PDA

View Full Version : First Steps: Part 2, To Delve the Dungeon Deep

Blackfoot
October 2nd, 2012, 05:43
I'll be running this one on Friday at 5pm EDT.
(hopefully I did my GMT math right on the calendar)

Please post here and Join the Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=901).

A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for 1st level characters.

In your first mission as a Pathfinder agent, the head of the Grand Lodge sends you on a number of missions throughout the metropolis of Absalom, pitting you against traps,thieves, and even an unruly devil, all in the pursuit of knowledge.

Written by Adam Daigle.

Blackfoot
October 2nd, 2012, 05:48
This will hopefully give some of you a chance to level up before Gwaihir Scout's game on Saturday.

Skellan
October 2nd, 2012, 08:34
Great, i am up for this

Blackfoot
October 2nd, 2012, 19:05
BTW... if the consensus of folks would prefer to run one of the other First Steps... I can run any of them .. I'm not attached to running this one.
I don't want to block anyone out because they've already played this one.

Blackfoot
October 3rd, 2012, 22:07
I need to see some characters folks. Ideally 24 hours before gametime.

Skellan
October 4th, 2012, 02:13
Here you go

PFS: 62703 - 1
Fame: 4
Prestige: 4
XP: 2
Gold: 813.03
Faction: Silver Crusade
[email protected]

RangerOps
October 4th, 2012, 04:03
I dont know how to post the character here. Only place I can see it is on the server I made it on (Skellen's)

Skellan
October 4th, 2012, 04:21
Here is RangerOps' character

PFS 65186-1
PP 2
Fame 2
GP 543.38
XP 1

RangerOps
October 4th, 2012, 04:45
Thank you Skellen

Blackfoot
October 4th, 2012, 16:14
The FG server alias is: tiny fang huge ogre
We'll be using the community Teamspeak server for voice for this game... for anyone who hasn't used it... the server is fgts.servegame.com..
(I probably should put that in my signature or something.. I'm getting tired of looking it up.)

I'm still looking for 2 character files... if you have an issue producing the file, please let me know ASAP. I can put the server up this afternoon if someone needs to connect for character creation... or late tonight.. but I have a game until 11pm EDT... it'd have to be after that or before 7.

RangerOps
October 4th, 2012, 17:32
I will be going onto your server (or Skellens) and helping my wife (Riade) build her character there if that works for you? Will remain on the server and have the teamspeak up and running. If we can do it on your server that would probably do well but if timing works and Skellen can assist us in exporting it to your server it will be a brand new character. Not trying to obligate him but he was very helpful. I went thru the steps it explains to export a character and with the free version of the program those steps dont work. Even watched the youtube video on it ...not functional option for the free version.

My phone is set to recieve updates from this posting site so i'll be tracking updates.

Thank you

V/r ...

RangerOps

RangerOps
October 4th, 2012, 17:39
Also would love to run the other level 1's with someone in this chain. Was talking to skellen about it and seems you posted the next day. I think it would be a great way for us to learn more and for the DM to dial in skills with players under them.

Look forward to doing these level 1 modules!!

Blackfoot
October 4th, 2012, 17:51
I'm happy to run them... I usually run something once a month or so... sometimes more as needed and available. I think there are a few peeps that need to do these still... I'm hoping to increase the pool of higher level players so we can run some of the higher tier games.

Blackfoot
October 4th, 2012, 17:54
I will be going onto your server (or Skellens) and helping my wife (Riade) build her character there if that works for you? Will remain on the server and have the teamspeak up and running. If we can do it on your server that would probably do well but if timing works and Skellen can assist us in exporting it to your server it will be a brand new character.I don't seem to have your wife signed up for this game.. was she planning on playing?

Blackfoot
October 4th, 2012, 19:10
I will be going onto your server (or Skellens) and helping my wife (Riade) build her character there if that works for you? Will remain on the server and have the teamspeak up and running. If we can do it on your server that would probably do well but if timing works and Skellen can assist us in exporting it to your server it will be a brand new character. Not trying to obligate him but he was very helpful. I went thru the steps it explains to export a character and with the free version of the program those steps dont work. Even watched the youtube video on it ...not functional option for the free version.

My phone is set to recieve updates from this posting site so i'll be tracking updates.

Thank you

V/r ...

RangerOpsWait.. free version. Right. Unfortunately, I do not run an Ultimate version of FG so users without 'Lite' Licenses or better will be unable to play in this game.
The good news is that I believe character export will be functional in manage characters for ALL licenses in the next update.

Blackfoot
October 4th, 2012, 19:37
Here is RangerOps' character

PFS 65186-1
PP 2
Fame 2
GP 543.38
XP 1
I notice that Slyp has 2 faction(campaign) traits. This is a no-no. You can only have 1 trait of each type.

Blackfoot
October 4th, 2012, 20:55
My server is up if someone would like to generate their character.

RangerOps
October 5th, 2012, 00:02
Bouth a license for us both. Unasure how to see what you are talking about but will see what I can do to get onto your server once your server info is posted.

