PDA

View Full Version : Boot Hill third edition

daddystabz
October 4th, 2012, 04:47
Would anyone please look into making a ruleset for Boot Hill third edition? It is long out of print and I don't think you would run into any legal issues. It is still a great game and I'd love to be able to play it on here.

dr_venture
October 4th, 2012, 18:11
I would have gone with BH3 if I could have with my game, but without a ruleset, I figured I could spend forever making a ruleset that hardly anyone would play, or spend my time on just modding an existing game system with a FG ruleset and get to playing faster. I chose the latter since I enjoy C&C already, it's very easy to cover any skill/task with a rules-lite way of handling it, and I had a lot of source material to work with, in the form of Sidewinder: Recoiled and Go Fer Yer Gun!.

daddystabz
October 5th, 2012, 04:20
I'd be willing to play in your game if you use Go Fer Yer Gun! That is one of the better western games.

dr_venture
October 5th, 2012, 05:08
That sounds promising, as GFYG! is basically the old west version of Castles & Crusades. We're basically playing that, but with some ideas, classes, and abilities transferred from the Sidewinder game mechanics into the GFYG! mechanics. I would imagine that if you like GFYG!, then you'd like my game rules.

I sent one "daddystabz" an invitation to the campaign on Obsidian Portal - I'm gambling that's you. If you want to check out the campaign, accept it and take a look around. The classes (mostly) and character generation rules are laid out pretty well. I'm using the Knuckleduster weapons system, and Rolemaster criticals (which works surprisingly well). Feel free to swing by tomorrow night if you have some time. We play with Hamachi - free download, and complete instructions available on the OP web site.