PDA

View Full Version : New art pack coming to Fantasy Grounds

ddavison
September 29th, 2012, 22:47
As part of the core GM licenses (Full and Ultimate), we will soon be adding a whole host of built-in fantasy art graphics developed by the user Shockbolt. A few of these items (namely portraits) will also be available to Player Lite licenses and Unregistered licenses. We have to work out some details on how some of these will best be incorporated into FG, so we'll keep you posted as we find out more.

Here is a link to the Kickstarter if you want to further support this great artist and you want to see his art style and available add-ons, which we also be making available in the store as add-on purchases.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vortexgames/game-masters-campaign-the-fantasy-art-kit

Here is a list of graphics that will be included:

Approx 130-140 monsters & creatures

-Great spiders
-Unicorn
-Pegasus
-Hounds
-Warcat
-Chimera
-Gorgon
-Ice spider
-Manticore
-Minotaur
-Will of the wisp
-Great eagle
-Spiderbat
-Dracasus
-Gargoyle
-Gorcrow
-Griffon
-Harphy
-Homonoculous
-Hippogriff
-Horribar
-Phoenix
-Roc
-Siren
-Winged wolf
-Magic eyes - "eye beasts"(similar to the beholders), radiation eye, other magic eyes
-Slimes, cubes, oozes

-Drake
-Wyvern
-Faery dragon

Base kit will contain 3 variations of each of the dragon creatures below, by variants I mean Fire, Ice, Water, Gas or other versions:

-Winged dragon
-Land dragon
-Young dragon
-Ancient dragon

-Various demon beings - base kit will have 5 demons ranging from tiny to huge

-Constructs - base kit will have 3 types of constructs
-Golems - base kit will have 3 types of golems
-Elementals - base kit will have 4 types of elementals
-Guardians - base kit will have 4 types of guardians

-skeletons - base kit will have 3 variations
-zombies - base kit will have 3 variations
-disembodied parts: hands, heads etc - base kit will have 3 variations
-vampire
-black reaver
-bloodbeast
-corpse light
-ghost
-ghoul
-lich
-mummy
-wight
-wraith
-gloombird
-ghost wolf

-Various were-creatures (werewolf, wererat, werebear) - base kit will have 3 types
-Naga - base kit will have 3 types

-Goblin - base kit will have 3 types
-Orc - base kit will have 3 types
-Troll - base kit will have 3 types
-Gnolls
-Faerie
-Dyad
-Wild men
-Various types of centaurs - base kit will have 3 types
-Kobolds
-Giants
-Cyclop
-Ogre
-Titan
-Leprechaun
-Sylph
-Nixie
-Nymph
-Satyr
-Gremlin
-Ents/tree people

-Mouse
-Rat
-Cat
-Dog
-Wolf
-Deer
-Moose
-Bear
-Wolverine
-Lynx
-Badger
-Hawk
-Eagle
-Owl
-Goose
-Duck
-Swan
-Raven
-Spiders
-Snakes
-Horse
-Donkey
-Goat
-Sheep
-Cow
-Ox

50 humanoid tokens, many different races/varieties

Each of these will be painted showing 6 "outfits" in the base kit: adventurers/fighters, spellcasters, clerics/priests, rogue/thief, noble/merchants and beggars/poor.

-Elf male
-Elf female

-Human male
-Human female

-Dwarf male
-Dwarf female

-Halfling male
-Halfling female

-Half-orc male
-Half-orc female

-Gnome male
-Gnome female

100 objects/items:
Base kit will contain tiles/tokens of these objects, showing them in a normal/new condition. Reaching a given stretch goal in the kickstarter project will add broken/rusty/damaged/other looks as additional tokens to these.

-Dagger
-Shuriken
-Main gauche
-Mace
-Shortsword
-Broadsword
-Longsword
-2-H-Sword
-Scimitar
-Falchion
-Warhammer
-War mattock
-Flail
-Morningstar
-Blowgun
-Whip
-Net
-Spear
-Halberd
-Lance
-Quarterstaff
-Light crossbow
-Heavy crossbow
-Short bow
-Composite bow
-Longbow

-Purse
-Pouch
-Bags - 3 types will be made for the base kit
-Messenger type bags - 3 types will be made for the base kit
-small boxes - 3 types will be made for the base kit
-small chests - 3 types will be made for the base kit

-Reinforced fabric
-Fur
-Leather armor
-Greaves - arms and legs
-Chain armor
-Metal armor
-Leather helmet
-Chain coiffs
-Steel helmet
-Other variants of helmets - makeshift armor etc - yet to be determined
-Buckler
-Target shield
-Normal shield
-Wall shield
-Kite shield

-Cloaks - 3 types in the base kit
-Hoods - 3 types in the base kit
-General clothes - 3 types in the base kit: 3 types of pants, 3 types of shirts, 3 types of socks
-Shoes - 3 types in the base kit
-Boots - 3 types in the base kit
-Sandals - 3 types in the base kit

All magic items will be made in at least 3 types in the base kit.
-Rings
-Amulets
-Bracelets
-Wands/rods
-Wizard staffs
-Scrolls
-Runepapers
-Vials
-Tomes/spellbooks

All foodstuff items will be made in at least 3 types in the base kit.
-Breads
-Foodtype ingredients
-Fruits
-Vegetables
-Meats
-Fish

At least 10 types of herbs/spelltype components will be painted.

All misc items will be made in at least 3 types in the base kit.
-Keys
-Locks
-Chains
-Ropes
-Grappling hook
-Tools

At least 5 tokens/tiles showing general rubble/destroyed objects.

Battlemaps is the general name I chose for the basic ground images. They will be made available in a number of sizes, some examples are 1024x1024 pixels, 1024x2048pixels, 2048x2048pixels and 4096x4096 pixels. Every other tile/token in this kit are meant to be put ontop of either of these, for digital use or print.

Backdrops/basic terrain types:
-small water bodies/riversides/lakesides
-dungeon
-grass
-rock
-dirt
-sand
-snow/ice
-various combinations of the above, creating a transition area.

50 terrain/walls/decals
Walls/doors will generally be made out of stone/wood in the base kit. Additional themed kits will contain more types such as glass, carved stone, metal etc.

-Walls - 4 directions
-Corners - 4 directions
-T-sections - 4 directions
-X-sextion
-Endings - 4 directions
-Doors open/closed - vertical/horizontal - both directions (door going in/out)
-Stair up
-Stair down
-Trap door floor
-Opening in wall - window sized
-Opening in wall - large enough for archery
-Opening in wall - barred by metal rods
-Opening in wall - window with wooden covers - closed/open
-Opening in wall - glass window

Decals:
-Various holes in the ground
-Various cracks
-Burning holes
-Lava cracks
-Brush/vegetation decals
-Spell decals
-Clawmarks
-Large footprints (giants etc)
-Other types to be added

Base kit will contain at least 3 types of each of the listed inventory related items below:

-Beds
-Shelves
-Tables
-Chairs
-Containers
-Rugs
-Banners
-Light sources
-Fireplaces
-Paintings
-Maps
-Books

-Raft
-Canoo
-Small boat
-Horsecart
-wheelcart
-Minecart & tracks

Dakadin
September 29th, 2012, 23:14
Woo hoo! That's awesome! :D

JohnD
September 30th, 2012, 01:04
Great stuff... top quality addition value-wise for FG.

unerwünscht
September 30th, 2012, 01:12
As part of the core GM licenses (Full and Ultimate), we will soon be adding a whole host of built-in fantasy art graphics developed by the user Shockbolt.

You say 'soon' is there any form of ETA on that? Days, weeks, months, years, sometime this decade? I assume we are looking at months, but always better to ask than assume.

dr_venture
September 30th, 2012, 01:26
Holy mackerel! Shockbolts art is really good, and the breadth of subjects and uses here is far, far more than I could ever hope for as part of the core license. To me, this seems like a *huge* reason for GMs to choose FG. Well done, everyone involved!

dberkompas
September 30th, 2012, 02:11
I'm in the KS, love his work. Thanks for the heads-up.

mgholson
September 30th, 2012, 02:19
built in graphics have always been high on my list of features to add. Great Deal!

damned
September 30th, 2012, 04:32
@unerwünscht
march/april 2013

Shockbolt
September 30th, 2012, 11:16
@unerwünscht
march/april 2013

What damned said, but if I can push on and finish the base Fantasy art kit + Minimap kit sooner, then you'll get it sooner than march/april 2012. When the kickstarter has ended, I will keep people updated on a daily/weekly basis.

darkling
September 30th, 2012, 13:40
Really need more information here.

darkling
September 30th, 2012, 13:41
I am now under the impression that those of us who pledged $25 are not allowed to use the art in our home campaigns because of some license? And in order to do so, we needed to pledge almost 200 dollars?! Are you kidding me?