Blackfoot
October 5th, 2012, 00:02
I will be taking down my server until I'm finished with my game tonight... sometime after 11pm EDT.... unless you can get on in the next 10 minutes or so.

Blackfoot
October 5th, 2012, 00:04
Posted the server address earlier.
tiny fang huge ogre
it is also available on the calendar.

DAWPage
October 5th, 2012, 02:01
Pfs:56205-3
Xp:1
Gp:267
PP:2

Blackfoot
October 5th, 2012, 06:04
Thanks.
Still missing one character.

RangerOps
October 5th, 2012, 14:07
Thank you again for the help with developing Triel the shapeshifter. Nervously excited for the adventure tonight. :D

Blackfoot
October 5th, 2012, 14:29
We now have 6 signed up for this game although I only have 4 character files.
Please be online at least 15 minutes before the game to do sound and connection checks.

I need those 2 remaining files ASAP! I can run with 4 if those 2 guys flake so we should be good to go regardless. The game will start on time... do not be late.

Blackfoot
October 5th, 2012, 14:32
Thank you again for the help with developing Triel the shapeshifter. Nervously excited for the adventure tonight. :DWe neglected to put together a sheet for her companion. I need to know the race, 2 skills, and a feat to apply to the critter and I'll have a sheet pulled together before gametime.

Skellan
October 5th, 2012, 15:20
I'll be there :)
I think we may struggle for healing so we will need to be careful tonight

Viktor
October 5th, 2012, 15:28
hopefully i did this right...

Blackfoot
October 5th, 2012, 16:49
I'll be there :)
I think we may struggle for healing so we will need to be careful tonight
Excellent... I haven't had a party wipe in far too long.. muhahaha... :)

On the plus side for you.. downside for me... our invisible 6th character is a Druid... so she could take some healing magic to help in a pinch. ;)

Blackfoot
October 5th, 2012, 17:53
Pfs:56205-2
Xp:1
Gp:267
PP:2
I think this is the wrong PFS number.. it looks like 'Keese' is -3?

Blackfoot
October 5th, 2012, 18:04
hopefully i did this right...
Viktor, I need your character starting info.
PFS#:
Chronicle #:
XP:
Fame/PP:
GP:
Faction:

It 'looks' like you are brand new (0xp/pp) and have 33.4gp left... so that'd be Chronicle #1... but I still need Faction and PFS #
You 'can' report Faction as Grand Lodge, if you are not yet ready to make a decision on it. At the end of the First Steps, you will need make a decision and then all your PP will get applied to that faction.

Blackfoot
October 5th, 2012, 18:13
OK... we still haven't heard from vell so I'm going to assume he's not going to show... if anyone would like to have his spot... post to this thread along with a character.

Viktor
October 5th, 2012, 18:16
PFS#: 65655 - 1
Chronicle #: 1
XP:0
Fame/PP: 0/0
GP: 33
Faction: Grand Lodge

Blackfoot
October 5th, 2012, 18:17
Vik, thanks for the timely response.

Viktor
October 5th, 2012, 18:17
sure thing

Blackfoot
October 5th, 2012, 18:19
You want to go into your paizo account and add a character. Viktor isn't showing up as a character name yet.

Viktor
October 5th, 2012, 18:29
done. i think.

Blackfoot
October 5th, 2012, 18:30
done. i think.
Yep. You are all set. See you in a few hours.

vell0611
October 5th, 2012, 18:50
OK... we still haven't heard from vell so I'm going to assume he's not going to show... if anyone would like to have his spot... post to this thread along with a character.

Sorry for the delay. vell never flakes. ;)

If the spot has already been taken Im good, if not Ill be glad to join.

Haven't been using FG2 for awhile, so question: xml files you guys posted is something done with FG export or some other tool?

Blackfoot
October 5th, 2012, 18:54
Thanks for responding Vell.
You have held your spot.
You should be able to export a copy of your character from Manage Characters or from an open Pathfinder campaign session. If not.. I have the server up right now for another half hour or so.. you can log in and build your character on the server. I'll have the server up again in probably 1 to 1.5 hours otherwise.
If all else fails.. post up any sort of file containing the various picks for your character.

Also.. I need all the info I asked for from Viktor ..
PFS#:
Chronicle #:
XP:
Fame/PP:
GP:
Faction:

DAWPage
October 5th, 2012, 20:01
I think this is the wrong PFS number.. it looks like 'Keese' is -3?
Ack, sorry, you are right, I corrected the post

Blackfoot
October 5th, 2012, 20:27
The server is up.

Blackfoot
October 5th, 2012, 21:43
Vell.. I'm still looking for your character and you are just about out of time.

Blackfoot
October 6th, 2012, 04:33
Thanks for playing folks.

Skellan
October 6th, 2012, 14:10
Thanks for running this, it was fun

RangerOps
October 6th, 2012, 20:36
appreciate the time running it.