PDA

View Full Version : A general question about SW modules contents

DarkStar
September 26th, 2012, 10:59
Not sure if this was asked before, I scanned a few pages of forum threads but didn't see it. Perhaps it's a question about Fantasy Grounds rulesets & modules in general, but I'm really interested in Savage Worlds for now. When I buy the SW modules (Evernight, Deadlands et al) do I still need to own a copy of the setting book (paper or PDF) or is the whole book included in Fantasy Grounds module purchase? If so, is it part of the module or just a PDF to go along?

Blahness98
September 26th, 2012, 14:37
From my quick comparison between NE module and the book, it looks like the book has been transfered into the module. Same thing goes for Rippers, 50 Fathoms, and DL:R.

Griogre
September 26th, 2012, 18:53
I did the Evernight, 50F conversions and yes all the material is in the SW modules. Some things like the NPCs may be listed or re-listed slightly differently i.e. having all NPCs in with the "bestiary" to allow easy drag and drop onto the combat tracker.

Generally, for all FG licensed products the full content of the product is put into the modules. All of the SW stuff is fully licensed. On a practical level though, you might find it convenient to have the PDF of what you are running just for the "find" in text capability but it certainly isn't necessary.

Doswelk
September 26th, 2012, 19:33
As a converter of many, many, many SW products to FGII :) I can tell you that I have put everything into the modules/adventures/rulesets.

You do not need the PDF/book that I said I still like to have them as it is easier to read a book or PDF when mobile.

phantomwhale
September 27th, 2012, 00:30
All modules provide the whole book in FGII format - some (such as Deadlands: Reloaded *shameless self promotion*) add in extra ruleset functionality in the form of an "extension" which adds in new widgets and tools.

DarkStar
September 27th, 2012, 14:05
Awesome! Thank you for the replies, gentlemen. :) Sounds like one can save on the books, though a book is more convenient.

One more thing - would it be difficult to localize the character sheets? Say I have Polish players and would like to translate the English charsheet to Polish for our convenience. Playing from Polish books with an English FG module is awkward. :)

Griogre
September 27th, 2012, 19:12
I'll defer to PW on SW specifics but, unfortunately, FG's rulesets are not set up for easy localization. Text is embedded thoughout most rulesets instead of in one place and some text is also embedded in graphic elements.