Shockbolt
September 30th, 2012, 13:44
Really need more information here.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vortexgames/game-masters-campaign-the-fantasy-art-kit

There's the main Fantasy art kit, also referred to as the base Fantasy art kit.
Then you have many addon art kits as described in the various stretch goals, each kit contain more fantasy art, made to fit with the base Fantasy art kit. But you can also use the addon(s) by themselves. The idea is that you by using these kits, are able to create campaign maps, and use tokens ontop of those maps, with your rpg campaigns.

Shockbolt
September 30th, 2012, 13:47
I am now under the impression that those of us who pledged $25 are not allowed to use the art in our home campaigns because of some license? And in order to do so, we needed to pledge almost 200 dollars?! Are you kidding me?

No, you are mistaken. All this changes, is that the base Fantasy art kit now comes with the Full or Ultimate license of FG2...You still get to use the same version you'll get from the pledge reward, any way you want, even for commercial purposes if you got that pledge reward.

So your $25 pledge reward will still give you the complete base Fantasy art kit, outside of FG2.

darkling
September 30th, 2012, 13:49
Yes, I backed your kickstarter.

But I do not approve of what's going on here. Your wording seems to indicate we're not allowed to use the tokens in our home campaigns unless we pledge the $175 level. Starting to read this new update, I was pretty thrilled because I figured my $25 pledge would unlock the taverns and castles addons because I am a FG Ultimate license holder already. But then I got to the end and saw you were only talking about the higher tiers. Which made me realize that you seem to think we're paying for these for nothing, as you seem to only "allow" people to use them in their home campaigns at the $175 level.

Am I getting this right???

darkling
September 30th, 2012, 14:01
So does the $25 pledge open up the two tiers for people with FG Ultimate licenses or not?

Shockbolt
September 30th, 2012, 14:02
Yes, I backed your kickstarter.

But I do not approve of what's going on here. Your wording seems to indicate we're not allowed to use the tokens in our home campaigns unless we pledge the $175 level. Starting to read this new update, I was pretty thrilled because I figured my $25 pledge would unlock the taverns and castles addons because I am a FG Ultimate license holder already. But then I got to the end and saw you were only talking about the higher tiers. Which made me realize that you seem to think we're paying for these for nothing, as you seem to only "allow" people to use them in their home campaigns at the $175 level.

Am I getting this right???

Ok, normally I'm pretty calm when I try to explain things, but right now my words seem only to fuel your reasonless anger.. the higher tiers mentioned in the update..were just examples..

As a backer of $25 or more, you will get both the $15 options, which includes everything in the list posted in the first post of this thread. You will not be getting the Tavern/Inn addon or the Castles addon at this level....normally.

But, since you are a Ultimate license holder of FG2, and you've supported my project before Smiteworks decided to acquire the license to integrate the base Fantasy art kit with the Full and Ultimate licenses, you will get to upgrade your pledge reward to the $50 reward...without pledging more money to the project.

As a result of this, you WILL GET both the Tavern/Inn addon kit AND the Castles/torture chamber & siege engine addon kit.

And you WILL be able to use the base Fantasy art kit, the Tavern/Inn addon AND the Castles/torture chamber & siege engines addon OUTSIDE OF FG2.

FG2/Smiteworks does not prevent you from doing that, neither do I, I'm just happy that you chose to back my project in the first place, and I'm trying to keep current FG2 license holders who've backed my project happy by offering to upgrade their rewards.

darkling
September 30th, 2012, 14:27
You need to use that wording elsewhere! Seriously.

The update you just posted says "anyone who is a backer of my project with the intention of using my art kits as a GM/DM" and then referenced the $175 tier. That led me to re-read the reward tiers, which I had when I pledged but didn't think too much of at the time because $25 was my limit. When I got to "This is the reward for those who would want to create and play your own campaigns", that clicked with the update and is where this misunderstanding came from as that's what DM's do. This wording implies that it's only the $175 tier where you "allow" us to actually use the tokens. You can think it was a stupid assumption all you want but considering how license obsessed the RPG world is, with even the small indie publishers sending copyright trolls after DM's who use their material in PBP and other online games, it's one that actually does require clarification.

And thanks for that clarification. I backed this way back at the start because I thought it'd be a great addition to my game. I just wanted to be certain I could use it.

Shockbolt
September 30th, 2012, 15:05
You need to use that wording elsewhere! Seriously.

I'm still the main licenseholder of the art kits, what Smiteworks and rpgwithme.com has acquired are non-exclusive licenses to merge the base Fantasy art kit with their software, making it available for those who has the Full or Ultimate licenses.

The fact that Smiteworks chose to acquire the license only lead to you as a backer getting more than what was in your original pledge reward.

What seemed perfectly clear to me, seemed to have caused some confusion, cursing and anger with others. I guess that is what you get sometimes even when you try to do things right. I've now sent out a new update via kickstarter, explaining in detail the recent events.

darkling
September 30th, 2012, 16:27
I'm not angry. I'm sorry I came across as such. I've had some weird and less than pleasant Kickstarter experiences so far and I'm a little jumpy around them. D:

Seriously, your art is fantastic. Thanks for doing this with the community.

Shockbolt
September 30th, 2012, 17:52
I'm not angry. I'm sorry I came across as such. I've had some weird and less than pleasant Kickstarter experiences so far and I'm a little jumpy around them. D:

Seriously, your art is fantastic. Thanks for doing this with the community.

I had one of the backers leave some unpleasentry comments and then he backpeddaled out of the project, before I had the chance to explain the facts to him. That was mainly the reason for the cursing bit of my last post..

JohnD
September 30th, 2012, 21:52
I'm not angry. I'm sorry I came across as such.
Usually people throwing out the 'f-word' come across as angry.

Wording seems to be clear for most people, Shockbolt. I'm happy my $50 is getting me the next level of your work! :)

Griogre
September 30th, 2012, 22:47
Text is a hard media to communicate sometimes. Its easy to read or even misread things the wrong way. Congrats to Shockbolt on how the kickstarter is doing and thank you to Smiteworks for making the art available to people with FG licences.

damned
October 1st, 2012, 05:27
@darkling - i think your post was rude and uncalled for. i understood exactly what shockbolt was saying in his posts - i dont think jumping in at the deep end was called for. kickstarter is not a shop. kickstarter is a way for people to guage interst in a project or product and for people to contribute an amount they see fit to bring the project or product to life. sadly some kickstarter projects dont ever get deliverred. but it is not a shop. just like some businesses fail and investors get burnt.
i contributed at a much higher level and i was a little bummed on one level when i saw that announcement but the simple fact remains that i chose to support the project at a level i chose. and then on top of that - raymond has then voluntarily increased the rewards of most peoples individual reward levels - for many its doubled. i imagine that this was done so that those backers who are also fg license holders didnt feel like they had paid for something they didnt have to. the fact is still that kickstarter is not a shop - you are almost becoming a patron - if all the fg license holders withdrew their pledges the $2000 vtt license that smiteworks bought probably wouldnt cover their absence. i think raymond has shown his appreciation and recognised your (and everyone elses) contributions by straight away increasing the rewards for all liccense holders.
have a coke/beer/water and enjoy the great artwork and the improved value of both fantasy grounds and the campaign masters kit. everything gets better as a result of this deal.
if my post is heavy handed i apologise in advance. no offense intended.

ddavison
October 1st, 2012, 05:45
I thought it would be wise for me to chime in here briefly. First, we wanted to give back to the FG community for free that has continued to support us year after year. Secondly, we like Shockbolt's artwork and he has also started doing some things in support of FG without even asking for payment... so we thought these two things could go well together. We did think for a brief period that giving away something like this for free to active users might potentially damage the view of this offering if they had already paid. After a brief dialogue between Shockbolt and I, he mentioned that he would graciously give "credit" to existing FG customers that would bump them to the next level automatically. Again, this was free.

The thing to keep in mind with Kickstarter is that you haven't paid for anything until the product is launched. If you feel strongly that the funding levels should be adjusted, you have a voice and a method to provide this feedback. Nobody lost anything in any part of this ordeal, nor would they. At the absolute worst, it is akin to putting $10 in your wallet with plans to buy yourself lunch and only to find out that your office is buying everyone lunch for free where you work. You can then use that $10 for something else or buy yourself desert.

