PDA

View Full Version : How many people have the "Ultimate License"?

JinseiNGC224
October 11th, 2012, 15:12
I've been considering the Ultimate License, but is this used by many people? I don't see any downside to it, other than it's over $100. But I was just curious as to how many people actually do have this license, and if they've used it well.

-Jesse

Blahness98
October 11th, 2012, 15:28
I have this license, and I was planning on running a bunch of PFS scenarios at one point with it and running a cyberpunk game with family from Seattle. Time just keeps getting in the way.

Aside from the one game running now, I haven't used it all that much.

unerwünscht
October 11th, 2012, 16:10
Well, as of the 2011 report found here https://www.smiteworks.com/press/AnnualReport2011.htm
557 people had purchased the Ultimate License. One can only assume that number has gone up some.

Griogre
October 11th, 2012, 19:19
The only real downside I'm aware of is if Smitework's server is ever down you can't run. The Full Version doesn't have that behaviour, players can't connect with the alias, but can still connect with the server IP address.

Trenloe
October 11th, 2012, 20:16
Yeah, I have it and I use it all the time to host games for people who don't have a lite licence or above.

Doswelk
October 11th, 2012, 21:48
I use mine to run open games, well I did until I got my new job, hmm must sort that out...

Skellan
October 11th, 2012, 23:05
I have used mine lots for warhammer and pathfinder

JohnD
October 11th, 2012, 23:37
So the "up" side is anyone can play if you have an Ultimate license.

The "down" side is also that anyone can play.

damned
October 12th, 2012, 00:35
Most of my players dont have licenses - so its been good for me.

damned
October 12th, 2012, 00:36
Oh - the downside is - if one of your players wants to DM a game they cant. That is where a bundle of 2 or 3 Fulls and a bunch of Lites is better.

ddavison
October 12th, 2012, 02:07
It seems to be pretty popular as an option. There are 795 Ultimate license holders out of roughly 24K licenses. A lot of the other licenses were from before the Ultimate was an option.

DrakosDJ
October 12th, 2012, 07:10
I have the Ulitimate licence.

Yospeck
October 13th, 2012, 00:14
Oh - the downside is - if one of your players wants to DM a game they cant. That is where a bundle of 2 or 3 Fulls and a bunch of Lites is better.

Pretty sure if you gave them your license key you could.

Anyway, from my guild five us all chipped in to purchase the Ultimate License with me as the guilds main GM, we have our core group but sometimes other people like to drop in and out for one offs and stuff for guest appearances; so it's really been a benefit to us.

In theory I'd like to host a second game at some point, but running one is time consuming enough right now :)

damned
October 13th, 2012, 12:56
Pretty sure if you gave them your license key you could.

while doug has suggested that he doesnt *mind* if you install on 2 computers - one for developing and one for playing - i am sure i have read that the license keys are not transferable - even lites.

GunnarGreybeard
October 17th, 2012, 01:17
I have the Ultimate license as well but real life and my current work schedule prevent me from running or participating in any games. :mad:

bislab
October 17th, 2012, 07:20
Another Ultimate License holder here. I've just recently started getting some true mileage out of it with a Deadlands: Reloaded game and a Warhammer 3rd ed. game. Still some sticky points, but for the most part it is working pretty good.