PDA

View Full Version : Unregistered player looking for small encounter/ pick-up game

Citiral
October 5th, 2012, 21:21
Hi,

I've always wanted to play D&D, but no one near me plays it, and now I found this program, and I think it's the perfect opportunity to finally get to play some D&D.

I'm currently unregisted, and i'm looking for a small encounter / pick-up game to see if this is worth buying.

Oh, one more thing, I don't know much about the rulesets, so don't shoot me if I ask too many questions! :)

unerwünscht
October 5th, 2012, 21:36
Well, we need a little more information from you.
First is when is a good time for you?
Also have you looked at the D&D rules at all? Do you know what version of D&D you are wanting to try?

Citiral
October 5th, 2012, 21:45
I live in GMT+2, and i'm practically always available after 5-6 PM.

I've never been able to play any pen and paper RPG's, although i've always wanted to do so. I'm more than willing to learn the rules and I love to RP.

Skellan
October 6th, 2012, 03:10
I'll be running some pathfinder scenarios, you'd be welcome to join

Severin
October 6th, 2012, 04:06
i just downloaded the application tonight as well. As it was suggested in the post for noobs, I'd like to try a demo campaign as well. I'm in EDT (-4 GMT) but i stay up really really late so i'd be down for whatever. I would like to play 4e but 3.5 or pathfinder would be fine as well.

Citiral
October 6th, 2012, 12:41
Thanks Skellan, I applied to join in your game.

Skellan
October 6th, 2012, 18:04
I think that session is full now, sorry, but keep an eye out for more scenarios soon

Trenloe
October 6th, 2012, 22:20
FYI - Skellan's game his is running is a one-shot Pathfinder Society organized play game. This is where you play different one-shot games run (usually) by different GMs, receive a 1 page sheet (known as a "chronicle sheet") for the character you played with details of the adventure (experience gained, gold gained, items bought/sold) so you keep track of how your character progresses within the organized play campaign.

It takes a bit of admin from the player's side but is a good way to play Pathfinder one-shot games and build up your own character/s over time.

If you're interested, please read more about it here: https://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety There's a free guide to organized play linked under the "Player Resources" section.

Also, check the "Pathfinder Society" section of the FG forums: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71 for game announcements and further info. If you have any questions specific to Pathfinder Society please post in that forum.

Oh, and welcome to the Fantasy Grounds community! :)