Dakadin
October 1st, 2012, 09:27
I just wanted to thank Smiteworks and Raymond for this new art pack and look at it from a slightly different perspective.

Raymond's artwork is amazing and I am glad he has been willing to make it available through this kickstarter. I've bumped up my pledge level a couple times already because I think it is an amazing opportunity.

When I heard about Smiteworks doing the VTT pledge level and making it available for free to all the FG full and ultimate license holders, I was thrilled even though I was already a backer for more than that amount. One of the reasons I was excited besides the obvious is because that pushed the kickstarter to the 2 stretch goal which gave us the opportunity to get that add on kit even if the kickstarteer doesn't getting anymore backers. So it was great news for a couple reasons!

Then when I heard that Raymond was going to give FG users the equivalent of the next pledge level, I was amazed that he was willing to do that for us. It meant that even the $25 pledge level was going to be getting the first 2 stretch goal add ons as long as they were FG full or ultimate license holders. That is awesome if you ask me! :D

I hope everyone realizes what a great opportunity this is for FG full and ultimate license holders. Even if you aren't backing the kickstarter you are going to get some amazing artwork to use in your campaign absolutely free! Most backers are getting more for there same pledge levels.

Thanks again Raymond and Smiteworks for making this happen. I really appreciate it. :D

damned
October 1st, 2012, 09:35
perfect summation! and unless im mistaken i think you are possibly the only backer of the kickstarter and fg license holder who wont benefit from the upgrade... but as you say the next stretch goal was met and its getting close to the temples and holy places too!

damned
October 1st, 2012, 10:26
ooopps - i know Dakadin is a big fan and supporter of the project but i think it might have been Ardem who went all in and is supporting at the highest level below VTT...

i can see several other FG users who are backers so Darkling you are in good company and a patron of the arts!

bennis1980
October 1st, 2012, 14:43
I must say that although I haven't yet pledged towards the project (I haven't got the green and want to give a decent amount), I still will pledge towards this kickstarter before the time is up. It's absolutely brilliant.

Also, the fact that smiteworks have been so generous here makes me want to fast track my plan to upgrade to ultimate at the earliest opportunity, not only for my own benefit, but also as a way of saying thanks.

Doswelk
October 1st, 2012, 20:40
I am in the strange situation of having what appears to be the only pledge level not getting a free upgrade ($100 level), but other than mentioning it here I have not complained. The fact that Smiteworks is able to include this artwork as part of FGII is brilliant I think, I'll keep my pledge at it's current level as I pledged before the change and I think the project deserves my money!

In the mean time I removed the offending word from two posts above, in case anyone is wondering why there is reference to swearing when it is not there :) (First time I have had to moderate anything on this board since I got the power to do so, darkling I am not amused)

Shockbolt
October 1st, 2012, 20:51
I am in the strange situation of having what appears to be the only pledge level not getting a free upgrade ($100 level), but other than mentioning it here I have not complained. The fact that Smiteworks is able to include this artwork as part of FGII is brilliant I think, I'll keep my pledge at it's current level as I pledged before the change and I think the project deserves my money!

If you have picked the $100 reward today, you would be upgraded to the $175 reward, after the project has ended.

$100 reward gives you:

base Fantasy art kit + 2 addon kits guaranteed + all addon kits found within reached stretch goals when the projects ends.

Assuming you're a Full or Ultimate license holder of FG2:
You're now offered to be upgraded to the $175 reward which gives you:

base Fantasy art kit + 2 addon kits guaranteed + all addon kits found within reached stretch goals when project ends + all future addon kits to the Fantasy art kit received for free. (if I make 100 addon kits during my lifetime, you get 100 addon kits)
+ you get 5 custom painted tokens.

Shockbolt
October 1st, 2012, 20:56
Seems all the fuzz this weekend got the best of me, going through the project update messages sent out, I made the unforgivable mistake of forgetting the $100 pledge reward, which is why I found that last post by Doswelk a bit strange.

I can only say that few people do something huge, and succeed 100%..I'm not one of those :)

I'm in the KS account now, sending out a project update message to the pledgers, correcting this error...I'm sorry about that Doswelk..

Doswelk
October 1st, 2012, 21:24
Like I said I thought it strange but did not mind, I was happy to provide my money to you and have only good will towards you. I did not expect a free upgrade so your generousness in all of this should be applauded.

Good luck with this project.

Shockbolt
October 1st, 2012, 22:11
Like I said I thought it strange but did not mind, I was happy to provide my money to you and have only good will towards you. I did not expect a free upgrade so your generousness in all of this should be applauded.

Good luck with this project.

Good thing you mentioned it in here, I would probably not have noticed the error myself.

Ardem
October 5th, 2012, 07:31
This one is for the original backers, if you did not back the project at the beginning, Smiteworks or the other mob would never of got involved. Meaning there would be no ART at all, and definitely surefire addons.

Aside from Raymond generous offer to up those of you who are using FG to a higher pledge level, you should be just proud you contributed to this project becoming a reality.

I for one feel the small amount I am offering in kickstarter is more then worth the value of the number of icons and art coming out.

You can use the art External to FG (personally, meaning with your own creation non-commercial) (remember that, you can go to another (lower quality VTT) and use his art there LEGALLY), where as a FG user only cannot.

Kickstarter is an investment, it is not retail. Sometime investments go bad so you need to really understand Kickstarter and be prepared to lose your money. I generally think people forget this, so be wary but at the same time dare to dream a little.

I however got full confidence in Raymond, a man on the other side of the world that I have never met and not nothing more then he has uploaded some art I never seen before. SCARY HUH! <big smile>

bennis1980
October 5th, 2012, 08:52
I have finally gotten around to pledging support. I have always intended to and even though I'll be getting the art through Fantasy Grounds (thank you smiteworks) I still feel it right to give independent support also.

Good luck!!!

demonsbane
October 5th, 2012, 17:22
Then when I heard that Raymond was going to give FG users the equivalent of the next pledge level, I was amazed that he was willing to do that for us.

If my $100 reward pledge is going to be upgraded to the reward of $175 pledge, I think I'll not ask Raymond the 5 custom tokens just for me.

He is already very generous and I don't want the work required for "my particular tokens" bothering him while painting tokens that are going to be useful for all of us.

Trenloe
October 5th, 2012, 17:28
If my $100 reward pledge is going to be upgraded to the reward of $175 pledge, I think I'll not ask Raymond the 5 custom tokens just for me.
I completely understand where you're coming from - I was thinking the same. But, then I realised they are not just for me, they will be included in the kit so everyone gets them. So, think of something awesome that everyone will like! :-)

Shockbolt
October 5th, 2012, 17:42
About the custom tokens, I know I stated they will be included in the base Fantasy art kit, I didn't think that much of it, before I was asked about this issue.

When the KS project has ended, I will ask every backer that has custom tiles in his/hers reward, if they want to share the custom artwork I'm painting for them, or not. I will not be forcing any custom tokens to make it into the base Fantasy art kit, without the good will of the backer. So if you want the custom tokens to be exclusive to your campaigns, they will be exclusive to you.

If you want to have them included in the base Fantasy art kit, I will do so if they are not in violation of any laws or religions, and your name will be on the credit list that comes with each base Fantasy art kit sold :)

Again, a small change to the project, but for the better of any of the backers as you get the choice to what you want with the custom tokens.

Shockbolt
October 5th, 2012, 17:46
" I didn't think that much of it, before I was asked about this issue."

Poor choice of words on my part and I couldn't edit the post so:

what I meant was that I wrote the tokens would be included, without thinking through how this would make the would be backers feel, wether they might want their custom tokens to be exclusive or not. What I had in mind when I stated that in the KS project was that the custom tokens would be a nice addition to the base Fantasy art kit..

Trenloe
October 5th, 2012, 22:39
" I didn't think that much of it, before I was asked about this issue."

Poor choice of words on my part and I couldn't edit the post so:

what I meant was that I wrote the tokens would be included, without thinking through how this would make the would be backers feel, wether they might want their custom tokens to be exclusive or not. What I had in mind when I stated that in the KS project was that the custom tokens would be a nice addition to the base Fantasy art kit..
Sounds fair to me... I hope most people are willing to share their custom tokens - would be interesting to see and nice to have more tokens! :-)

dberkompas
October 5th, 2012, 22:43
I'll gladly allow my tokens to be included.

BoomerET
Ultimate license

bennis1980
October 5th, 2012, 23:36
If you want to have them included in the base Fantasy art kit, I will do so if they are not in violation of any laws...

