PDA

View Full Version : PFS #3-18: The God's Market Gamble

Skellan
October 14th, 2012, 22:27
PFS #3-18: The God's Market Gamble
Sunday 21st October 2012. 6.00pm GMT

A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1–5.

Valuable relics of religious natures have been disappearing on their way into Absalom and the Pathfinder Society stands to lose countless irreplaceable artifacts if the cause isn't found. Amid the bustling markets of the God's Market in the shadow of the Starstone Cathedral, the Society sets a plan in motion to ensure the parties responsible for the recent thefts are caught and brought to justice.

To book a place at the table for this session please sign up on the calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=906) and post your character along with either your previous chronicle sheet or your PFS number, XP, Gold, Fame/Prestige to this thread

I will mark you as attending once I get this information

Thanks

Blackfoot
October 14th, 2012, 22:46
Sounds like a good job for my Rogue (thug).
Grum - Rogue (thug)
PFS# 39241-6
Level: 2
XP: 5
PP: 8(8)
GP: 734
Faction: Sczarni
Chronicle #4

Bloodlust
October 14th, 2012, 23:37
Hi Skellan,

I'd LOVE to play in this but it is scheduled for 2am Monday morning. I need to leave for work at 7am. Is there any possibility that it can be moved back one day, or started an hour earlier?

Also hoping for this one to be a Tier 4-5. We'll get one eventually :)

PFS number: 53968-1
XP - 9
Gold - 174.5
Fame/Prestige - 16/16

Skellan
October 15th, 2012, 00:51
Hi Skellan,

I'd LOVE to play in this but it is scheduled for 2am Monday morning. I need to leave for work at 7am. Is there any possibility that it can be moved back one day, or started an hour earlier?

Also hoping for this one to be a Tier 4-5. We'll get one eventually :)

PFS number: 53968-1
XP - 9
Gold - 174.5
Fame/Prestige - 16/16

Sorry, I am busy on Saturday and I am playing in a Delta Green Game on Sunday afternoon so I can't pull it forward. The following weekend looks better at the moment, I will see what I am doing

Skellan
October 15th, 2012, 03:27
Sorry Bloodlust, I can't do the following Saturday either, but keep a look out for other scenarios

deepdivinbloke
October 15th, 2012, 08:56
Hi there, please sign me up.

I am using the same character as before, Quick Ben. Let me know if you need any further info as I think you have it all.

Is it 6pm or 7pm?

Cheers

Bloodlust
October 15th, 2012, 10:02
Well this still gives me 5 hours to play so hopefully it'll be fine :)

Skellan
October 15th, 2012, 11:01
Hi there, please sign me up.

I am using the same character as before, Quick Ben. Let me know if you need any further info as I think you have it all.

Is it 6pm or 7pm?

Cheers

Booked you in :)
This one is 6.00pm GMT - 7.00pm BST, so it will be 7pm for you :)

Skellan
October 15th, 2012, 11:04
Well this still gives me 5 hours to play so hopefully it'll be fine :)
Ok mate, I have booked you in

Bloodlust
October 15th, 2012, 11:17
Thank you :)

Syndrome
October 15th, 2012, 12:14
i think id like to play in this one as well if theres still room :)

Skellan
October 15th, 2012, 12:17
i think id like to play in this one as well if theres still room :)
You are welcome - booked you in

Just one spot left for this session now

Syndrome
October 15th, 2012, 12:19
do you require my char info again?

Skellan
October 15th, 2012, 12:27
I have your info thanks. I notice you are playing on saturday too but thats not a problem, we will work it out. Try not to die though hehe :p
Being able to play games run by different gms is one of the great things about pfs :)

Skellan
October 15th, 2012, 20:39
Ok we are now full for this session

The players are:

DAWpage
Syndrome
Blackfoot
Bloodlust
RangerOps
deepdivinbloke

LegalBeagle just missed out and is on the reserve list

If there is enough interest, I may run another session of this on Friday evening. Please check the calendar and vote on this if you are interested. The Sunday session will definitely go ahead and we can see if we get the numbers for another on Friday

Cheers

Bloodlust
October 16th, 2012, 09:45
If the Friday session can be a 4-5 I'd be very keen to play then instead :)

Skellan
October 16th, 2012, 11:39
Ok, I have added this as an option to vote on.The friday session is still only a possibility at this stage.Hopefully we will get the magic 4 players to run this

Bloodlust
October 16th, 2012, 11:42
Okay I'm keen for any time slot if we can run a tier 4-5. Even if we only get two more players plus one NPC pre-gen :)

Skellan
October 16th, 2012, 12:06
Oops, I thought you meant the time - was half asleep hehe.

