PDA

View Full Version : Update Questions

Bidmaron
October 14th, 2012, 13:30
I have been away from FG2 for a while due to an insane job, but things are calming down now. I read the updates in the Laboratory, and I can't find anything that leads me to believe my most wanted development features have been corrected, but I'll ask anyway:
1) Can you finally output something from FG2 to a file? (other than the module export)
2) Can you read something from a file?
3) Is there a time-based event? (this one is on the wish list, but I was hoping it may have been added)

I'd just like to make sure before I post to the wishlist.

Moon Wizard
October 14th, 2012, 19:19
I added a DB.import and DB.export script function to the FG library which allows XML data to be imported and exported from FG (in the exact same format and layout as the db.xml file). This is used for the importchar and exportchar slash commands, as well as the import and export buttons. (3.5E and 4E rulesets show the implementation)

I looked at doing XSL transformation also, but the XML library we are using does not support; so, it would require moving to a new XML library.

No time based event yet.

Definitely add to the wish list.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
October 14th, 2012, 22:58
3) Is there a time-based event? (this one is on the wish list, but I was hoping it may have been added)
Ikael created a CampaignCalendar extension (before a calendar was integrated into the 3.5E/4E rulesets with V2.9) that has the ability to assign time based events. Check it out here (post #46 gives the most details): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9942

Bidmaron
October 14th, 2012, 23:45
Well, that is based upon a game calendar where you manually control the date/time. I'm talking about real-time events (e.g. in 3 min, popup this window or in 2 min, advance to the next actor on the combat tracker).

Bidmaron
October 14th, 2012, 23:47
I added a DB.import and DB.export script function to the FG library which allows XML data to be imported and exported from FG (in the exact same format and layout as the db.xml file). This is used for the importchar and exportchar slash commands, as well as the import and export buttons. (3.5E and 4E rulesets show the implementation)

I looked at doing XSL transformation also, but the XML library we are using does not support; so, it would require moving to a new XML library.

No time based event yet.

Definitely add to the wish list.

Regards,
JPG
MW, you folks are the best. Don't know how I missed those in reviewing the update threads. Thanks for doing this, MW.