Oh please post any requests for tokens that ask you to break the law. My imagination is working overtime at the prospects :D

Ardem
October 7th, 2012, 02:04
All my tokens will be around RMC monster specifically that have been missed so I am happy to share them. However having a couple exclusive tokens does soon nice as well. Decisions Decisions.

I do have 30 to choose from. Sorry Shockbolt I made your life hard. hehehe

Shockbolt
October 7th, 2012, 10:08
All my tokens will be around RMC monster specifically that have been missed so I am happy to share them. However having a couple exclusive tokens does soon nice as well. Decisions Decisions.

I do have 30 to choose from. Sorry Shockbolt I made your life hard. hehehe

Painting the custom tokens should be fun I think :)

damned
October 8th, 2012, 05:27
anyone still contemplating supporting this project - we need to raise about another $1900 to get the Holy Places Art Kit stretch goal....

$12,000 - Holy places addon art kit - containing tiles & tokens of everything you'd need to rig up burial grounds, ancient and new, temples, shrines and places of nature worshipping, plus a bunch of items, objects, creatures & monster and fantasy characters related to the theme. Including ghosts, priests, clerics, druids and more.

the artwork sneak peeks we have seen so far are fantastic.

Trenloe
October 8th, 2012, 08:28
anyone still contemplating supporting this project - we need to raise about another $1900 to get the Holy Places Art Kit stretch goal....
Looks like someone just went in with a $2000 pledge! That's 3 VTT kits now... and Holy Places (Batman!) art kits for us! :)

damned
October 8th, 2012, 08:48
hoo rah! holy toledo!

Ardem
October 8th, 2012, 09:15
I should not of doubted, *well in my head" I thought we had hit the peak based on the general uptake. This been a success even more then I could imagine.

I am so happy to see the Holy Places unlocked, however I think Raymond will be quitting his day job hahahah.

bennis1980
October 8th, 2012, 09:49
Next stop Nautical add ons $2969 away!!!

Mellock
October 8th, 2012, 17:44
I never used much nautical imagery, so I'm actually gunning for the Mages Guild already :p -- Go go magic lab!

Dakadin
October 8th, 2012, 18:18
I never used much nautical imagery, so I'm actually gunning for the Mages Guild already :p -- Go go magic lab!

I feel the same way. Hopefully we can make it to the Mages Guild stretch goal. :D

Trenloe
October 8th, 2012, 21:54
Next stop Nautical add ons $2969 away!!!Really hoping we get to the nautical add on - it's not just boats, it looks like all things to do with water (and close to water):

Sea, ocean, seaside/beach, lake & river terrains. Construct ships, boats, sailboats, other types of fantasy water vessels, build seaside constructions, docks, ruins in or near water, & underwater cities! Also included in this addon kit are a number of sea/ocean type creatures & monsters, ocean dwelling fantasy characters, nautical themed items & objects, statues..and maybe the Kraken! :)

spoofer
October 17th, 2012, 14:32
I really like this style of art, and I happily supported the project at the 25$ level. However, it did not feel right to pay for something that is being given to me for free (I have the GM licence.) I really want to both support Shockbolt and get something else for it beyond what is being given to the GM and Ultimate licence owners. Then I noticed that the original post states that art packs are going to be sold through the online store. Based on that I pulled my pledge, but I will be buying lots of those packs as soon as they are available. (At least 25$ worth, maybe more.) Shockbolt, please make sure your stuff makes it into the online store as I will be buying it there. Thanks for the awesome art.

K.

bennis1980
October 17th, 2012, 14:38
Really hoping we get to the nautical add on - it's not just boats, it looks like all things to do with water (and close to water):

Ahoy there matey!! Land ahoy.Also, Nautical Art Kit Ahoy!!!

We made it past $15000

Congrats Raymond, you artistic genius!

JohnD
October 17th, 2012, 15:12
I really like this style of art, and I happily supported the project at the 25$ level. However, it did not feel right to pay for something that is being given to me for free (I have the GM licence.) I really want to both support Shockbolt and get something else for it beyond what is being given to the GM and Ultimate licence owners. Then I noticed that the original post states that art packs are going to be sold through the online store. Based on that I pulled my pledge, but I will be buying lots of those packs as soon as they are available. (At least 25$ worth, maybe more.) Shockbolt, please make sure your stuff makes it into the online store as I will be buying it there. Thanks for the awesome art.

K.
You know your $25 gets you bumped to the $50 level given your FG license, right?

Dakadin
October 17th, 2012, 15:28

K.

So your $25 pledge will get you the base art pack that you would get for free plus the first 2 stretch goals(Tavern/inn kit and castles/siege engines kit). If you were to up it to a $50 pledge it would be the equivalent of a $100 pledge which would give you all the stretch goals reached. Currently that would be two additional stretch goals (Holy places kit and nautical kit). I would be surprised if it doesn't make it to the next stretch goal before the end. Also a $100 pledge would give you the equivalent of the $175 pledge which includes all future add-ons also.

Definitely do what is best for you but I wanted to make sure there wasn't a misunderstanding. ;)

Shockbolt
October 17th, 2012, 16:24
Ahoy there matey!! Land ahoy.Also, Nautical Art Kit Ahoy!!!

We made it past $15000

Congrats Raymond, you artistic genius!

Many thanks! Still 9 days to go, I wonder if it will get dangerously close to the next stretch goal too before it ends, or even reach it? :)

spoofer
October 18th, 2012, 11:54
Re: misunderstanding

I really hope there has been a misunderstanding. If it is the case that a 50$ pledge is upgraded to $100 level for owners of FGII at the Game Master license level, then that changes everything. I would certainly do that. But I am under the impression that such a deal was only for those people who backed the Kickerstarter Project before Smiteworks did. This is based on an earlier post:

you've supported my project before Smiteworks decided to acquire the license to integrate the base Fantasy art kit with the Full and Ultimate licenses...

I am sad I missed such an opportunity, but that is the way it is. :cry:

Bidmaron
October 18th, 2012, 12:35
1) Is the kick to the next level still in effect for Ultimate holders who pledge (or did you have to be on it before FG made their pledge?)
2) What is the difference in the $250 and $175 except for 5 more tokens (it seems to me both give you license to use the art in commercial work, but it is confusing language).

damned
October 18th, 2012, 12:52
Bidmaron.
The $175 gives you all the Fantasy Kit add-ons that Raymond makes as part of this project and into the future. All of them. But they are for personal use only - you can use them in your games, FG or otherwise, but cant package up your module/game/whatever and sell it or even distribute it.
The $250 gives you all the add-ons that are reached as part of THIS kickstarter but nothing that isnt reached. But you have the rights to use them in your products (except for a generator/tool/vtt/etc) and sell products containg art work made from these kits, but not the kit contents themselves. You dont get any future add-ons included. However if you late buy add-on pack 17 and 23 they would then be coverred under your commercial license...
Wow - you are right - a bit confusing :)
So - you GET more with $175 pack (potentially LOTS more) but you can DO more with the $250 pack if you are that way inclined.

Gee I hope I got all that right!

damned
October 18th, 2012, 12:54
oh - and your other question - it would be good to get Raymond to clarify that. i didnt see anywhere that it was only for pre-existing backers and pre-existing license holders but i could have missed it...

Shockbolt
October 18th, 2012, 15:14
oh - and your other question - it would be good to get Raymond to clarify that. i didnt see anywhere that it was only for pre-existing backers and pre-existing license holders but i could have missed it...

The intention was that any Full or Ultimate license holder would receive the upgrade offer, who also backed the project.

spoofer: If you pledged $25 or more, you'd get the offer to upgrade to $50, since you're either a Full or Ultimate license holder of FG2

Shockbolt
October 18th, 2012, 15:16
* $25 & $50 in my previous post should be: $25 pledge reward & $50 pledge reward.

The intention was that any Full or Ultimate license holder would receive the upgrade offer, who also backed the project.

spoofer: If you pledged $25 or more, you'd get the offer to upgrade to $50, since you're either a Full or Ultimate license holder of FG2

Shockbolt
October 18th, 2012, 15:45
1) Is the kick to the next level still in effect for Ultimate holders who pledge (or did you have to be on it before FG made their pledge?)
2) What is the difference in the $250 and $175 except for 5 more tokens (it seems to me both give you license to use the art in commercial work, but it is confusing language).

1. Yes, still in effect.

2. The $175 pledge reward targets backers that intend to use the artwork with their personal campaigns only, you would not be allowed to post fullsized maps online for example, without the license found in the $250 pledge reward and above.

