PDA

View Full Version : *PFS #4–05: The Sanos Abduction Sunday 28th 7.00pm GMT

Skellan
October 15th, 2012, 03:15
*PFS #4–05: The Sanos Abduction
Sunday 28th 7.00pm GMT

A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 3–7.

The Pathfinders are sent to the Sanos Forest in central Varisia to assist an agent researching the fey who inhabit the remote wood. But like many seemingly routine tasks in a Pathfinder's adventuring career, the simple support mission quickly turns into an adventure the PCs aren't soon to forget—presuming they survive.

Please sign up on the calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=908) and this thread

Bloodlust
October 15th, 2012, 10:04
Is there any chance this could be pulled forward a couple of hours or the day before?

Finally a 3-7 is being run. This is what i was talking about before when I was saying that most of these games are scheduled when I am at work or with not enough time before work to make it. I'm happy to get up in the middle of the night to play if it can be scheduled :)

Skellan
October 15th, 2012, 10:46
Sorry this isnt the best time for you but i cant run on on saturday that weekend.
I have added an alternate start time as an option for people to vote on.
I have had an email from someone from the event listing on the paizo website who wants to play, so it is looking promising. Please note that this is advertised at 7pm gmt so it will run at that time unless everyone agrees to change it.

Bloodlust
October 15th, 2012, 10:50
Okay, sool :)

Please approve me so I can select the time :)

Jamal Mustafa
#53968-1
GP: 174.5
Prestige: 16

Rose Claymore
October 21st, 2012, 10:49
I'm interesting in playing, but I'm new to Fantasy Grounds and have never played online before. Where do I start?

P.S.: I'm familiar with PFS and have been playing locally for the past several months, and would like to play using my 3rd level tiefling magus.

Bloodlust
October 21st, 2012, 10:54
Well, first thing is first. You need to sign up on the calendar to secure your place.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=908

Down the bottom you'll see the list of players and it will say (on the right), "Apply as player". Click on that and it will refresh the screen and you will be added to that list. Then you click on "edit" and add your character details such as character name and level, etc.

Next, go to https://www.fantasygrounds.com/downloads/

Fantasy Grounds II

Download the installer here. Running the installer requires an active internet connection to complete. Note that the installer is the same for all versions (Full, Lite, Ultimate and Unregistered.)

Download now: All licenses (50 MB)

Once you've done that we can get you a character set up.

Skellan
October 21st, 2012, 11:27
Welcome dust raven. Hope you get set up ok. If you have any trouble just let me know.
Also, you don't need a paid version to play my games. its free for everyone as i have an ultimate license

Rose Claymore
October 22nd, 2012, 08:37
Thanks, Bloodlust!

Okay, I applied for admission to the game, and have installed the FG II thingy. Not sure what to do with it at this point. At this point I'm must hoping I've applied/installed everything correctly.

Trenloe
October 22nd, 2012, 09:33
Okay, I applied for admission to the game, and have installed the FG II thingy. Not sure what to do with it at this point. At this point I'm must hoping I've applied/installed everything correctly.
Have a look at Keith Hershey Jr.'s intro videos:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC0DA3B7B2AD64D39&feature=plcp

Also, scan the 3.5E user's guide (available from the "downloads" link at the top of this page).

It will be useful to have Fantasy Grounds up and running (load the demo campaign) while you are watching the videos/scanning the user guide - pause the videos as you are going along and try things out.

Skellan
October 22nd, 2012, 09:42
I have my server up now, and it will probably be up most of the day if you want to join my game and test it out

Bloodlust
October 22nd, 2012, 10:58
Thanks, Bloodlust!

All good mate :)

The more people on here the better :) Hope you can make the same timeslot as me so we can meet up and play together :)

Bloodlust
October 22nd, 2012, 14:16
Okay, so next step is to sign up for a time slot. If you go to the calendar page where you signed up on the left-hand side you'll see the two timeslots that are being offered and a yes/no next to them. Click on one or both (if you could make either one).

I personally can't make the first one due to work times but don't let that stop you selecting it if it is the only time that you can make :)

avro5731
October 23rd, 2012, 21:58
are there 2 games running and what are the gmt times -- its calender shows 2 an not a lot of folk signed up

Skellan
October 23rd, 2012, 22:15
Times are either 4pm GMT or 7pm GMT depending on votes
Please note that daylight savings happens (for me at least) on this day, so please factor this in :)

Skellan
October 26th, 2012, 09:05
We currently have the most votes for the 7.00pm session.
I have listed an alternate time of 5.30 GMT, as hopefully this middle ground may be good for everyone.

If people can't do this alternate time, I will run it at 7.00pm for the majority.

If you are entering a character I haven't seen before, please could you send me a copy of your previous chronicle sheet. Let me know if you have problems doing this.

