PDA

View Full Version : Thumbnail for Module

JohnD
October 1st, 2012, 00:35
I'm exporting a campaign to a module using /export.

I don't seem to be able to get FG to attach a thumbnail for the module file, so I assume I'm doing something incorrectly. In the path field for the thumbnail name I have the following:

C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\campaigns\modulethumbnailname

File size? File format? Path convention?

Any tips?

damned
October 1st, 2012, 05:08
i can never get this working either...

Griogre
October 1st, 2012, 05:12
It's a relative path from the FG data app folder and you need to put the extension on it. So if you have thumbnail in your campaigns folder it would be campaigns\modulethumbnailname.png

I think you can use jpgs too but I'm not sure. I use a standard set of icons for my modules and keep them in the icon folder so for me its icon\4ELow.png for 1st to 10th level modules. The relative path is case sensitive.

Trenloe
October 1st, 2012, 07:34
I never put the thumbnail in during the export as I usually end up exporting a number of times until I get it how I want it and entering the whole path and filename each time annoys me (and slows the export down). I manually add it to the .mod file afterwards - just add the graphics file in the PNG format with a filename of "thumbnail.png" (I haven't tried with a JPEG) to the .MOD file in the root directory of the .MOD file structure.

Griogre
October 1st, 2012, 18:01
LOL, yeah now you know why I have an icon directory. :) I got tired of typing out the path to the campaign directory. ;) :D