PDA

View Full Version : Updating the BRP ruleset - gathering the wish list

phantomwhale
October 12th, 2012, 15:22
Now that I have more time available and having picked up a great deal of experience with Fantasy Grounds through updating and maintaining the Savage Worlds ruleset, I have been looking at updating the other ruleset that's close to my heart - BRP.

It seems that there might be an opportunity for me to take this on later in the year, so initially I wanted to gather a "wish list" of things that need to be attended to. Note that the scope of this would be to bring in as much of the newer 4E functionality into the existing ruleset as possible, as well as fix any issues / bugs / annoyances that exist in the current ruleset.

So if you would be so kind as to reply to this post with what features it is that you would be interested in for an updated BRP ruleset, I'd be keen to gather them together and propose a scope of work to bring the ruleset into line with 4E / SWEX in terms of functionality.

Feel free to link out to other threads on the forum that contain bugs / notes / workarounds too - I've not been following this part of the forum too heavily this last year or so, and so would not have seen a good number of the posts that might refer to these.

Finally, for those who play SWEX / DLR, don't worry - there are still updates for those ticking along too !

wbcreighton
October 12th, 2012, 18:28
Excellent. That is most promising indeed. :)

borusa32
October 13th, 2012, 09:58
That is great stuff-I will try to come up with some thoughts

kairos
October 13th, 2012, 22:56
Not sure I have much of a wishlist beyond seeing the 4E functionality added. I'd love to see the ability to customize it be retained, though. I think it's a key feature of the ruleset.

Draeus
October 15th, 2012, 10:09
I believe there is a bug with the notes on the character sheet. The factor needs to be increased.

Had my players mentioning that some notes in the notes section of the right hand side of the screen, seem to disappear. Only just started doing that though. Will check my Monday group see if they have the same issue.

Most of all I would love to be able to use the multi layered images from enhanced images, in brp. Also the calendar and party sheet.

Is it possible to add fatigue to the combat tracker?

Also one last thing we have noticed. Is that you cannot roll against your current sanity score by double cluck or drag and drop. This is only a minor inconvenience.

Hope this gives you something to get stuck into and I look forward to seeing the update. :)