came to mind and I guess this is the whole paladin thing he attack me cause I was verbally assaulting the situation he lost control of his senses and attack me. As a paladin how does he justify his action, considering I never threatened him physically or made references to his god negatively.

I assume I perhaps besmerched his honour however that is a tricky thing as a knight you have that ability to lose control and defend you personally honour as a paladin it get tricky.

Food for thought.

I would assume a god would allow some leeway (depending on the god). Humans do lose their temper. But repeated actions such as this would not be overlooked. And the reasons for the "transgression" molify it a bit.

Gadreun
November 25th, 2012, 08:15
looks like both characters will be doing some soul searching over the next few days. In the heat of battle its ok for tempers to get frayed as long as it doesnt fester into something more than it is. Its a nice little side plot developing but both characters need to focus on the mission and push the animosity aside for now. It will be interesting to see if Justice can swallow his pride and forgive himself for what has happened and comes to terms with a slight misjudgement. Conversely, it will also be interesting to see how Xan comes to terms with his own 'demons' and realise the paladin is a deeply driven individual as well. Perhaps there is some common ground there. Kel already realises he will have to try and play political peacemaker without making the situation worse.

Yup didn't expect id be anywhere close to leveling yet mate - iafter doing a little study on cleric i have made one or two minor adjustments you might like to look over ill post him later this week.

Willot
November 25th, 2012, 09:30
looks like both characters will be doing some soul searching over the next few days. In the heat of battle its ok for tempers to get frayed as long as it doesnt fester into something more than it is. Its a nice little side plot developing but both characters need to focus on the mission and push the animosity aside for now. It will be interesting to see if Justice can swallow his pride and forgive himself for what has happened and comes to terms with a slight misjudgement. Conversely, it will also be interesting to see how Xan comes to terms with his own 'demons' and realise the paladin is a deeply driven individual as well. Perhaps there is some common ground there. Kel already realises he will have to try and play political peacemaker without making the situation worse.

Yup didn't expect id be anywhere close to leveling yet mate - iafter doing a little study on cleric i have made one or two minor adjustments you might like to look over ill post him later this week.

I love it! Getting a bit of Roleplay into it! It makes my job easier too coz I myself dont foster it as much as I should. As long as it saying in the realm of fantasy as Gadreun said as Im sure it will.

I may have to come up with some homebrew rules regarding planing out elaborate tactics during battle. It is a bit metagamey As Justice said. Shouting out plans can be done but remember the enemy (if they speak your language) can hear you too. Probably involving some sort of skill/ mental attribute roles to determine if each person correctly plays their part. Id have to think on it.

Maybe you should name this plan. That way next time some shouts the "Malena Manoeuvre south!" or some thin like that. IE Fall back to a choke pt (south) allow the enemy to bunch up then Malena Drops a burning hands.

Or "THe Cloverfield" Kel acts as a meat shield with Justice and ranged people behind falling back and as enmemies move up take aoo on them with ranged guys finishing then up.

If you guys come around a corner and run into 15 warrior orcs You could say "OH Crap we're gonna get CHeesed!" (getting "Cheesed" is like getting creamed only it takes longer)

That sort of thing. Just rattling things off

On that... maybe people should private message one another with tactics (dont make em over complicated easy is best ((Im looking at you Malena) ;) ) and name them So I dont know what your doing when some says right its "Right! looks like Ginger Beer Time Boys! Clench UP!.......(have you shaken em up?)" SO IM thinking (as GM) what the hell are they up tooo??

Gadreun
November 25th, 2012, 09:56
On that... maybe people should private message one another with tactics (dont make em over complicated easy is best ((Im looking at you Malena) ;) ) and name them So I dont know what your doing when some says right its "Right! looks like Ginger Beer Time Boys! Clench UP!.......(have you shaken em up?)" SO IM thinking (as GM) what the hell are they up tooo??

Haha i love it - yeah i think once we have played together for a while these things will gel much smoother without having to 'direct traffic' or meta game -

i think the tactics we are developing could get coined in short phrases as you have suggested making it a little more interesting for you as well.

should be some fun sessions coming up me thinks

PS i changed my mind and will leave Kel exactly as he is.

