PDA

View Full Version : Need help with the lighting option

etherio
September 23rd, 2012, 05:40
Hi folks...I'm a noob. I'm using the Mutants and Masterminds 3 ruleset.

I started playing around with the lighting function today, and I can't seem to get it to work. With an image open, I open the lighting window and click on one of the 4 lighting options. The lighting window closes, but nothing changes. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I have a GM license. My players will be purchasing player licenses once I'm ready to start my campaign. I thought it might be the case that the lighting only shows up on the players' view.

Help!

Trenloe
September 23rd, 2012, 09:00
The lighting just changes the colour of the whole interface - it is not linked to a paricular image. It basically tries to change the atmosphere given to all users (players and GMs) by using "mood lighting" across the whole of the interface.

I don't have the M&M ruleset so I can't test how the lighting works. If it is not changing any colours then create a test 3.5E campaign and see how the lighting works for that ruleset.

etherio
September 23rd, 2012, 09:22
Much obliged.

I was so fixated on seeing an overlay or something appear on my image that I totally missed the slow, subtle change of color scheme.

Griogre
September 23rd, 2012, 23:02
It can actually be fairly effective. I never normally remember to use it, but during one FUM con I ran a module I created for the con and I actually put prompts to change the lighting for the various encounters into the module. As it was a jungle and underground setting it worked really well.