Manium
October 17th, 2012, 00:13
Sign me up!
I need to play a ton more lower levels before we get to the more hardcore tiers >:]

EDIT: Will upload PFS numbers once paizo's site is back up.

Skellan
October 17th, 2012, 00:34
I have added you. The sunday session is full atm, but can put you down for friday and see if we get enough people.

Skellan
October 18th, 2012, 12:43
Just to update on this game:
The Sunday session is full with the following players:

DAWpage
Syndrome
Blackfoot
Bloodlust
RangerOps
deepdivinbloke

The scenario looks awesome and I am really looking forward to running it.

At the moment there are only two for a friday session (Legalbeagle and Manium) If this session doesn't fill by 6.00pm tonight, I will say it isn't running as it is getting too close to kick off.

cheers

Bloodlust
October 18th, 2012, 12:48
At the moment there are only two for a friday session (Legalbeagle and Manium) If this session doesn't fill by 6.00pm tonight, I will say it isn't running as it is getting too close to kick off.

cheers

If those two either have a level 4-5 character or are willing to play a pre-gen for credit then I'd be very happy to play in the Friday session so we all get to play :)

DAWPage
October 18th, 2012, 12:58
I can try to play Friday with my 3rd level Cleric (Braken) to get off the 4-5 tier. I have to work the first couple of hours so I may be a bit distracted at times, but I have done it before.

Dave (DAWPage)

Bloodlust
October 18th, 2012, 13:03
Good on ya Dave :)

I figure that as long as Manium or Leaglebeagle can play Valeros for some front-line then we should be okay with your cleric being 3rd level :)

Manium
October 18th, 2012, 20:03
I'm fine with playing Valeros pre-gen (lvl 4 I'm assuming) as long as Merric gets credit >:]

Trenloe
October 18th, 2012, 20:29
I'm fine with playing Valeros pre-gen (lvl 4 I'm assuming) as long as Merric gets credit >:]
FYI - Merric will get credit when they reach the level of the pregen played - so you will have to keep the chronicle to apply to Meric when (and only when) they reach level 4 - not before.

Skellan
October 19th, 2012, 00:16
Ok, if all four show tomorrow we will be good to go.
If anyone can't make it, please let me know

See you then :)

Bloodlust
October 19th, 2012, 03:07
Skellan are you able to run the pre-gen cleric if we only get three? You've offered before for other games but I wanted to check ahead of time :)

Thanks again for running this :)

Skellan
October 19th, 2012, 04:02
If you have made the effort to be there, I will do everything I can to run the game, including running a prgn, though this is a last resort. It is worth keeping in mind that a pregen played by me is likely to be less effective than a player running the character as I will have lots of other things to do!

Bloodlust
October 19th, 2012, 04:21
Definately understood. Thanks again for running it.

avro5731
October 19th, 2012, 04:23
your playing this tomorrow? what lvls? I see you have room - if its a time I can get too I will play.

Bloodlust
October 19th, 2012, 04:34
Friday 19th Oct at 6.00pm GMT

Tier 4-5 but you're welcome to play a pre-gen for credit to apply to one of your characters when they reach fourth level (if you don't already have one that is). OR if you have a character that has not played ANY games then you can immediately place that chronicles credit (only 500 gold though) on that character.

Hope you can play - more the merrier :)

Bloodlust
October 19th, 2012, 04:39
Skellan, with myself and Dave moving to the Friday session, that will free up some spaces for other people who have registered in the tier 1-2 game. Looks like this will be good and loads of people will be able to play this weekend. Hooray for Skellan haha :)

avro5731
October 19th, 2012, 17:25
50/50 chance I can make it - what class do you need?

lvl 6 too big for 4-5?

Blackfoot
October 19th, 2012, 17:39
This is all well and good... but are there enough characters for the Sunday game now?

The game where people actually are playing their own characters?

I don't see where several of the players who signed up on the calendar have posted anything to the board yet.

It is looking to me like the tier 1-2 game is going to get cancelled because some of the players are playing pregens in tier 4-5.

