PDA

View Full Version : AD&D New Campaign

damned
October 9th, 2012, 07:25
AD&D Game about to begin - looking for 4-6 players. Will be voting on whether to run a low level (starting at Lvl1/2) or a mid level (starting at Lvl5/6) campaign. Im based in Australia so the time difference will make it hard for many of you.

I have an Ultimate License and the game will run every 2nd weekend (exact time and day to be confirmed). I am looking for players who can and will make all or most sessions - and if you cant make it let me know as early as possible.

We will be using the TeamSpeak server.

Campaign Start/Synopsis
Option 1: Mid level Campaign for 4-6 Characters of Levels 5-6 and should see the characters increase up to 5 levels.
The party has entered the Elsir Vale, a thinly populated frontier region where they soon realise that a massive hobgoblin horde, fanatically devoted to the dark goddess Tiamat and led by the charismatic half-dragon warlord Azarr Kul is about to descend on the valley killing everyone and everything. To stop the horde, the players have to muster the inhabitants of the Vale, battle hobgoblins, giants, and dragons, and defeat an overwhelming enemy.

Option 2: Low level Campaign for 4-6 Characters of Levels 1-2 and should see the characters increase up to 5 levels.
Goblin bandits are once again attacking the silver caravans of Silverton, killing innocent miners and stealing cargo. The goblins have taken up residence in an abandoned mine northwest of Silverton. Someone must get rid of them. But this is no ordinary abandoned mine. It was deliberately barricaded generations ago when the Gannu family, founders of Silverton, discovered an unspeakable evil on its lowest levels. And these are no ordinary goblins, for the curse of the Gannu family courses through their veins

Times of Play
Option 1: Friday Night 830pm or 930pm or 10pm (Sydney is currently UTC+11)
Option 2: Friday Night 830pm or 930pm or 10pm (Sydney is currently UTC+11)
Option 3: Friday Night 830pm (Sydney is currently UTC+11)

These times suck for most people outside of AUS but that is the way it is…

Im looking at the first session being the weekend after this one – eg: 19/20/21 October

Niven81
October 9th, 2012, 22:11
How long per session?

damned
October 9th, 2012, 22:27
between 3 and 4 hours. in 18months or so we have gone over 4 hours one time and under 3 hours one time. once we get to 3hours i start looking for a suitable point to pause the preceedings... 3.5hrs is a nice fit i think. often the first 15mins is general chat and catchup but at the end of the game we tend to wrap up quite quickly.

Layander
October 10th, 2012, 13:11
I dont get off work until 11 pm in your time zone.

damned
October 10th, 2012, 14:28
hi layander - even if we end up at the later time slot of 10pm i think the session would still be half way over by the time you got connected. sadly the AUS timezone doesnt play nocely with too many other timezones...

Gotok
October 11th, 2012, 02:30
I'm totally down! Personally I'd love to start off at lvl 1 with a group of peeps and work our way through stuff (I feel starting fresh with a group is the best way to learn about everyone). You can count me in, I'm down for whatever time on Fridays as it's the only day I don't have class.

But I am in the US (Florida to be exact) so my time zone will be different, though I can easily work around that!

Just let me know!

damned
October 11th, 2012, 04:29
Hi Gotok - the time has been narrowed down now to: 830pm Saturdays UTC+11.
Im not sure where you are located - Im in AUS so please check timezones and let me know how that looks - if you are in the US it will be very early Saturday morning.

damned
October 11th, 2012, 04:30
Ok Guys - 1st up an apology - I have to move the official start date back one week. This is due to me not being available on the 3rd November so rather than having one session and then a month till the next one I am swapping to the alternate week if that makes sense. And I have settled on 830pm as the start time.

The dates will be:
27 Oct 830pm (AEST UTC+11)
10 Nov 830pm (AEST UTC+11)
24 Nov 830pm (AEST UTC+11)
8 Dec 830pm (AEST UTC+11)
22 Dec 830pm (AEST UTC+11)

As for next week - I am happy to run a shorter session on the initial date 20 Oct where for those who are available we can do the following:

1. Get connected on TeamSpeak server
2. Get Fantasy Grounds Installed and connected to my server
3. Roll up your characters
4. Give you a brief tour of Fantasy Grounds including a short combat session so you know what you are doing

The majority have voted for the low level campaign so that is what we will be running.

There are no healing surges in AD&D / C&C so a well balanced party is essential.
We will need at least one of each of the following groups:
Combat: Fighter, Ranger, Barbarian, Knight
Magic: Wizard, Illusionist
Healing: Cleric, Druid (to a lesser degree)
So long as we get one of each of these groups we can then pick up any of the other classes:
Others: Rogue, Assassin, Monk, Paladin (can be a tricky chacter maybe best avoided...?), Bard

damned
October 12th, 2012, 01:01
Hi Gotok and XtremeTko - please firm up your intrerest for me as we are approaching 6 players now. Please click on the following link so you understand what the Time will be in your TZ - it will be early! For the last 18months I have had 2 US players in the group but they wont be joining the new campaign.
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=AD%26D+-+The+Rat+King&iso=20121027T2030&p1=240&ah=3&am=30

Send me an email to [email protected] as well so I have your details.

JohnD
October 12th, 2012, 01:08
Damn... a game starting at 0430 my time... and it sounds so tempting.

damned
October 12th, 2012, 01:09
You would be very welcome... Im sure your wife would approve too!

JohnD
October 12th, 2012, 02:22
There's very little I do that my wife approves of unfortunately. I must be very frustrating to be around. :)

damned
October 12th, 2012, 04:06
soooo.... are you going to get yourself outta bed at 430am to play?

damned
October 12th, 2012, 08:07
Ok so far it looks like we have the following players:

George
Colin
David
Shaun
Travis

And a couple who are close:
Wright
David

And another who *might*
John

SilverEagle82
October 15th, 2012, 21:36
i would like to play but not sure what time it will be for me in the PST

never mind its 3am my time for me

damned
October 15th, 2012, 22:11
i would like to play but not sure what time it will be for me in the PST

never mind its 3am my time for me

Sounds perfect for you then!
:)

Gold
July 24th, 2013, 00:02
How has your game been going?

The system and setup sounds so cool. The time zone would be hard for me but I will take a hard look if there is a slot open now. Because I am looking for some AD&D games to try on FG.

damned
July 24th, 2013, 08:13
There is room for another if you are interested.
Time will be EARLY for you.
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Silverton&iso=20130804T2030&p1=240&ah=4
We play every 2nd week.

shinoco
July 24th, 2013, 18:06
edit