The $250 pledge reward targets people who intend to use the artwork for commercial projects, creating maps, modules, games etc. with intents of selling them or sharing online/offline. But you are also able to use the art for your personal projects as a Game Master using FG2 for example. In short, the increase in $ between the $175 and $250 is because of the license for using the artwork with your commercial projects.

Bidmaron
October 18th, 2012, 22:57
But in the $175 block, it states "This is the reward for those who would want to create and play your own campaigns, not requiring a license to sell your maps, games, or modules." That is why I'm confused because if you can sell at the $175 level, what does the $250 get you besides 5 more tokens?

Also, I still don't know whether I qualify for a level kick-up due to my Ultimate license.

Shockbolt
October 18th, 2012, 23:12
But in the $175 block, it states "This is the reward for those who would want to create and play your own campaigns, not requiring a license to sell your maps, games, or modules." That is why I'm confused because if you can sell at the $175 level, what does the $250 get you besides 5 more tokens?

Also, I still don't know whether I qualify for a level kick-up due to my Ultimate license.

You're not allowed to sell with the $175 pledge reward, the art kit is for personal use only with that one. However, if you're a hobby map maker, you can post mini versions online of the maps you create, in your portfolios for example, without a commercial license such as the one in the $250 pledge reward.

The $250 gets you:

Master art kit:
1. A free fantasy art kit
2. All addon kits found within the stretch goals that have been reached, when the kickstarter project has ended.
3. You'd get to pick up to 10 custom tokens for me to paint, to be included with the fantasy art kit, credits for them to be added to the fantasy art kit with your full name. 4. You are also getting a non-exclusive license to use the Fantasy art kit + these addon kits, with your game/module projects at this pledge level.

And yes, you have the FG Ultimate license, so you're also getting the free upgrade offer if you are a backer or intend to back the project.

Bidmaron
October 18th, 2012, 23:16
OK, wow, that's sure not the way I read that originally, but I understand how you could parse what was written to derive that. Gotta think about what level I want to get in on this.

demonsbane
October 19th, 2012, 01:16
Bidmaron.
The $175 gives you all the Fantasy Kit add-ons that Raymond makes as part of this project and into the future. All of them. (. . .)

So, with the $250 pledge reward you only receive the stretch goals reached within the KS project?

Until now, I thought the whole $175 pledge's reward was included into the $250 one.

damned
October 19th, 2012, 01:36
Bidmaron

This is the reward for those who would want to create and play your own campaigns, not requiring a license to sell your maps, games, or modules
I can totally see what you mean now. It could be read as - if you pledge to this level you dont require a license to sell your maps, games or modules
I think it could clarify things a lot if it read:

This is the reward for those who would want to create and play your own campaigns. This reward does not allow you any commercial or redistribution rights.

Demonsbane
Most pledge/reward levels work that way but this one clearly swaps the "future add-on packs" for the "commercial license for all achieved levels/targets".
You gotta go all the way to $500 for that one... thats the big wrestle!

Shockbolt
October 19th, 2012, 07:52
So, with the $250 pledge reward you only receive the stretch goals reached within the KS project?

Until now, I thought the whole $175 pledge's reward was included into the $250 one.

For non-licenseholders of FG2, the pledge rewards give what they state they'll give, in addition to the text pledge rewards, I also made graphic versions of each pledge reward in order to minimize confusion.

Then several project updates, with information about the free upgrade offer, were sent out, describing in detail what they would get in their upgrades. In every example, people will get more. If some of you did not read those, I'll copy-paste the info here later today when I'm at home. Using cellphones can be tricky..

Shockbolt
October 19th, 2012, 08:06
Bidmaron

I can totally see what you mean now. It could be read as - if you pledge to this level you dont require a license to sell your maps, games or modules
I think it could clarify things a lot if it read:

Demonsbane
Most pledge/reward levels work that way but this one clearly swaps the "future add-on packs" for the "commercial license for all achieved levels/targets".

Thing is, kickstarter won't allow changes to the pledge reward boxes, after someone has picked the reward you want to modify. Because of this, I created graphical versions of the pledge rewards, with the intention that these would make it easier to spot the difference.

spoofer
October 19th, 2012, 08:28

Shockbolt,

Oh man, this is sooo awesome! For supporting 50$ (which will get bumped up to the next level if I am a full licence holder), I can get all of that great stuff??? Oooohhh, I feel like Christmas has come early. :D I am really glad now that I was confused about your intentions and posted my comment. I did not realize that you intented to be so generous. I almost missed out on this great opportunity.

Thanks for clarifying, and for being generous to the FG license holders. I am back in at the 50$ level this time!

I bet you cannot wait to have all of this business stuff behind you so you can go back to painting miniatures.

Kevin

Shockbolt
October 19th, 2012, 09:08
I think I've spent more time explaining the project and my intention than I've had time to paint previews so far, and I think this will be my first and last kickstarter project..without a lawyer to create the text for me :)

And yes, you wouldn't believe how much energy a kickstarter project drains out of you, so I'm really looking forward to the end of it, so I can fully focus on the artwork itself.

demonsbane
October 19th, 2012, 15:01
Demonsbane

Thanks, damned and Shockbolt, for your clarifications on this. Albeit I still need to think a bit about the matter.

Regards!

Shockbolt
October 19th, 2012, 15:34
When new events occur, or changes happen to the project, I post project updates about the events or changes. This is done via kickstarter and every backer should receive the info and also be able to read them via the "updates" section of the project (14 updates so far)

This was part of the update message, dated 30.september, sent out to all backers(and should also be readable to any new backers via the update section:

"If you've pledged $175 or more, you have the offer to upgrade to the $250 pledge reward, free of charge as a token of appreciation that you are still backing my project. Also, for those who do not intend to make use of a commercial license, you are given the option to trade the license for additional 20 custom painted tokens that would include characters, monsters, creatures, items and objects of your choice. You will also be getting the same benefits as in the $175 pledge reward, receiving the addon kits."

This means, if you wanted to, you could become a backer at the $175 tier, get the free upgrade to $250 and end up with the same as the $500 option.

In the end, I'm on the losing end in this, but it doesn't matter to me as long as the project total brings in enough to support the time I have to spend creating these art kits.

I hope that cleared up the last piece of confusion, if not, then I don't know any other way of explaining this :)

demonsbane
October 19th, 2012, 15:42
I hope that cleared up the last piece of confusion (. . .)

It did! (At least for me). Thanks for your additional clarification.

Also, let me add that you are handling all this hassle very well, professionally speaking.

damned
October 19th, 2012, 23:32
When new events occur, or changes happen to the project, I post project updates about the events or changes. This is done via kickstarter and every backer should receive the info and also be able to read them via the "updates" section of the project (14 updates so far)

This was part of the update message, dated 30.september, sent out to all backers(and should also be readable to any new backers via the update section:

"If you've pledged $175 or more, you have the offer to upgrade to the $250 pledge reward, free of charge as a token of appreciation that you are still backing my project. Also, for those who do not intend to make use of a commercial license, you are given the option to trade the license for additional 20 custom painted tokens that would include characters, monsters, creatures, items and objects of your choice. You will also be getting the same benefits as in the $175 pledge reward, receiving the addon kits."

This means, if you wanted to, you could become a backer at the $175 tier, get the free upgrade to $250 and end up with the same as the $500 option.

In the end, I'm on the losing end in this, but it doesn't matter to me as long as the project total brings in enough to support the time I have to spend creating these art kits.

I hope that cleared up the last piece of confusion, if not, then I don't know any other way of explaining this :)

Gaaaaargh!
One of the challenges of this kickstarter (and some others) is the sheer volume of info. The volume of info is great - it generates interest and excitement and it tells people exactly what is going on - but sometimes bits get overlooked or miunderstood by various people.
Im sure i read initially when you posted that FG had become a VTT sponsor that you would bump all FG users up to the next level. Then there was a clarification and it said that would not happen to the Commercial License levels and up.
And I thought I read in one of the forum posts that a number of backers at $175 level didnt want to upgrade because they had no interest in the Commercial license but did want the Future add-on packs and you again very kindly opted to give them some more custom tokens if they preferred instead.
Ive been pledged at the $250 level for quite some time because I wanted to have the option to distribute them if I wanted to in the future. I couldnt stretch to $500 at this time no mater how I looked at it. So finally 2 days ago I dropped my pledge to $175 and get the upgrade to Commercial. From there I thought I will buy add-on packs with the change and I can buy any others as they come out and as I need them - all good I was happy with that.
But now my confused and addled brain is seeing that at $175 level I get both? If that is indeed the case and it looks like I am I will up my pledge to $249 so you get my original pledge amount (or almost all of it) and I get all your awesome art and can use it (almost) anywhere.

regards
Damian

Trenloe
October 23rd, 2012, 07:35
But now my confused and addled brain is seeing that at $175 level I get both? If that is indeed the case and it looks like I am I will up my pledge to $249 so you get my original pledge amount (or almost all of it) and I get all your awesome art and can use it (almost) anywhere.
Yeah, I've done the same mate. :D

Shockbolt
October 23rd, 2012, 14:22
Only 3 days left on kickstarter, a new pledge reward was added last night. Currently, the project is over 360% funded, many addon art kits added to the project.