Bloodlust
October 26th, 2012, 13:14
Guys can we please vote for ALL sessions that you are physically able to attend, not just your preferred one.

This game will be in the middle of the night (1:30am/option 2) my time - hardly "preferrable" but I simply, physically can NOT make the other one as I have to leave for work at 7am (four hours after scheduled start time = not enough).

avro5731
October 26th, 2012, 14:55
Sorry to say I'm the opposite I can make the 2nd but the 1st I may be 30 or more mins late. I know Bloodlust has a work issue so if I'm the only one with an issue plz run the early and I will see if I can get home earlier but its a 50/50 shot.

Skellan
October 26th, 2012, 14:59
Both avro and sarien voted no for the earlier slot :(

Bloodlust
October 26th, 2012, 15:10
Sarien hasn't voted "no" for the earlier slot, he just only voted "yes" for the later one.

If needs be I'll do the later one but I've only got four hours. Games are only supposed to run four hours but quite often they run longer, especially on FG where there is quite a bit more to do than a TT game.

What do you think Skellan? Is this a very "heavy" scenario or do you think we could knock it out in time?

Skellan
October 26th, 2012, 15:45
He voted no for the 5pm slot, so I removed it to keep clutter down and added a 5.30 option.

Being realistic, I would say a running time of 5 hours.
Its tight either way with this slot.

Skellan
October 26th, 2012, 15:49
Am I right in thinking that 6.00pm GMT would suit everyone?

Bloodlust
October 26th, 2012, 15:52
I could push it to a max of 4.5 hours assuming I can duck out for a shower at some point during the scenario.

Worst comes to worst if everyone wants that later time slot and we haven't finished before 7:30am (my time) then I'll have to pull out before the end. Hopefully I could have completed at least one faction mission before then and as long as I've done 2/3rds of the encounters I'll still get the 1xp.

I'd prefer to see it through to the end though. Having someone join late is always better than having someone pull out before the final battle I feel.

Bloodlust
October 26th, 2012, 15:53
Am I right in thinking that 6.00pm GMT would suit everyone?

It would definately give a bit more breathing room.

Rose Claymore
October 27th, 2012, 07:10
It looks like I won't be able to attend after all.

My local group has these scenario slotted for tomorrow and it's the only one I haven't played yet.

EDIT: Actually, I might show up anyway, if it's okay if I replay it almost immediately after playing it (with the same character even), just to see if I can get a handle on playing online. I'm still not sure how the FGII thing works or how to sign in though.

Skellan
October 27th, 2012, 09:24
I am pulling this scenario forward an hour to 6.00pm GMT as it seems that everyone can make this time.
Hopefully, everyone will see this change. In either case, I will start when everyone arrives. Please try to be ready beforehand. If you need any help with your character or anything please let me know.

Dust Raven, I am happy for you to replay this if you want as there are free spaces available. If the game was full up though, I would rather give the slot to someone who can get credit.

Gwaihir Scout
October 27th, 2012, 15:20
Not sure how I missed this one. I think it was because I wasn't sure of my schedule this weekend. I'm good for either time listed in the calendar entry, but I'd prefer the earlier one.

My character's already in the thread for next week's game.

Skellan
October 27th, 2012, 20:06
Awesome, glad you can make it

Sarien
October 28th, 2012, 13:58
Hey guys,
Start without me when you are ready. I will log in as soon as I get home, and see if I can still get in the game. I'm even ok with partial credit if it comes to that. Have fun!

Skellan
October 28th, 2012, 15:55
Ok Sarien, we will see if we are not too far in for you to start when you arrive

Servers are up if anyone needs them :)

Bloodlust
October 28th, 2012, 19:12
Character sheets attached:

avro5731
October 28th, 2012, 19:19
not sure why this isnt updating so attached here

Skellan
October 28th, 2012, 19:21
Ok, I have got you uploaded to the server

Bloodlust
October 29th, 2012, 00:11
Thanks very much for running the game :)

Thanks also guys for listening to my situation and for those that offered to help :)

Rose Claymore
October 29th, 2012, 00:12
That was a great game!

For when we can do this again, how would I got about getting one of my own characters into FS? Does it need to be an xml file, and if so how could I convert a file from Hero Lab? Or could I just enter in everything manually?

Trenloe
October 29th, 2012, 00:20
For when we can do this again, how would I got about getting one of my own characters into FS? Does it need to be an xml file, and if so how could I convert a file from Hero Lab? Or could I just enter in everything manually?
See this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16961

Skellan
October 29th, 2012, 00:40
Glad you enjoyed it Dust Raven. And thanks for the rules assists :)
It would be great to see you with your own character and you are more than welcome in my games

Rose Claymore
October 29th, 2012, 00:51
Glad you enjoyed it Dust Raven. And thanks for the rules assists :)
It would be great to see you with your own character and you are more than welcome in my games
It was a blast! And no one died (our paladin died when I played it Saturday)! I'm looking forward to more games. :)

Though I'm new to PFS, I've been playing Pathfinder since it was still 3.5 and 3.5 since it was published. So I'm something of a rules guru. I'm not always right though since I'm still learning the stuff from the Ultimate and Advanced books.