Also we have to congratulate Xan on coming up with a terrific defense on the stairs that made life so much easier and longer lasting :P

tahl_liadon
November 25th, 2012, 16:18
[long]

out-of-game, i don't disagree that xan/ardem had a good strategy to retreat to a more opportune spot. i do give him credit for that, if i haven't said so. i often gm and i was being fair to the situation; i hesitated (and don't like) to metagame. it's a pet peeve of mine. consider this: xan must have been shouting his planning in the heat of the battle for all to hear, and i, as player, cannot overlook the fact that the enemies can hear this plan as well. there is stupidity, and there is simple survival: the enemies would not have blindly followed the party if they knew it would put them at a disadvantage.

i think it's amusing sometimes that in the turn-base model of rpg games, each full-round action is 6 secs, yet i often watch players spend a vast amount of time planning while in the heat of battle. sure i can see quick-thinking strategies and certain actions happening within the seconds of events, but players often forget (or choose not) to play by it. yes, it's a non-realistic game, but what makes it engaging for me is maintaining a level of "realism," both for pcs as well as npc. anyway... i digress.

in-game, consider this: justice has been anxious to find and protect these children once he had learned that that's was what's at stake. he believes children are, more often than not, victims of injustice for the mere fact that they are children: weaker, not so resourceful and innocent to the ways of the world -- good or bad, as it were. having found a child dead (been eaten, perhaps while alive, no less) sent him over the edge with distraught and an overwhelming sense of failure: to the child and to his god iomedae. while in his state of distress, the halfling taunted him (whether intentionally or not) with guilty reprimands (seeming to whole-heartedly believe was justice's fault).

[as a surprise round, so the xan cannot roll initiative ;-P succeeding cmb vs cmd, even if xan cannot be flat-footed] in a knee-jerk reaction, justice grabbed the hafling, perhaps with harmful intentions. however, since having been trained as a paladin, shoves the halfling off instead, turning his attention back to the dead child. yes, although no blood was drawn, certainly pride was critically damaged.

justice will then focus on taking care of the corpse, oblivious of any actions by halfling after that moment of transgression. he will return to the sleeping area and find any blankets/rags available to wrap her up. if kel has it, justice will ask the cleric to cast sanctify corpse. then if possible (i.e. gm permits), he will burn it on the spot, in the sleeping area so that the corpse cannot be molested (as meat). if that's not possible, he will strap her wrapped-up corpse on his back and continue until he is able to give her a proper burial (if needed, with the blessing and permission of her parents, assuming they're alive somewhere).

now some fluff:

the sight of the mutilated child was his fear in the flesh. justice fell to his knees and scooped it into his arms. then harsh invading words intruded into his sadness: it is the halfling; he is shouting seething guilty remarks. does he not see this dead, mutilated child?! does he not recognize the blatant injustice sprawled bloodied for all to witness?!

his blood boiled as the halfling's words pierced his inner ears, jabbing and working their way into his mind. no! these spiteful words shall not pass into my mind; they shall not corrupt the inner sanctum of the inheritor!

the adrenaline reached its charge. his arm obeyed the instinctively surged as it shot out, grabbing the halfling. his massive hand nearly completely wrapped around xan's neck. he felt his fingers tightening, but something snapped back: the will of iomedae was infinitely stronger, preventing the pressure to surmount, to choke the halfling to his senses. quite opposite, her will released the halfling with ease. justice thanked the grace of iomedae in his mind...

"don't." it was the only word he could manage to say to xan, then he shoved the halfling away.

why? why must the kobolds commit such savagery? what compelled them to give into their primal instincts and... slaughtered? i have been -- fought alongside -- with ones that have seen the glory of iomedae, that have cast off their chains of oppression against themselves and rise to the glory of justice and honor! there must be something in this place that pushes them to savagery, blinding them to the light! i must find it. i will destroy it and free them from the shackles of savagery!

regaining clarity, justice prepares to sanctify the body of innocence, lifelessly slumped in his arms.

Ardem
November 25th, 2012, 22:01
I love it! Getting a bit of Roleplay into it! It makes my job easier too coz I myself dont foster it as much as I should. As long as it saying in the realm of fantasy as Gadreun said as Im sure it will.

Oh hell, yeah I will make this very very clear, I never mix fantasy and reality. Some people may hate some of the things my characters says or does, but remember I see this is a game and a chance to act, if my acting is good it should be believable. Also my genuine belief the other person is doing the same so I never take anything personally, if it is meant personally you need to say "HEY THIS IS OOC but...."

However if it upset anyone in reality I can tone it back.

Also I agree on being full surprised however if anything ever got heated again, he would never be (learnt behaviour) and for the next few hours his ears will be twitching around Justice. Xan does also recognise the importance of the mission over his personal feelings, so don't worry kel.