Callum
October 23rd, 2012, 15:10
Given this, isn't it time to roll DrZ's Enhanced Images extension into the core? ;)

demonsbane
October 23rd, 2012, 15:49
Given this, isn't it time to roll DrZ's Enhanced Images extension into the core? ;)

Well said.

bennis1980
October 26th, 2012, 19:03
Congratulations!!!! You did really well with the kickstarter!

Now I just can't wait to get my greasy hands on some of those lovely tokens.

muherd
February 5th, 2013, 16:47
My group has recently migrated to FG and missed out on this Kickstarter, unfortunately. I'm a Full license holder; how would I be able to get this artwork once it is released?

Griogre
February 5th, 2013, 18:07
I believe the update will be distributed as a module in a future update, so I don't think you are going to need to do anything other than keep FG updated and watch the patch notes.

dberkompas
February 5th, 2013, 18:09
You can follow along on progress here:
https://www.rpgartkits.com and click on Project Updates

BoomerET

muherd
February 5th, 2013, 21:03
Thanks much!

Shockbolt
February 5th, 2013, 22:43
My group has recently migrated to FG and missed out on this Kickstarter, unfortunately. I'm a Full license holder; how would I be able to get this artwork once it is released?

You'll get access to the Minimap art kit and the base Fantasy art kit, through the use of FG, when you're a full or ultimate license holder of FG :)

ddavison
February 18th, 2013, 05:50
I just assembled the two modules for the animals and the monster token packs and sent a copy back to Ray to approve. I have to say they look amazing inside FG. The animals look like animals (and are good), but the monsters are fantastic!

It may take a little more time to properly assemble the floor tiles into a fashion that will be very usable. When the rest of the modules are out, we'll add those in to the patch tool as well.

ddavison
February 19th, 2013, 02:49
All GM's running a Full or Ultimate license should now get the Animal Token and Monster Token modules for free when they run the next Update Available.

I'll start on the next batch of things, but it may be a while. I think the floor tiles are going to be fantastic if we can get them linked in properly with layered images.

Emrak
February 19th, 2013, 02:55
All GM's running a Full or Ultimate license should now get the Animal Token and Monster Token modules for free when they run the next Update Available.

I'll start on the next batch of things, but it may be a while. I think the floor tiles are going to be fantastic if we can get them linked in properly with layered images.

Yay, more tokens! These look fantastic!

ddavison
February 19th, 2013, 02:58
Characters and items are next and will be in the same style. When the floors are done (on our end, not on VortexGames end) then you'll be able to build your dungeons and then populate them all within FG.

dr_venture
February 19th, 2013, 03:41
I think the floor tiles are going to be fantastic if we can get them linked in properly with layered images.
Any chance you're looking at making layered images a application feature? If not, who knows when that feature will show up in each ruleset? It won't be in C&C for some time unless a coder much more proficient than I picks up my copious slack.

Silveras
February 19th, 2013, 04:40
Any chance you're looking at making layered images a application feature? If not, who knows when that feature will show up in each ruleset? It won't be in C&C for some time unless a coder much more proficient than I picks up my copious slack.

I believe it is on the list of requested enhancements HERE (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/). I would encourage everyone who wants to see features implemented to check the site often, and vote for the ones you like.. as well as comment on some of them to add detail.

Zeus
February 20th, 2013, 10:14
You'll get access to the Minimap art kit and the base Fantasy art kit, through the use of FG, when you're a full or ultimate license holder of FG :)

Raymond, firstly many thanks for creating these tokens and enabling a license through FGII. The art work, detail and colouring are simply fantastic and I look forward to getting my hands on the next releases. I watched some of the videos of you at work on some of the tokens, very impressive. You have a very good eye.

One request I would like to make; would it be possible to get round pog versions of these excellent tokens? Do you intend to publish pogs? I ask as sadly I tend to refrain from using top down tokens as I prefer everything to fit neatly inside a grid square.

By pog, I mean something similar to this:

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8508/8492022830_af4e0d9c0f_o.png

If not, does the user license allow me as an Ultimate FGII user to create my own versions for use in my own FGII games? I would not look to distribute the tokens on mass outside of my games, but would need to share the tokens in play with the players.

Once again, many thanks.

Shockbolt
February 20th, 2013, 12:18
Thanks for the great feedback DrZeuss :)
I'll try and explain to the best of my ability:

One request I would like to make; would it be possible to get round pog versions of these excellent tokens? Do you intend to publish pogs? I ask as sadly I tend to refrain from using top down tokens as I prefer everything to fit neatly inside a grid square.

I did not plan to create pogs out of them, but I like your idea.
I could create pog versions of them, after having finished the art kits being listed and added through the kickstarter campaign, including: the base art kit and all the addon art kits found in the reached stretch goals. These pog versions would then be treated the same way as the token modules being added to FG these days, meaning you'd have to be a Full/Ultimate license holder to get access to them, or purchase them outside of FG and importing them yourself if you have another license.

If not, does the user license allow me as an Ultimate FGII user to create my own versions for use in my own FGII games? I would not look to distribute the tokens on mass outside of my games, but would need to share the tokens in play with the players.

Once again, many thanks.

The tokens I've created, that are being added to FG these days, are now to be treated as a part of FG. As long as the pog versions remain in your possession only, used by yourself as the GM/DM, it should be ok. Making the set of pogs available to anyone else to download would not be ok.

If you were a backer of my kickstarter and are entitled to receiving your own personal copies of the tokens/art kits, I see no problem in creating your own pog versions based on them, as long as they remain in your possession as described above, as these would be based on your personal copy and not the ones included in FG.

If you have acquired a commercial license to use them(from the $250 and above pledge rewards) , you would be able to distribute the pog tokens any way you'd like: freeware, shareware or as a paid for product.

The terms of use document included in the downloads I've already sent out to the backers should be more specific on derivative works and sharing.

Zeus
February 20th, 2013, 14:03
Many thanks for the clarification Shockbolt.

Callum
February 20th, 2013, 20:32
I'd like to second DrZeuss' request for pog versions of these fantastic tokens. That's the style I always use, and I'd really love to be able to mix these in with all my existing tokens. Thank you!

unerwünscht
February 20th, 2013, 22:44
Well based on what Shockbolt has said here, I am more than willing to do a pog conversion of all the tokens if smiteworks is willing to distribute them to the community, seeing as I don't have the license and they do.

Moon Wizard
February 21st, 2013, 01:10
If Raymond is okay with it, I like the idea. I use "pog" style in my games as well.

Regards,
JPG

xaoslaad
February 21st, 2013, 02:36
These are fantastic! :D

tdewitt274
February 21st, 2013, 05:02
Can the pog have some indicator as to the "bottom"? Possibly a thicker "bar" that runs along the bottom arc of the circle. That would be handy for when you want to have facing.

unerwünscht
February 21st, 2013, 06:16
I will draft up some example blank pogs tomorrow, and post them here so people can take a look and pick what the community likes best.

Zeus
February 21st, 2013, 09:35
I ran a batch through a homegrown Photoshop Action last night. The results I have to say are very good. All 140 monsters took about 2mins to process. By that I mean, apply a 400x400 brushed metal ring frame as the top layer and reduce to size of original token, apply a textured matt background as the bottom later, move the token image to centre of frame and clip any remaining token graphic outside the edge of frame, save and close.

Here's a view of a 256x256 blank pog.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8390/8494856954_f7f033b334_o.png

unerwünscht
February 21st, 2013, 10:12
I apparently can't post attachments on thread so I had to start a new one. Anyways, here are the quick example blanks I had promised, but it looks like DrZ has already beat me to the punch.

unerwünscht
February 21st, 2013, 10:13
I apparently can't post attachments on thread so I had to start a new one. Anyways, here are the quick example blanks I had promised, but it looks like DrZ has already beat me to the punch.
Cant edit here either. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=143646#post143646

Shockbolt
February 21st, 2013, 10:55
What I can do right away, is create the pog bases, so that they would match up with future versions made by myself.

