PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Effects not showing in Pathfinder/3.5

morgangray24
October 17th, 2012, 06:51
Hello everyone!

I'm a new user to FG2, and have been spending the last week or so getting up to speed on the program (which is awesome). I have noticed that in my test Pathfinder campaign (with all the Pathfinder modules installed and showing) that when I click my Campaign Effects button that the list is empty, is this normal, or should I see a default list of standard effects?

This all came about when I went to learn about adding effects (as for some reason Divine Favor didn't have a dragable effect, so I went about reading the Library entry), thats when I noticed that in Camp. Effects, I don't have anything listed by default.

Thanks in advance to any help anyone can provide...again, this might just be normal FG :)

Trenloe
October 17th, 2012, 07:55
The effects are a place for you (the GM) to enter any frequently used effects specific to your game - you don't get any by default as there could be hundreds!

There is a module that includes the default conditions (just the names that FG recognises), it is available in post #3 of the modules thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=120187

Other than that, you have the option of creating the ones you frequently use in the campaign "Effects" list, or what a lot of people do is create them as effects under a dummy spell class and spells in the PC actions tab.

morgangray24
October 18th, 2012, 04:01
Thank you so much for the info, I had thought it might be something related to the GM picking and choosing what to add there (as effects are so varied).

Thanks so much for the common effects link, that is awesome :)

I appreciate the help!