PDA

View Full Version : Channel Divinity

Fot5
September 29th, 2012, 21:59
I've been having problems with Channel Divinity powers since the 2.9 update. Can someone explain to me the best way to put them onto a powers tab and use them in combat? I'm running into two problems: 1) when I use one of them, the others don't disappear or gray out and 2) the powers are now separated on the powers tab, so it is not easy to tell whether I've used one of them or not. I'm sure that there is a process that will make it easier to track uses of Channel Divinity, so I'm just looking for an explanation of that process.

Griogre
September 29th, 2012, 22:40
OK, from the top. Drag and drop two Channel Divinity Powers from the PH: Divine Fortune and Turn Undead into encounter powers. Open the clerics mini sheet. Check off one or the other and the unchecked one will disapear.

For this magic to happen both powers must have the Channel Divinity keyword with exact case and spelling. Next both powers only vanish when combat mode display is active. That is always true on the mini sheet. But on the actual character sheet its in in standard mode by default and still shows the unchecked Channel Divinity power. If you have a player that doesn't use the mini sheet either tell him to, or tell him to switch the character sheet to combat mode which will then hide the unused power as well the other one that is checked off.

So basically make sure the powers have the right keywords and then go into combat mode by using the mini sheet or setting the character sheet to combat mode.

Moon Wizard
October 5th, 2012, 03:41
Just updated the v2.9.2 beta to grey out Channel Divinity powers once the use limit is reached when viewing in Standard mode. It will be included with the next live release.

Regards,
JPG