PDA

View Full Version : PFS player arranged sessions

Skellan
October 14th, 2012, 07:19
I wonder if arranging sessions the other way round would work? i.e a group of friends who want to play together could contact me about running something for them and I will see if I am available. This would be easier for scenatios I already have built.
I would say it should be a group of at least 4 to fill the minimum party size.
I don't know if this would work but thought I would put it out there as an option

deepdivinbloke
October 14th, 2012, 08:44
Sounds good to me, and thanks again for last night mate.

Next week working all week, but then a week off, so should be free.

Manium
October 14th, 2012, 08:53
I think GM -> Player works better.
If a group of four people decide that Saturday 6PM - 12AM Sunday is a good time to play, they take that time and bring it over to a potential GM. But the GM says he's busy during that time-slot, so the player-representative has to go back and refer to his players individually to find another time that fits the GM's schedule.

Unless, the players have 1-2 back-up time-slots already arranged in-case the GM is busy on the first.

It still just seems like too much unneeded work,
but I'm inherently lazy that way :P

Interesting idea though!
It would probably work for when Fantasy Ground has a much, much larger memberbase.

Skellan
October 14th, 2012, 09:00
Yeah, you are right gm to player does work better. i doubt there are groups of four out there, but the option is there if they want to ask me. Think it is part me being lazy as it would be less work for the gm if the players organised themselves hehe :p

Trenloe
October 14th, 2012, 09:38
To be honest, a lack of players is not a problem we have with the PFS Fantasy Grounds community - it is a lack of GMs... Skellen's been doing a great job recently and taking a lot of the load of running games. Thanks Skellen.

I know the GM already has lots to do for a PFS game (before and after) so anything that makes their organisation of the game easier would be great. I think, just like arranging most things in life, the more notice you give people the better chance the GM has of filling slots in their game without too many requests to move the game +/- an hour or so, etc.. In my experience, games fill up pretty quickly when they are announced with 5+ days notice, less notice and there is a greater chance of people having made arrangements for the preferred time slot already.

In the end, it's completely up to the GM how they organise their games and if a group of players get together and ask a GM to run a game for them then cool... But, I haven't seen that too often within this community - and I would guess it would be even less likely for a PFS one shot...

Skellan
October 14th, 2012, 10:02
Yeah, to be honest, i have suggested this for other games i gm for and no one has taken me up on it yet hehe. Think i am just saying that if any anyone wants to ask me to gm for them they can :)

Arranging games isnt bad really as there are so many players interested. I agree that more notice is needed for higher tier games as the player base is much smaller. I have only tested the water with this really, seeing if we can get enough to run a higher session from the players that already applied.

i think i will post a game for tier 3-7 and give it a couple of weeks notice. If it doesnt fill it doesnt matter.