PDA

View Full Version : categoryselectionsettings.xml question

Emrak
September 30th, 2012, 23:37
Hey all,

So I'm steadily deconstructing the WHFRP v3 ruleset and am a bit confused by something. This line:

<includefile source="definitions/categoryselectionsettings.xml" />
refers to an XML file which sets the "graphical elements" for all categoryselectioncontrols. However, commenting it out seemingly does nothing in FG.

What specifically, within the FG UI, is that XML file doing? Or another way to ask it is, what exactly IS a "category selection control"?

Thank you :)

EDIT:
Just in case anyone was thinking "RTFM", I did. :-/ I have already checked out
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/categoryselectionsettings.xcp
and
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/categoryselectioncontrol.xcp

Which seem to imply that the categoryselectionsettings displays icons, graphics, tabs, etc. This doesn't seem to be the case though...

Griogre
October 1st, 2012, 06:15
All that include is doing is pulling what ever is in that XML file is into the ruleset. While with a name like that you might have a catagorlyselection control or element in that XML file, there is no requirement there be anything in any specific file - you can have anything in any XML file.

Go into the definitions directory and open and look at the categoryselectionsettings.xml file to see what it has inside it.

Emrak
October 1st, 2012, 16:56
My bad for not being clearer. My question is: what, in the FG GUI, does "categoryselectioncontrols" represent? Since categoryselectioncontrols and categoryselectionsettings are documented in the reference documentation, I assume they have some specific purpose...

The whfrp categoryselectionsettings.xml is below, but I'm beginning to think that it's just vestigial remains of a defunct feature as none of those icons appear in the GUI.

<categoryselectionsettings>
<iconposition normal="6,6" selected="6,4" />
<baseicon normal="tab_base1" selected="tab_base1s" />
<baseicon normal="tab_base2" selected="tab_base2s" />
<baseicon normal="tab_base3" selected="tab_base3s" />
<baseicon normal="tab_base4" selected="tab_base4s" />
<baseicon normal="tab_base5" selected="tab_base5s" />
<decalicon name="tab_icon1" />
<decalicon name="tab_icon2" />
<decalicon name="tab_icon3" />
<decalicon name="tab_icon4" />
<decalicon name="tab_icon5" />
<decalicon name="tab_icon6" />
<decalicon name="tab_icon7" />
<decalicon name="tab_icon8" />
</categoryselectionsettings>

Dakadin
October 1st, 2012, 20:10
It's the category selection graphics at the bottom of the campaign selection lists (like Story, NPC, Maps & Images, etc). If you right click on them you can cycle through the base icons and the decal icons. The picture has a blue arrow pointing to what I am talking about.

Emrak
October 1st, 2012, 22:40
Thank you. That's actually what I initially assumed they were but for the life of me I couldn't get them to go away when I commented out that portion of XML. I must've been goofing up somewhere. :o