PDA

View Full Version : Gimpy Characters...

Blackfoot
September 24th, 2012, 16:59
I was thinking it might be fun to play a totally gimped character for a few games...
A fighter with all his points in wisdom... or... whatever... anyway..

Anyone have any cool ideas for totally a totally gimpy character that might be really fun to play even though they really aren't effective at all?

lachancery
September 24th, 2012, 21:01
I was thinking it might be fun to play a totally gimped character for a few games...
A fighter with all his points in wisdom... or... whatever... anyway..

Anyone have any cool ideas for totally a totally gimpy character that might be really fun to play even though they really aren't effective at all?

Gnome rogue with all points in constitution.

Blackfoot
September 24th, 2012, 21:33
I came up with a few ideas...

A pacifist Tengu Monk of the Healing Hand... vow of 'peace'... only willing to deal nonlethal damage... focused primarily on defensive stuff.

A Dwarven 'Earth' Sorcerer. Good Con.. average stats... although I don't like the 'earth elemental' bloodline.. it seems to be all 'acid' rather than 'earth' the 'deep earth' one seems to be better.

A Gnome Fighter Tactician... 5 str but good int and cha... not really a 'fighter' more of a director... nice gnome magical abilities.

avro5731
September 25th, 2012, 00:11
Claw/Tail/Winged Tiefling Pally 7 st 20 dex 8 con 20 int 7 wis 5 chr take stealthy as a feat. Hes the Tiefling record keeper that was moved by a story to change his ways.

Syndrome
October 14th, 2012, 10:20
i once played a monk that didnt have any legs... was strapped to half orc barbarians back

Oberoten
October 14th, 2012, 11:12
A blind old magus, fully capable of destroying anything in front of him... if someone else aimed him in. ;)

House Flambeu for the Win. Especially when in their dotage. Hot tempered and rude.

Skellan
November 13th, 2012, 13:23
The vow of peace character sounds interesting. With GM rewards I could make him dead tough without ever having to kill anything hehe
It would be cool to roleplay it a bit and have a character that rarely leaves the office...

Gadreun
November 15th, 2012, 06:46
I once played a decrepit blind fighter/cleric/monk hybrid in a homebrew setting - monk robes and walking stick (quarterstaff) with stats LOW str 5 & Con 7 - HIGH dex & Wis - he was great fun (and not too gimped at all in a fight) til we TPK in a tavern when the Darwin award winning rogue tried to pick the pocket of a high level group who didnt have a sense of humour - i was the last man standing tho - and they still finished me off tho i was described as blind and weak! Weapon Finesse and blind-fighting for the win!

we rolled characters and were able to take -6 on a stat to add +3 to another (talk about min/maxing)

Blackfoot
November 15th, 2012, 17:15
The vow of peace character sounds interesting. With GM rewards I could make him dead tough without ever having to kill anything hehe
It would be cool to roleplay it a bit and have a character that rarely leaves the office...
I would think these characters would be all about 'fun to roleplay' so building them up with GM xp might take a lot of their fun opportunity away.

Skellan
November 15th, 2012, 20:09
Yeah, i am just thinking of giving a reason for the character to have exp despite not doing many scenarios