Skellan
October 19th, 2012, 18:31
I will be fine, I am sure the Sunday game will still go ahead :)

Bloodlust
October 19th, 2012, 18:48
50/50 chance I can make it - what class do you need?

lvl 6 too big for 4-5?

Level 6 can play in 4-5, especially if we have a level 3 in the mix :)

If not then maybe a healer?

avro5731
October 19th, 2012, 19:10
lvl6 Inq Marfu

Bloodlust
October 19th, 2012, 19:12
Come on in to teamspeak - the water's fine :)

avro5731
October 19th, 2012, 19:18
fighter lvl 3

Bloodlust
October 19th, 2012, 19:32
Here they are :)

Blackfoot
October 19th, 2012, 23:19
Level 6 cannot play in a Tier 1-5 game unfortunately.
Your character level must fall within the Tier of the game. The rules for subtiers are a bit different.

Bloodlust
October 19th, 2012, 23:30
Yup, we sorted that, he's playing his level 3 fighter instead.

Most awesome fighter ever!

Skellan
October 20th, 2012, 01:16
Thanks for playing tonight - it was good fun! I will post up the chronicle sheets shortly. I will post these after the Sunday game, if that's ok

The Sunday game is set to go ahead

We currently have the following people signed up:

Aniello
Syndrome
Blackfoot
RangerOps
deepdivinbloke
LegalBeagle

Please could you confirm that you are still going to attend this session and post your character and pfs number, XP, gold, fame & prestige if you have not already done so

cheers

Blackfoot
October 20th, 2012, 01:25
Grum will be there.

Skellan
October 20th, 2012, 23:05
I am just missing a character for Aniello now.

Triel has applied today. She is now on the reserve list.

mr lol
October 21st, 2012, 01:42
Hi, i would like to join too, if there is still room.

Boinus Lagmar.

Dwarf Fighter lvl 1
XP 1
PP 2
Fame 2
Gold 420
PFS # 65948-1

Skellan
October 21st, 2012, 03:53
Thanks.
There are people who have signed up but havent posted anything since. I will add you to the reserve list and you are welcome to come and see if someone doesnt show if you like :)

Bloodlust
October 21st, 2012, 04:14
Good luck with it guys :)

Blackfoot
October 21st, 2012, 04:30
Boinus ended up with 70.31gp after those additional purchases.

Skellan
October 21st, 2012, 09:40
Cool thanks
I have some ideas about how we can tidy up the way we update and monitor characters and chronicles, but I will save it for another post

mr lol
October 21st, 2012, 12:43
thanx Blackfoot.

here is an updated character and chronicle sheet for you Skellan.

Ironman
October 21st, 2012, 17:04
Is this game full?

Aniello
October 21st, 2012, 17:52
Here is the .xml file and .pdf output from Herolab for my monk Paraxus. Should I also create the character in Herolab? Going to try and use the Herolab -> FG converter.

RangerOps
October 21st, 2012, 18:05
updated this with my current info.

Aniello
October 21st, 2012, 18:39
Was having a fit with the Herolab -> Fantasy Grounds converter. Finally just had it output from the converter as .xml and imported into Fantasy Grounds and it worked. Only thing is, I think the first .xml file that I attached may be different from the new one that I am attaching as the first one was the direct Herolab .xml output. Don't know if having the converter saving it does anything differently. Try this one.

Aniello
October 21st, 2012, 18:59
OK, last time... For whatever reason, importing to FG did not take into account the Wis bonus for monks on CMD. I also built in a Flurry of Blows weapon in the combat tab. Sorry for all the different copies of this!

Blackfoot
October 22nd, 2012, 00:45
Thanks again for running.
Sorry about Slyp. :(

Skellan
October 22nd, 2012, 00:56
You are welcome. thanks for playing everyone

I am sorry about Slyp too. It really soured things. I am not sure I will run that scenario again.

Slyp- I would be happy to run some scenarios for you to boost you back up quick. If you let me know what time would be best for you, i will do my best to set something up. You can pick the scenario too, I'd even do a sanctioned module or some of the pfs scenarios come in 3 parts if you want :)

Have a look at the paizo site and see what you like

I will post chronicles tomorrow

Skellan
October 23rd, 2012, 04:30
Session 1 (tier 4-5) chronicle sheets are available here (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kd24kvyr5jg02ql/18NEYabxDg)

Manium - I had an over-zealous clear out of my inbox and lost your pfs number. Could you resend it please?

