PDA

View Full Version : Tables

Forsakensoul
September 23rd, 2012, 17:37
I have another noob question, so I will go ahead and apologize in advance:)

I have been experimenting with the table tab in Fantasy Grounds II, and I have a couple questions.

When I change campaigns can I bring the tables I created into the new campaign?
Does anyone know where the user generated table data is stored? This way I could manually import the tables that I created if needed.
Does anyone know if there are any shared commonly used community tables?

Tiqon
September 23rd, 2012, 19:26
I havent used tables myself, but isn't they exported when you make a module?

Trenloe
September 23rd, 2012, 20:01
As Tiqon said, you will need to use the /export functionality to export tables from a campaign into a module - then you can open this module in other campaigns and get access to the data.

Does anyone know where the user generated table data is stored? This way I could manually import the tables that I created if needed.
They are stored in the campaign db.xml file - under the <tables> tag. See the reply above for how to export tables from one campaign and use them in another.

I haven't noticed any around - but that doesn't mean there aren't any (I might have missed them).

Zeus
September 24th, 2012, 11:31
I have another noob question, so I will go ahead and apologize in advance:)

I have been experimenting with the table tab in Fantasy Grounds II, and I have a couple questions.

Yes. With your source campaign open, enter /export into the chat window as the host. This will open a window allowing you to name your module and edit the content types that you want to export. The module can then be used in multiple campaigns by simply activating/opening it. Tables from modules will be presented in the Tables window as new Categories (see the tabs at the bottom of the window). More information on /export can be referenced in the Documentation Library (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/library) under the specific ruleset your using.

All campaign data is stored as XML in the db.XML file in the campaign folder. The root node for table data is <tables>. Note: for module based tables the data is stored in the module client/db/common.xml files.

3.5E/Pathfinder and 4E come bundled with a Default Fumble & Critical Hit module of tables. Activate the module in the Library to access the tables.

I don't believe you will find 4E based tables due to the licensing restrictions for this particular version. For 3.5E and Pathfinder though there are bound to be some; its probably best to post a message in the respective sub-forums.

Bidmaron
October 31st, 2012, 06:19
What is the notes tab of a table intended for? (there aren't notes on other program functionality, like images, for example -- so someone put this on there with some specific usage in mind)

dr_venture
November 1st, 2012, 03:32
I believe that notes is just there as a place for ad-hock notes about the contents of the table. There are a lot of tables in RPGs that have asterisks and footnotes that describe or modify the table results depending on circumstances. My understanding is that the Notes field just gives you a place to include such info right with the table, as opposed to an external Text or Notes doc.

Bidmaron
November 1st, 2012, 03:43
Thanks, Dr_venture. Figured it was something like that, but you never know....