Do they have to show some sort of facing direction, using overlay arrows?

Shockbolt
February 21st, 2013, 11:16
Releasing pog versions as usable modules in FG or anywhere else, would have to be restricted, to be done by myself, via Smiteworks.

I'm not trying to be an *** here, but I don't want to have derivative products competing against myself, once they are completed..

The terms of use agreement is still not 100% but it's getting there, this should cover the part in mention above, creating and using pogs based on the my tokens:

"b) Derivative works: You are not allowed to modify any or all parts of the contents and make them available as freeware, shareware or paid for products, as your own creations."

That said, I can create the bases today, receive help to put everything on them the way they should be, approve the final looks and have Smiteworks release them as pog modules to Full/Ultimate license holders.

Shockbolt
February 21st, 2013, 11:34
Thanks for the great feedback DrZeuss :)
I'll try and explain to the best of my ability:

If you have acquired a commercial license to use them(from the $250 and above pledge rewards) , you would be able to distribute the pog tokens any way you'd like: freeware, shareware or as a paid for product.

The terms of use document included in the downloads I've already sent out to the backers should be more specific on derivative works and sharing.

My ability to explain seems to be my weakest point..
Looking over the initial reply on pogs, I have given you a partially untrue answer, comparing it to the terms of use agreement. Creating pogs, and releasing them digitally would become a product too similar to the tokens themselves. I'm sorry for this, please don't hit me over the head...

I am still for creating pog versions for use with FG, with some help.

Shockbolt
February 21st, 2013, 12:28
The style I would prefer for them in the end, are bases that would match the type of creature displayed ontop. These are some crude examples, both with and without hastily made arrow pointers:

https://www.rpgartkits.com/Previews/exampleA01.png

https://www.rpgartkits.com/Previews/exampleB01.png

https://www.rpgartkits.com/Previews/exampleC01.png

Callum
February 21st, 2013, 13:07
Those look great, Raymond - thanks! Personally, I would say that there's a little too much detail in the base of the middle token, whereas the top and bottom one are both perfect. However, I'm more than happy to leave all those decisions up to you, as the artist!

One thing I would ask is that the tokens are made available without any arrows (or other obvious direction indicators), as facing is not used in many of the popular rulesets.

Moon Wizard
February 21st, 2013, 19:47
I agree with Callum about facing (which I do not use). Ultimately, facing should be a separate overlay. I believe DrZ had a prototype of an extension that added a facing widget (similar to the effect, name and health bar widgets).

Regards,
JPG

Zeus
February 21st, 2013, 23:33
I agree with Callum about facing (which I do not use). Ultimately, facing should be a separate overlay. I believe DrZ had a prototype of an extension that added a facing widget (similar to the effect, name and health bar widgets).

Regards,
JPG

Yes, moon is right. I have a 4E Enhanced Token Extension sat on the shelf that adds token direction indicators (widget overlays) and overrides the standard rotate left/right token functionality. Its implemented with a game option control so it can be enabled/disabled by the GM at will. I never released it as 4E had no real need for token facing (I just built it to see if it could be done) and moon updated FGII (to 2.9.2 I think) introducing token effect/status widgets. The two enhancements clashed and I never got around to reintegrating the two.

Not sure if 5E gameplay will benefit from token direction indicators so I have no plans to incorporate it into the new 5E ruleset but I will happily share the code if anyone wants to pick this up as an extension to another ruleset. Let me know.

As for my two pence on pog styles; I agree - simple lightly textured backgrounds are the way to go for VTT play. I very much like the first and last in the examples Raymond provided. Not sure if I like the overhang of the token over the lip of the pog frame as this sort of defeats the purpose of having the pog frame in the first place. Finally it goes with out saying that Raymond should reserve his right to producing the pog versions, the art is after all of his creation.

GMTroll
February 22nd, 2013, 02:43
Just update and I am these tokens are superb. :)

Congratulations to Shockbolt on with the kick-starter and the wonderful art you are creating that will enrich my games.

And a big thank you to Smite Works for their generosity to the FG community.

Looking forward to using these and more as they become available.

Shockbolt
February 22nd, 2013, 08:47
I'll set aside time this weekend to finish a set of pogs, that have texture underlays which doesn't compete with the tokens seen on them, making sure the tokens are 100% inside of the circle.

The finished arrow versions will be included outside of the pogs for anyone who'd want to use them.

I'll hand everything over to Doug/Smiteworks so they can be added as modules, the same way as done with the monsters/animals.

unerwünscht
February 22nd, 2013, 11:27
Just a suggestion here, but maybe a semi transparent cloudy glass effect for the background of the 'pogs'.

Shockbolt
February 22nd, 2013, 12:05
I'll make a few more examples based on the recent feedback and post those here, before I create the whole set of them. Afterall, you guys are the future users of them, and they should look the way you want them to do.

Shockbolt
February 23rd, 2013, 15:41
Pog background samples, I guess the lighter colored ones would be the best?

https://www.rpgartkits.com/Previews/pogs_sheet_01.png

JohnD
February 23rd, 2013, 17:20
Background which makes the creature stand out the most would be my pick.

tdewitt274
February 23rd, 2013, 17:54
I agree with JohnD. I think the Top Middle works the best. Light, and lets the monster spotlight.

saithan
February 23rd, 2013, 19:20
just wanted to say thanks for the work you already done I have already gotten fantastic use from then tokens and can see great value in them in the games to come!

Shockbolt
February 23rd, 2013, 19:45
Alrighty, I'll hand over the finished pog sets to Smiteworks tomorrow, the backgrounds will have slight color variations, to make each token stand out.

Shockbolt
February 23rd, 2013, 22:12
The character tokens are looking good as pog versions too. And here's not something you see every day, female fantasy characters with realistic looking armor :)

Human female adventurer/fighter to the left, Dwarf female rogue to the right:

https://www.rpgartkits.com/Previews/exampleD01.png

JohnD
February 24th, 2013, 00:25
The character tokens are looking good as pog versions too. And here's not something you see every day, female fantasy characters with realistic looking armor :)

Human female adventurer/fighter to the left, Dwarf female rogue to the right:

https://www.rpgartkits.com/Previews/exampleD01.png
What? No chain mail bikinis? What a travesty. :p

damned
February 24th, 2013, 01:01
shockbolt - your work is magical :)

damned
February 24th, 2013, 01:02
i dropped a few monster tokens on a map the players had previously visited last night and it was quite interesting - one player had gone back looking thru previous images - and we spent the next 15mins checking out your monsters :)

bennis1980
February 24th, 2013, 07:00
What? No chain mail bikinis? What a travesty. :p

I think that will come later in the explicit nude pack. But who wants to see a troll in a bikini :D

Archarion
February 24th, 2013, 14:43
I want to say I am really impressed with the monster art, and I'm looking forward to seeing what other tokens and map tiles you make.

As I was going through the monster pack, I came across a "gnoll". But the gnoll looks like a gnome. Is that a mistype? "monsters_gnoll_a_01"

Shockbolt
February 24th, 2013, 15:03
I want to say I am really impressed with the monster art, and I'm looking forward to seeing what other tokens and map tiles you make.

As I was going through the monster pack, I came across a "gnoll". But the gnoll looks like a gnome. Is that a mistype? "monsters_gnoll_a_01"

I'm basing the monsters/creatures tokens partially on the Rolemaster description of them, as a gamer/game master for many years using that rpg system myself. I've never played or been a DM using any other system, except for MERP.

D&D versions of gnolls where they look like humanoid dogs/hyenas and a few others will come later on (I might even add them to the base Fantasy art kit).

Quote from the Creatures & treasures Rolemaster book:
"Gnolls: Small (3' to 4' tall), wrinckled men with grey skin and little hair"

Archarion
February 24th, 2013, 22:10
Ah ok! Thanks for clearing that up. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. I seriously have been looking for this type of quality token artwork for a long time.

I was using little square portraits... but those just aren't as neat looking as what you've done.

JohnD
February 24th, 2013, 22:23
I think that will come later in the explicit nude pack. But who wants to see a troll in a bikini :D
Whatever floats your boat I guess. :o

Shockbolt
March 11th, 2013, 16:41
I'm working on the last few characters to make it into the base Fantasy art kit, half-orcs and elves.

