PDA

View Full Version : New Player LF group

Mastodon
September 24th, 2012, 04:59
Hey Guys, Im new to FG. Been a while since I've played tabletop rpg's, but i love them. I was HUGE on 2nd Ed D&D. I got into Rifts and Robotech/Battletech. Hit me up on skype. I'm gamermastodon.

Need some help installing too.

Ardem
September 24th, 2012, 07:42
Check the Game Calender, any apply to any of the one that is requesting players, that suit your style there are a number in their in your time zone you might be interested in.

dr_venture
September 24th, 2012, 20:37
Hey Mastodon, Welcome.

Another thing you want to let folks know is your availability to play. There are folks from all over the world playing, so it's best to indicate your time zone and if possible your preferred times & days of playing.

You did indicate your game experience, which is great. On the D&D 2e front, I'd suggest also checking out games in Castles & Crusades, which is apparently a combination of 2e combat and 1e everything else... it's very rules-lite, so it's pretty easy for a D&D 2e player to pick it up. Another you may hear of up here is OSRIC, which is almost a clone of 1e, if that's interesting to you. Both the OSRIC rule book and the FG ruleset are available free (and legit)!

If you're interested in a more roleplaying oriented game set in the semi-relistic old west (think Red Dead Redemption) then I have a game on alternating Fridays, 4:30 to 8:30 Pacific. The rules are pretty much Castles & Crusades,but with different classes, abilities, and weapons... but you'd pick up the rules quickly.

Good luck in your search!

Trenloe
September 25th, 2012, 08:46
Check this game: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=132866

Mastodon
September 27th, 2012, 01:35
Check this game: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=132866

Sounds great! I just posted there. Are you a participant in the group?

Trenloe
September 27th, 2012, 05:03
Are you a participant in the group?
No, I just saw the post around the same time you were asking about 2e.