PDA

View Full Version : Importing a Hero Designer 6 Character

Dayson
October 8th, 2012, 19:08
How does one import a character sheet made with Hero Designer 6 into Fantasy Grounds II? I believe they have the .hdc file extension.

Moon Wizard
October 8th, 2012, 19:35
I don't believe anyone has built a HERO system ruleset for Fantasy Grounds at this time. If you want to play a game without an official ruleset (i.e. just using the basic tabletop components), you can grab the Generic ruleset from the FG wiki (https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/Main_Page).

Also, you can add a request to our wish list in my sig, if you would like to see it added to our product. New rulesets for Fantasy Grounds are primarily driven by community interest. If we have someone who is interested in building a ruleset, we can contact the publisher to arrange to do an official project, or the developer can build it as a community project (as long as no book artwork or content is used) to be published on the wiki.

Currently, the Character Converter utility that is included with Fantasy Grounds will convert characters from Hero Lab and PCGen for 3.5E, PFRPG and 4E game systems. Some additional import options for the converter are on the wish list for Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu and Mutants and Masterminds.

Since Hero Designer is only for the Hero system, I would expect that an import of the Hero Designer files would not be reasonable until a Hero system ruleset was in place.

Regards,
JPG

Dayson
October 8th, 2012, 19:45
I don't believe anyone has built a HERO system ruleset for Fantasy Grounds at this time. If you want to play a game without an official ruleset (i.e. just using the basic tabletop components), you can grab the Generic ruleset from the FG wiki (https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/Main_Page).

Also, you can add a request to our wish list in my sig, if you would like to see it added to our product. New rulesets for Fantasy Grounds are primarily driven by community interest. If we have someone who is interested in building a ruleset, we can contact the publisher to arrange to do an official project, or the developer can build it as a community project (as long as no book artwork or content is used) to be published on the wiki.

Currently, the Character Converter utility that is included with Fantasy Grounds will convert characters from Hero Lab and PCGen for 3.5E, PFRPG and 4E game systems. Some additional import options for the converter are on the wish list for Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu and Mutants and Masterminds.

Since Hero Designer is only for the Hero system, I would expect that an import of the Hero Designer files would not be reasonable until a Hero system ruleset was in place.

Regards,
JPG
Thank you for responding. I added my request to your wish list.