PDA

View Full Version : Character Sheet Error?

malvok
September 23rd, 2012, 01:13
I just got Fantasy Grounds and I've found what looks to be an error on the character sheet. I'm new to the program so I'm not sure.

There is a strange zero on the sheet in the combat tab that doesn't seem to fit. Here is a screenshot.

https://voxtyrannis.com/error.png

Anyone know what's up here?

Trenloe
September 23rd, 2012, 02:58
Your screenshot didn't get attached.

malvok
September 23rd, 2012, 03:02
Hmm, it shows up when I look at my post. I inserted it into the post,, not sure why it's not showing up.

I'll attach it here.

Blackfoot
September 23rd, 2012, 05:41
What ruleset are you running? This doesn't quite look like 3.5/PF... do you have any extensions loaded?

EDIT: Actually... I ran a 3.5 test in v2.9.1 with no extensions an it looked just like his screenshot. There would appear to be a bug there.

Trenloe
September 23rd, 2012, 10:14
It looks like it is part of the CMD section from PFRPG still showing. Keep the character sheet open, go to "Options" and change the "Game System" to PFRPG and you'll see the section under AC populate with CMD, turn it to 3.5E and you'll see this section disappear but the rogue 0 is still left - this is the CMD dodge bonus.

onSystemChanged in charsheet_tabcombat.lua is missing a line of code:
cmdacdodge.setVisible(bPFMode);

malvok
September 23rd, 2012, 11:54

I tried to extract the 3.5E.pak file with the FGPEMUtility.exe file from the downloads page but had some problems.

When I first tried to extract the .pak file, the program would only extract the following files:

base.xml
gameelements.xml
license.html
logo.png
calendar folder

The calendar folder only had calendar.xml and calendar_log.xml in it. It was missing the scripts sub-folder.

Then I ran FGPEMUtility.exe as administrator and most of the files were extracted. Unfortunately, the charsheet/scripts folder did not appear. I'm not sure what other files did not extract.

I then opened the .pak file with 7-zip and more files were extracted. I don't know if they all were, but at least the charsheet/scripts folder was.

I made your change and used FGPEMUtility.exe to repack the files. Everything seems to work.

Is there a problem with FGPEMUtility.exe?

Trenloe
September 23rd, 2012, 16:15
No worries - hopefully this will be incorporated into a future release of the 3.5E ruleset.

Is there a problem with FGPEMUtility.exe?
I don't use it personally. I usually don't have a problem extracting the .PAK files. One issue you may be having is extracting directly into the Program Files\Fantasy Grounds II folder as this will have restricted permissions. I usually copy the .PAK file to some temporary location on the hard drive and then use normal ZIP extraction files to extract the files under that temporary directory.

Moon Wizard
September 27th, 2012, 22:05
Thanks for the spot, and the legwork to find the issue.

I'll patch in the next v2.9.2 beta release.

Regards,
JPG