Skellan
October 29th, 2012, 00:59
If there is anything I can help you with getting set up, just let me know

Skellan
October 29th, 2012, 18:31
You did well, one of the creatures in it has an ability which is just EVIL. Its just a player killer. Thankfully for you, I never got into a position to use it.

Your chronicle sheets and exported characters are available here to view (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7c97zbj4alna8vt/AaKDyEfKni). Please let me know if you want to make any purchases and whether everything is in order. I will then sign them off

Thanks for playing everyone :)

Gwaihir Scout
October 29th, 2012, 19:27
Thanks for running. That boon is great. It's totally unnecessary, but provides a nice story for later. Pity I can't use it on this character. I'll definitely run this one so my sorcerer can get it. Shaela would have to be in an unusually good mood to bother taking someone to meet "the little annoyance," but Shen Tan could pull it off.

My PFS# is actually 41341-3, and I'm just getting cold iron bolts (2 gp), alchemical silver bolts (3 gp), and two spring-loaded wrist sheathes (10 gp for the pair).

Skellan
October 29th, 2012, 19:53
Ok, you are signed off :)

Yeah, the boon is great even if it isn't that useful for your character

avro5731
October 29th, 2012, 23:27
Thanks again for running this Skellan

Bought +1 Cold Iron Earthbreaker 4380gp

Gwaihir Scout
October 30th, 2012, 15:46
Something I just became aware of and wanted to pass on:

Potions still have to make a caster level check against the Save DC to remove a disease or a poison. Normally for Neutralize Poison that's CL 7, but these were CL 6 for some reason.

Skellan
October 30th, 2012, 16:57
Thanks Gwaihir, I didnt know that

Rose Claymore
October 30th, 2012, 18:48
Something I just became aware of and wanted to pass on:

Potions still have to make a caster level check against the Save DC to remove a disease or a poison. Normally for Neutralize Poison that's CL 7, but these were CL 6 for some reason.
Haha! I never realized that! By default they could have been as low as CL 5 (if made by a druid, which considering who gave them to us I assume they were). I'll have to remember that.

Gwaihir Scout
October 30th, 2012, 21:48
Yes, except in PFS rules generic potions, wands, and scrolls are only made by a druid (or paladin, etc.) if a cleric can't do it. Same thing for wizards and other arcane casters.

Rose Claymore
October 30th, 2012, 22:03
Guide says "clerics, druids or wizards". The spell appears as both a cleric and druid spell, so I'd pick druid as it's 3rd there instead of 4th. It's the same for picking the cleric version of cure moderate over the druid's, just in the other direction.

Trenloe
October 30th, 2012, 22:40
Guide says "clerics, druids or wizards". The spell appears as both a cleric and druid spell, so I'd pick druid as it's 3rd there instead of 4th. It's the same for picking the cleric version of cure moderate over the druid's, just in the other direction.
You're right Dark Raven - the default lists are clerics, druids and wizards. :) Just to be clear to everyone for working out CL and costs of spell items, the 4.2 PFS guide states:

If a spell appears at different levels on two different lists, use the lower level spell to determine cost. As an example, poison would be priced as a 3rd-level druid spell instead of a 4th-level cleric spell. All potions, scrolls, and wands are available only at the minimum caster level unless found at a higher caster level on a Chronicle sheet.
So default Cure Moderate Wounds would be Cleric level 2 (not Druid 3) with a CL of 3; which would result in a potion costing 300gp (2nd level).

For Neutralize Poison, Druid level 3 (not Cleric 4) would be used (CL = 5) so a potion would cost 750gp and the CL check to neutralize the poison would be 1d20+5.

Note: scrolls cost half of the above listed amounts. Wands cost 375gp for 0 level spells, 750gp for 1st, 4,500gp for second, 11,250gp for 3rd and 21,000gp for 4th level spells!

Spell casting services (e.g. asking a cleric at the local temple to cast cure spells) cost: Caster level × spell level × 10 gp + any additional spell costs: the usual (unless the NPC class level is detailed in the scenario) is to assume the caster level is the minimum needed to cast the spell in question.

All of the above costs are detailed in the core rulebook and the Pathfinder PRD: https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Gwaihir Scout
October 30th, 2012, 23:55
Ah, right, I extended the rule about partial casters making wands too far. Of course, you have to remember to compare lists this way.