Bloodlust - I didn't sign off the clasp as it isn't a tool - sorry

If you could all confirm that your chronicles are in order, I will sign them

Thanks for playing :)

Session 2 people, I will upload your chronicles shortly

Skellan
October 23rd, 2012, 05:32
I have added your day job roll on there :)

For me, the tool should give a bonus to the job it is intended for, I am not convinced that masterwork tool should give bonuses to other skills. I am willing to stand corrected though, if you can show me something that says otherwise

Skellan
October 23rd, 2012, 05:33
Dante - could you send me your chronicle sheet for Blackfoot's game on Saturday please?

Manium
October 23rd, 2012, 05:51
PFS ID for my new lvl 1: # 58283-2

Skellan
October 23rd, 2012, 06:08
PFS ID for my new lvl 1: # 58283-2
Thanks Manium, I have signed off your chronicle

Bloodlust
October 23rd, 2012, 06:13
Thanks mate. You're a champ :) I hope you get to play in some yourself at some point.

Skellan
October 23rd, 2012, 06:21
hehe yeah - I am sure I will at some point. Kirsa is levelling up without getting her hands dirty :P . It will be a shock if they send her out of the office

Trenloe
October 23rd, 2012, 09:16
All posts relating to the masterwork tools discussion have been moved to a new thread:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17556

Skellan
October 23rd, 2012, 18:30
The chronicle sheets for Sunday (Session 2 Tier 1-2) are available to view here (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aeg7la1j16a1iyz/qS2RPHtGCx)
let me know if they are in order and I will sign them

I am missing day job rolls for people. I thought these were on notes but must have gone astray in the aftermath of player death. Sorry, if you have these let me know. Alternatively, I suppose we would need to reroll. The server is up as I am working on the next module if you want to do this

deepdivinbloke
October 23rd, 2012, 19:43
Hi there,

Unless I am being useless, I think the PDF for quick Ben is blank.

Also, I think my day job roll was 15.

Cheers for all your efforts

Manium
October 23rd, 2012, 20:55
BTW, how much gold should I get from the chronicle if my characters a lvl 1?

Trenloe
October 23rd, 2012, 21:17
I am missing day job rolls for people. I thought these were on notes but must have gone astray in the aftermath of player death. Sorry, if you have these let me know. Alternatively, I suppose we would need to reroll. The server is up as I am working on the next module if you want to do this
You can review the history of the chat window and should be able to see all rolls made - this is in the chatlog.html file in the <FG app data>\campaigns\<your campaign name> folder on the GM side.

Skellan
October 23rd, 2012, 21:28
Thanks Trenloe.
I just had a snooze and this was the first thing I thought of when I woke up. Hope we aren't developing some sort of psychic link :P

Skellan
October 23rd, 2012, 21:30
BTW, how much gold should I get from the chronicle if my characters a lvl 1?
Did you want to apply this straight to your level 1? In this case you would just get 500 gp for it

Alternatively, you could wait till level 4 and apply everything. If it was for me, I would wait, but its up to you :)

Skellan
October 23rd, 2012, 21:41
Hi there,

Unless I am being useless, I think the PDF for quick Ben is blank.

Also, I think my day job roll was 15.

Cheers for all your efforts

It wasn't blank but it had open fields on it. Dunno if this is a mac thing?

Your memory is spot on, I'd give you a cookie or something if I could hehe.
I have updated your character and signed the pdf. Try viewing it now,it may like it better now it is locked

Skellan
October 23rd, 2012, 21:44
Grum, you are signed and sealed :)

DAWPage
October 23rd, 2012, 21:52
Session 1 (tier 4-5) chronicle sheets are available here (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kd24kvyr5jg02ql/18NEYabxDg)

Manium - I had an over-zealous clear out of my inbox and lost your pfs number. Could you resend it please?

Bloodlust - I didn't sign off the clasp as it isn't a tool - sorry

If you could all confirm that your chronicles are in order, I will sign them

Thanks for playing :)

Session 2 people, I will upload your chronicles shortly

Sheet is good if you could sign it, thanks.