--------------------------------------

On Metagaming totally agree, unfortunately in a game players do not trust as easily as they would in real life, especially those that been in the thick of combat one after the other. If I yell out I have a plan fall back, would it of been easier in real combat I think yes. But perhaps I will try this in future with quick bursts as I would in game.

Also I cannot think of a time I had metagamed before, perhaps I was getting carried away in the moment, also there is a lot of dead time in these 6s combat rounds which take more then 6s to play, this not an excuse and more a trap.

Willot
November 26th, 2012, 09:18
On Metagaming totally agree, unfortunately in a game players do not trust as easily as they would in real life, especially those that been in the thick of combat one after the other. If I yell out I have a plan fall back, would it of been easier in real combat I think yes. But perhaps I will try this in future with quick bursts as I would in game.

Also I cannot think of a time I had metagamed before, perhaps I was getting carried away in the moment, also there is a lot of dead time in these 6s combat rounds which take more then 6s to play, this not an excuse and more a trap.

Good Plan but.. Worked well

Gadreun
November 27th, 2012, 09:36
totally agree on trying to avoid metagaming and i was also doing it. Its hard to try and be the characters when in the heat of battle we are trying to avoid a TPK. I think either way we did that maneuver, we would have finished the job safely enough. But where we moved to gave us all equal opportunity to unleash on incoming targets - something we will want to rinse and repeat. Looking forward to our next game!

Willot
November 30th, 2012, 18:28
hour later start this week

Gadreun
November 30th, 2012, 19:27
thanks for the headsup :) Also do you think it might be worthwhile advertising for 1 -2 more players? as there are only 4 of us currently? We could do with a fighter and rogue or wizard - maybe consider changing the game calendar listing to accepting players? Just means if we have someone not turn up - you wont be stuck with you having to juggle roles - just a thought :)

Willot
November 30th, 2012, 22:59
thanks for the headsup :) Also do you think it might be worthwhile advertising for 1 -2 more players? as there are only 4 of us currently? We could do with a fighter and rogue or wizard - maybe consider changing the game calendar listing to accepting players? Just means if we have someone not turn up - you wont be stuck with you having to juggle roles - just a thought :)

A caster might be nice

damned
November 30th, 2012, 23:26
the heat of the battle will also distract your enemy and cause them to not hear you clearly, to notcare what you say or to not fully understand what you say. when you yell "fall back to the corner" some enemies will take it as a sign they are winning and charge headlong after you.
intelligent enemies that wouldnt do that might just be planning a similar move on you...
if you think people are taking too long to consider tactics and moves each turn set the clock on them! give them 15secs to announce their intention and 60secs to complete their turn :)

Gadreun
December 1st, 2012, 05:25
Have we lost our Rogue Xan? hes not listed in the active players list in the calendar.

Willot
December 1st, 2012, 06:53
Heres something I posted a while back to show how a backstory can get out of control In case you missed it.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17356

damned
December 1st, 2012, 07:50
im with the quote that was attributed to Gygax in that other thread - players bring the most amazing and fantastic back stories - for level 1 characters. Some level 6 characters shouldnt have the back stories some players come up with!

I know players love to tell a story but it has to be within the realms of something a level 1 pleb would have lived thru - so if its amazing fantastical stuff - it should probably be happening to their family or best friend... and somehow you get involved at the tail end.

The story is good - I would turn it into a hook for an adventure - rather than leave it as back story that gets read once and forgotten about! Just my 5c.

Willot
December 1st, 2012, 22:00
Have we lost our Rogue Xan? hes not listed in the active players list in the calendar.

No he just isnt in the list I accidently deleted him

Ardem
December 1st, 2012, 22:12
we playing as it is sunday 9am?

Willot
December 1st, 2012, 22:32
we playing as it is sunday 9am?
Hour later 10am
Bringing up fg now if your want to do your levels.

Willot
December 2nd, 2012, 04:41
Here are characters to import to Edit
Sydrome Its a 15pt buy for abilities. Try to Come up with a small Backstory.

Willot
December 5th, 2012, 09:10
As Ive got something on this sunday The game will have to be Saturday

Gadreun
December 5th, 2012, 10:09
I have another game starting at 1pm your time Saturday Willot - so that will give me 3 hours with yours unless you want to push it back 1 hour? Up to you mate. Let me know. Either way ill be there for 3 hours on Saturday - hopefully my hangover will be done by then (xmas do Friday night :P)

tahl_liadon
December 5th, 2012, 15:22
hey, gents, i know you are on the other side of the earth and are speaking in relative terms, but would you please post more objective time references as you discuss scheduling.

either gmt or est zone works for me. thanks!

