PDA

View Full Version : The Public Playtest for the new unified Rolemaster

Dakadin
September 28th, 2012, 18:36
The new Rolemaster rules are available for public playtest. Here is a link to get more information:

https://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?topic=12081.msg151075#new

JohnD
September 28th, 2012, 19:40
Excellent... I'm really liking what I see so far.

Wonder if these new rules will make their way to FG.

:D

Dakadin
September 29th, 2012, 02:52
Excellent... I'm really liking what I see so far.

Wonder if these new rules will make their way to FG.

:D

That's the plan. I've already started working on it. ;)

Willot
September 29th, 2012, 03:41
Cool verry cool. I have to read through the documents yet

DHKnecht
September 29th, 2012, 19:24

Sounds awesome. Let me know if you need any help. I'll be writing extensively to ICE on their forums as their implementation and revisions continue. I'd be very willing to help with anything you want to source out, Dakadin.

bennis1980
October 1st, 2012, 13:45

Ooh juicy. Can't wait to get my claws on it. I've been extensively studying the new rules and plan to fully convert.

bennis1980 has become an acolyte of the church of RMU

JohnD
October 1st, 2012, 15:09
I hope ICE comes out with conversion guidelines for existing campaigns/characters.

We kind of already have some of that with the "a xx is what a 90 used to be" etc... but a more comprehensive guideline should be forthcoming.

I really like how it all seems very balanced in the DP assignment so no one character is over/disadvantaged through the luck of the roll.

Dakadin
October 1st, 2012, 20:21
@DHKnecht, thanks. I may take you up on that some time in the future.

@bennis1980, it is still at the early stages. We finished up character last weekend with what I had but it showed that I need to do a few other things to make things a bit easier when playing this weekend.

@JohnD, I would just use the bonuses to figure out stats. I think you are better off redoing the characters than trying to convert them though. I had my players remake them.

Willot
January 14th, 2018, 01:42

Might have to dust this off. Just read in latest Directors briefing that it is "inferred" we may get RMU at end or year if all goes to plan.

JohnD
January 14th, 2018, 04:49
It would be nice to see RMU finally. It would also be nice to have a brand new ruleset for FG too, with all the bells/whistles/functionality of FG circa 2018 compared to 5ish+ years previous. I'd certainly pay for it.