PDA

View Full Version : Poisons

Willot
October 6th, 2012, 09:25
There really isnt an easy way to handle pathfinder poison effects in FGII is there? You just have to do it manually dont you? Unless someone has worked out a way?

Blahness98
October 6th, 2012, 16:06
Could you possibly set up an effect that does whatever the poison would happen to do? Granted, I haven't played with the effects as much as I'd like to, but, it could be done.

Trenloe
October 6th, 2012, 16:08
In terms of making a save at fixed intervals and random ability damage being applied? Basically, no - there is not a way to do this automatically. An "easy" way to do it? Not sure if it is easy - but put an effect name on the poisoned PC so you are reminded every round that the effect is there, then handle the saves and ability damage manually.

Trenloe
October 6th, 2012, 16:14
Could you possibly set up an effect that does whatever the poison would happen to do? Granted, I haven't played with the effects as much as I'd like to, but, it could be done.
You can't do random ability damage with an effect. The majority of poisons are a random (1d2, 1d3, 1d4, etc.) amount each failed save, so this can't be catered for in an effect. Also, effects are "one shot" modifiers - they don't add on each round. You could manually add "CON:-1; CON-3; CON-2" for 3 consecutive failed saves with CON damage (for example) but this would be manual. It's just as easy for the player to track the damage on their character sheet so that they don't disappear if effects are cleared from the combat tracker.