Gadreun
December 6th, 2012, 06:00
hmm yeah i guess that's fair. So the game starts at my 12pm Saturday - that's Willot's 10am Saturday or 11.00pm GMT - I was advising that i have another regular Saturday game that starts at 2am GMT (my 3pm). My suggestion was could we start 30 mins-1 hour earlier allowing 4 hours for our game time.

Campaigns you are playing in
PF Greyhawk Campaign
Sat, Dec 8th 03:00 PM GMT+12 (DST)
A Crown Too Far
Sat, Dec 8th 12:00 PM GMT+12 (DST)

which reminds me i must chase up Damned re his game.

I also just realised i potentially have a game starting on Saturday 9.30am GMT as well - im going to be a very busy fella!

Trenloe
December 6th, 2012, 06:10
hmm yeah i guess that's fair. So the game starts at my 12pm Saturday - that's Willot's 10am Saturday or 1.00am GMT
It's not 1am GMT, it's 11pm GMT Friday.

Try this: https://timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?iso=20121208T10&p1=396&p2=500&p3=136&p4=179

EDIT: So you now have 5 hours for Willot's game! :D

Unless you haven't converted the 4am GMT game correctly either?!? :p

Gadreun
December 6th, 2012, 06:20
i have a world clock lol i just finished work and im knackered (can i use that term here?) you are quite right as usual tren, my bad hehe. i have always had trouble converting time as im 20 something hours ahead of the states.

for willots game its easier for me to think in terms of hes two hours behind me.

Willot
December 6th, 2012, 08:34
Of course Ive also put it in the calendar so As long as your time zones are set in your profiles on here The time the calendar shows is correct for you :)

Willot
December 6th, 2012, 08:40
mmmmm with syndrome out We may have to call it for this weekend What about Next Sunday?
Next Sunday Would also give me time to think about and maybe prepare whats next.....

Gadreun
December 6th, 2012, 10:11
I dont mind at all ... i love to play so would be keen but if you need the weekend off i understand

Ardem
December 8th, 2012, 22:49
guys remember I do not have calender this really sucks as I don't know what has gone on.

Gadreun
December 8th, 2012, 23:04
We aren't playing this week - Willot had something come up - we were trying to rearrange for yesterday but couldn't get the numbers. See you next week :)

Willot
December 9th, 2012, 00:21
guys remember I do not have calender this really sucks as I don't know what has gone on.
yeah id hve to try get get you back on. But I will always repeat myself on here too

Willot
December 16th, 2012, 03:51
Here are you exported charaters

Unfortunally Syndrome didnt quite make level

Gadreun
December 16th, 2012, 06:29
looks like you were right Willot -

Sun Domain Deities: Iomedae, Sarenrae. Granted Powers: You see truth in the pure and burning light of the sun, and can call upon its blessing or wrath to work great deeds. Sun’s Blessing (Su): Whenever you channel positive energy to harm undead creatures, add your cleric level to the damage dealt. Undead do not add their channel resistance to their saves when you channel positive energy.

Gadreun
December 16th, 2012, 08:56
Heres Kel completed to 3rd level

did we divide up the cash we found?

i know we gave the 50gp reward to that family.

Just want to be able to scribe a few handy scrolls.

i started todays game with 105gp

Willot
December 16th, 2012, 09:24
looks like you were right Willot -

Sun Domain Deities: Iomedae, Sarenrae. Granted Powers: You see truth in the pure and burning light of the sun, and can call upon its blessing or wrath to work great deeds. Sun’s Blessing (Su): Whenever you channel positive energy to harm undead creatures, add your cleric level to the damage dealt. Undead do not add their channel resistance to their saves when you channel positive energy.

Yeah I thought Id read something about it somewhere

Hey maybe you ought to put one of these in your Inventory

"The Birth of Light and Truth is the principal holy book of Sarenrae"

Willot
December 16th, 2012, 09:25
Heres Kel completed to 3rd level

did we divide up the cash we found?

i know we gave the 50gp reward to that family.

Just want to be able to scribe a few handy scrolls.

i started todays game with 105gp

Havnt worked out the loot quite yet. Let you know probably give you a chance to do that stuff at the start of the new adventurer in a couple of weeks

BTW the resisting the Zombies were doing was because of thier DR:5 Accually TICKING the "IS spell DAmage" fixed it (Spell damage cant be DR'ed away)

Syndrome
December 20th, 2012, 23:25
heres my guy... keeping estebon as a back up assuming rogues are doomed in this game lol... still working on backstory for him though