A "part 2" release of all the fantasy characters + items/objects should happen before this weekend, being sent out to backers and VTT developers the usual way using TransferBigFiles

The remaining "part 3" will contain the rest of the artwork for the base Fantasy art kit: the terrains, floor/wall tiles, inventory objects, overlay decals etc. The final part, "part 3" should come out approx at the end of March.

bennis1980
March 13th, 2013, 09:10
I'm holding my breath patiently :o

demonsbane
March 16th, 2013, 19:53
Human female adventurer/fighter to the left

Very nice.

dm-crazy
July 8th, 2013, 17:59
thx dude for the tokens! :)

Ardem
July 10th, 2013, 08:27
Great Work as always, keep up the good work.

damned
October 15th, 2013, 01:37
Spamming this thread!

Fantasy Grounds Virtual Con 3 is here - plenty of player slots available and just enough time for GMs to add any new games! Follow my signature for more info!

leetsepeak
October 20th, 2013, 01:24
Where do you get the actual tokens? Apologies in advance for asking.

JohnD
October 20th, 2013, 02:46
They are in modules you open.

Trenloe
October 20th, 2013, 11:09
Where do you get the actual tokens? Apologies in advance for asking.
As JohnD says - you need to open the modules in the "Module Activation" screen (usually available from the library window - depending on which ruleset you are using). When opened a new token bag will appear in the token window - one new bag for each module opened.

Current token modules as part of this art pack are:

Animal Pogs
Animal Tokens
Character Pogs
Character Tokens
Monster Pogs
Monster Tokens

telecino
December 24th, 2013, 17:25
Where do I get the Fantasy Art Kit? Where do I buy it? The pledges don't work or I can't anymore, since the project is supposed to have been funded already. So where do I buy it? I want it... now... without waiting. Pelase?! How much $? Where?

Trenloe
December 24th, 2013, 17:38
Shockbolt (Raymond) the maker and distributor of the Fantasy Art Kits was having some issues with Norwegian taxes (VAT). Apparently, based off an update earlier this month, that has been sorted out in his favour and he will be making the kits available to purchase soon. See the updates on his site here: https://www.rpgartkits.com/?page_id=65

Griogre
December 24th, 2013, 17:42
Aside what is available in FG I don't think he is selling kits yet. He was waiting on getting some answers to having to charge VAT. You might want to check out this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17420-New-art-pack-coming-to-FantasyGrounds&p=164040&viewfull=1#post164040

Edit: Out typed by Trenloe....

Trenloe
February 3rd, 2014, 12:15
Good News for all those who missed the Kickstarter. Raymond has provided an update regarding the purchase of his art kits - these are now available directly from him and, according to the post, he is currently working with Smiteworks to get them in the Fantasy Grounds store: https://www.rpgartkits.com/?page_id=65

cr1ms0n
February 17th, 2014, 19:35
Perhaps I am missing something, but did these disappear with the upgrade to FG3.0? I had these in version 2, but had uninstalled and reinstalled FG after version 3 was released. These are not showing up for me now. I have a GM license.

Griogre
February 17th, 2014, 19:45
How you activate the token modules changed in FG3. Instead of activating them from the Library button then Modules button you now activate them by first pushing the Tokens button, then the Modules button on the bottom right of the Token box.

Welcome to the boards, by the way.

Irondrake
February 18th, 2014, 23:58
Is there an update on the rest of the art packs being available for Fantasy Grounds? I know I can purchase the art directly, but I intend to use it with Fantasy Grounds one way or another anyway.

cr1ms0n
February 23rd, 2014, 13:30
ah ha! Thank you Griogre.

How you activate the token modules changed in FG3. Instead of activating them from the Library button then Modules button you now activate them by first pushing the Tokens button, then the Modules button on the bottom right of the Token box.

Welcome to the boards, by the way.

phantomwhale
March 9th, 2014, 12:28
Has anyone noticed the Gnoll token...

...looks nothing like a Gnoll ?

Smiteworks / Shockbolt - any chance this is a simple naming error that can be fixed up in a future update ? I REALLY wanted a Gnoll token for my game next week :)

Ben (-PW-)

damned
March 9th, 2014, 12:41
the tokens are based on RMC (I think) rule-set and some of their monster descriptions are different to other fantasy games...
the kickstarter downloads also have your little fellow labelled as a gnoll but they also have this one too :)
https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/monster_gnoll_dnd_a_01.png

Trenloe
March 9th, 2014, 13:23
Yeah, they use the RMC creatures. Mentioned by Raymond here: https://www.rpgartkits.com/?tag=rolemaster

damned
March 9th, 2014, 14:07
thanks Trenloe - I knew Id read it somewhere!

phantomwhale
March 11th, 2014, 04:24
the tokens are based on RMC (I think) rule-set and some of their monster descriptions are different to other fantasy games...
the kickstarter downloads also have your little fellow labelled as a gnoll but they also have this one too :)
https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/monster_gnoll_dnd_a_01.png

Thanks guys - alas, I totally missed the kickstarter, so only have the tokens FGII provides currently.

Looks like I'll have to find a Gnoll stand-in...

Trenloe
March 11th, 2014, 05:15
Thanks guys - alas, I totally missed the kickstarter, so only have the tokens FGII provides currently.

Looks like I'll have to find a Gnoll stand-in...
You can buy them: https://www.rpgartkits.com/?page_id=401

seycyrus
March 13th, 2014, 00:48
Is there any work on that website that is NOT included with a full or ultimate license?

damned
March 13th, 2014, 00:54
im pretty sure that the Fantasy Grounds deal only includes the Base Fantasy Art Kit and it only includes it for use in Fantasy Grounds.
https://www.rpgartkits.com/?page_id=401

All the other kits would be extras - I think. Although this first post possibly suggests that the minimap art kit might be included or possibly the scope of the packs just changed over time?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17420-New-art-pack-coming-to-Fantasy-Grounds&p=133103&viewfull=1#post133103

Trenloe
March 13th, 2014, 00:56
Is there any work on that website that is NOT included with a full or ultimate license?
Only the Characters, Creatures, Monsters Folder 1 and Folder 2 from the "Base Fantasy & Minimap Art Kit" are included with Fantasy Grounds, the Items and Objects; Structure, Overlay and Terrain tiles; Water bodies from the base kit are not included with Fantasy Grounds.

All of the other kits are not included with Fantasy Grounds.

Targas
March 19th, 2014, 16:17
Only the Characters, Creatures, Monsters Folder 1 and Folder 2 from the "Base Fantasy & Minimap Art Kit" are included with Fantasy Grounds, the Items and Objects; Structure, Overlay and Terrain tiles; Water bodies from the base kit are not included with Fantasy Grounds.

All of the other kits are not included with Fantasy Grounds.

Does this mean the Characters, Creatures, Monsters Folder 1 and 2 are all critters available in the Base Fantasy Kit, or are there more (how many) monsters, etc. currently not part of the FG SW package?

Trenloe
March 19th, 2014, 17:27
Does this mean the Characters, Creatures, Monsters Folder 1 and 2 are all critters available in the Base Fantasy Kit, or are there more (how many) monsters, etc. currently not part of the FG SW package?
The list of everything included in the Base Fantasy Kit is included here: https://www.rpgartkits.com/?page_id=401

Fantasy Grounds comes with the tokens listed under Characters, Creatures, Monsters Folder 1 and 2. The rest in the list do not come with Fantasy Grounds.

seycyrus
March 19th, 2014, 22:08
In my FG "characters" token bag, I count 72 tokens. In the GMC fantasy art kit there are 72 tokens (12 each of 6 races). So that matches up.

However, in the GMC fantasy art kit, there are 3 versions of each token; quarter size,half size and full size (128,256,512 pixels respectively).

Likewise the number of animal tokens matches up, same with creatures.

Extra things that I have are a BUNCH of "items" tokens. These cover things like; jewelry,tools,weapons,foodstuff etc. Each one in each of the 3 pixels sizes I mentioned above.

I also have a huge amount of tilesets and a bunch of UI_elements.

ddavison
March 20th, 2014, 05:18
There are a few more bits and pieces of graphics that may be added to FG in the future; however, those are best saved for when we implement some of the wishlist items for graphics and maps.

-Doug

br0k30n3
March 29th, 2014, 02:47
Ok, so I know that I am as about as quick with wits as a rock. But since I have a full license then I should already have these ? Or this is available as an additional purchase to full and ultimate licensees ?

Trenloe
March 29th, 2014, 03:01
Ok, so I know that I am as about as quick with wits as a rock. But since I have a full license then I should already have these ? Or this is available as an additional purchase to full and ultimate licensees ?
The tokens listed in post #156 come with Fantasy Grounds as standard. You need to click the "modules" button in the "tokens" window and activate the relevant token modules (animals, characters or monsters).