PDA

View Full Version : NumberControl vs numbercontrol?

malvok
October 16th, 2012, 15:19
I was going over the RMC code and noticed a tag that seemed different from the rest.

On lines 455 and 493 of utility_preferences.xml there is the tag <NumberControl>. Everywhere else in the code it's <numbercontrol>.

Is this something that needs changed? I was getting an error when generating some documentation because of it. Should this be changed to lowercase?

Dakadin
October 16th, 2012, 17:37
Good catch! :) It should be all lower case but it shouldn't be causing errors because the template it is in isn't being used in the ruleset. It goes back to version 1.2 and isn't being used there. I will make an update to my development code to correct the issue.

malvok
October 16th, 2012, 17:41
I wasn't getting an error in the game, it was when I was generating some documentation for the ruleset with oxygenxml.

Glad to help. :)

Dakadin
October 16th, 2012, 17:43
Please let me know if you see anything else. :)

malvok
October 16th, 2012, 18:18
There was something else. It seems that putting "--"'s in comments throws errors too.

For example "<!-------Bastard Sword------>"

Dakadin
October 17th, 2012, 06:59
I see a few places with multiple --- but I don't see the bastard sword example you used. Is that in one of the RMC files?

malvok
October 17th, 2012, 10:43
I just meant that as a general example, I had remembered seeing something similar.

A real example would be in Character Law, common.xml:

Line 40595: <!----501 Bastard sword (hs) -------->

malvok
October 17th, 2012, 11:08
On last thing, there are some "&" in the xml like at Character Law, common.xml.

Line 23618 <name type="string">Staves & Wands</name>

These should be "&amp;".

Dakadin
October 17th, 2012, 15:33
Thanks for the clarification. Also, I've been cleaning up the &'s but obviously missed a couple. ;)