Dave - Braken

Syndrome
October 23rd, 2012, 21:52
i dont need to buy anything so you can sign off on mine everything looks good thanks

Skellan
October 23rd, 2012, 22:05
i dont need to buy anything so you can sign off on mine everything looks good thanks
Actually, I think your starting gold was wrong? I think the total in the notes of the previous chronicle misses your purchases? I have adjusted this accordingly

You are signed and dusted :)

Skellan
October 23rd, 2012, 22:11
Sheet is good if you could sign it, thanks.

Dave - Braken

All done!
Thanks for playing

deepdivinbloke
October 23rd, 2012, 22:33
Cheers - think it may have been an issue with my iPad. Anyway, sorted now.

I would like to buy the wand of Mage armor please, then it is cool. I will discuss the mechanics of the wand next time we play.

Ta again

Skellan
October 23rd, 2012, 22:39
I would like to buy the wand of Mage armor please

You are the proud owner of a shiny wand of mage armour

Bloodlust
October 24th, 2012, 02:13
Skellan - your mailbox is full and my private message (below) won't go through until you clear some room :)

Sorry, there is a mistake on the chronicle sheet.

When selling the composite bow (100gp value) I recorded the sale price as 50gp (50%), but then that's been halved again down to 25gp on the chronicle sheet.

Also, if you don't mind, the silver blanch has been used (I have recorded 20 silver (blanched) arrows on my character sheet) so could this be recorded under the "Items sold/conditions gained" area? Thanks :)

Good thing about blanch is that it stays on until it is used :) Not so cool for individual melee weapons but great for arrows. Tempted to grab some adamantium blanch.

Manium
October 24th, 2012, 02:35
Thanks for everything, Skellan.

If the only thing that gets affected by applying the chronicle sheet to a LVL.1 character then I'll take the 500 gold.

If there's more at risk then I'll just hold off until LVL.4 and apply it then.

Either way, chronicle looks good and you can sign me off :]

Bloodlust
October 24th, 2012, 02:42
Honestly dude I'd wait and apply it to your level 3 leric when he levels up next (Hope he's playing in the game on Sunday night).

The gold for this scenario is great for tier 4-5! I've seen as low as just over 1000 gold on similar chronicle sheets for the same tier. This one was, pardon the pun, a gold mine :)

Skellan
October 24th, 2012, 16:19
Its up to you but I would wait till 4th too - In fact I have for one of my characters

Manium
October 24th, 2012, 16:48
Alright, thanks for the input guys
I'll leave it as subtier 4-5 gold and wait until one of my characters dings 4.

Blackfoot
October 26th, 2012, 03:32
Skellan, the chronicles for this game don't actually list the name of the scenario when printed.
Instead of putting it in as:
'Pathfinder Society Scenario #3–18:
The God’s Market Gamble'
It will probably work better as:
'Pathfinder Society Scenario
#3–18: The God’s Market Gamble'
That should allow both lines to display... alternatively, I think you can lose the first line altogether, as that information is already included in the chronicle sheet header.

Skellan
October 26th, 2012, 08:26
Good point, I will update them

Skellan
October 26th, 2012, 08:57
Actually, some of the fields shrink the text to fit the box. I will have a look at updating the pdf template to do this in future

DeathOmen
October 27th, 2012, 21:24
hey i am new to fg and am looking for a pathfinder game but i do not have any licenses and am in the us central tz but am willing to play whatever hours fri- sun

Blackfoot
October 27th, 2012, 23:07
hey i am new to fg and am looking for a pathfinder game but i do not have any licenses and am in the us central tz but am willing to play whatever hours fri- sun
Look for GMs who mention they have an ultimate license (it is often listed in their signature when they post). Subscribe to the Game Announcements thread... all PFS GMs will announce new games there and you'll receive notifications if you have your email options set up accordingly.

Trenloe
October 27th, 2012, 23:18
Hey DeathOmen, welcome to Fantasy Grounds.

You have posted in a Pathfinder Society (PFS) organized play forum - so I'm assuming you're interested in one-shot PFS games. IF so, please read this thread here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=135290

It is up to you to keep an eye out for game announcements (as detailed in the thread linked above). EDIT: Blackfoot has also mentioned where to look for announcements - thanks BF! :)

Also, please only post in relevant threads - this will give you the best chance of people seeing your post and responding. The thread you have posted in here is specific to a PFS game that ran a week ago, so there is a good chance that a lot of people won't look at your post. Don't be afraid to start a new thread if you have questions!