PDA

View Full Version : iso pathfinder campaign

Syndrome
October 15th, 2012, 01:49
would be interested in doing a pathfinder society campaign on Tuesday or Wednesday weekly or bi weekly... pretty much anytime t/w is good so any takers?

Trenloe
October 15th, 2012, 02:24
would be interested in doing a pathfinder society campaign on Tuesday or Wednesday weekly or bi weekly... pretty much anytime t/w is good so any takers?
Pathfinder Society (PFS) "campaigns" are actually a series of one-shot games usually with a different GM and players each time - it is Paizo's Organized Play campaign. More info here: https://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/

If you are interested in playing, keep an eye on the game announcement thread (it is a good idea to subscribe to it to receive email alerts - if you have setup email alerts in your profile). Also, to be prepared:

Register for a PFS number on the Paizo website.
Download the free guide to organized play: https://paizo.com/products/btpy84k4 and read the first 2-3 chapters.
Create a new 1st level character using the guidelines in the guide.
Decide on a PFS faction to play (details in the guide).

Or, you can run a PFS pregen for your first game and then apply any gains (experience, gold, etc.) from this first game to a new character you create later. But, if you are going to play a pregen for your first game, please carry out items 1 and 2 in the above list so you have a PFS player number and know something about the PFS games.

Syndrome
October 15th, 2012, 02:52
alright thanks... ive already got set up for pfs and ran one game so far... just wanted to have a steady game going for tuesday or wednesday

Trenloe
October 15th, 2012, 03:03
So, are you offering to GM a regular game?

Syndrome
October 15th, 2012, 03:04
oh yea i guess i didnt really specify i wanted to play in one did i lol... oops

Trenloe
October 15th, 2012, 03:17
oh yea i guess i didnt really specify i wanted to play in one did i lol... oops
:D

Some GMs tend to run semi-regular PFS games - they all advertise them through the game announcement thread. The way we run it in the PFS community here is that each game announced is run on a first-come-first-served basis. The great thing about PFS is that they are one-shots with an underlying rough storyline and is completely setup to allow for a different group each session.

Of course, each GM can run each game how they please - so you may be lucky and find a GM who is willing to keep the same set of players for a regular timeslot. However, GMs who are available regularly tend to run full on campaigns not the one-shot PFS scenarios.

Syndrome
October 15th, 2012, 03:26
alright thanks for the replys :)