PDA

View Full Version : Sharing portraits with players

daveculp
September 29th, 2012, 02:29
I have a whole bunch of portraits I want my players to be able to choose from. Where do I place them or what do I have to do so my players can see them and choose their portraits from them. Right now, I can see the portrait choices but my players can only see the 8 default choices.

jasonthelamb
September 29th, 2012, 02:44
I believe for a portrait each player has to have it in their FG directory.... I would suggest uploading the portraits to an album on photobucket and sharing them all with them.

AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\portraits

That's the basic location that everyone should have portraits at, with of course their hard drive and username preceding that.

Valarian
September 29th, 2012, 13:14
You can set portraits as a GM, but it's fiddly. Usually, the portraits come from the players as mentioned above.

To add as a GM, for pre-gen characters, you have to create a campaign and characters and then create a "portraits" folder in the campaign folder. The portrait files should go in to that folder with a name equivalent to the character id in the db.xml (e.g. id-00001), the files should be PNG with no extension.

Moon Wizard
September 30th, 2012, 01:33
In the 3.5E and 4E rulesets, the GM can select portraits for characters from the GM portraits directory. However, if you want the players to be able to select, they need to have the portraits installed on their local machine.

Regards,
JPG