PDA

View Full Version : 4E Bug Encounter Level Effect No Longer effects Minion Damage

Griogre
September 22nd, 2012, 19:07
In the 4E Ruleset, I've notice that since minions stopped rolling that "fake" d6 damage, effects don't work on flat damage like from minions. I'm a big fan of the ability in the 4E ruleset of adding and lowering levels to monsters in the encounter setup window, but a DMG: effect doesn't effect damage that doesn't roll dice.

The fake die was originally added by the originally owners because of requests to make minion damage less obvious while playing a VTT instead of in a face to face game where you might roll a die behind the screen to mask the constant damage the first couple of hits. I'd like to see a return to rolling the "fake" die for that reason and so much the better if makes damage effects work for leveling and de-leveling minions. I would suggest that the fake dice be a d8 instead of a d6 and you roll 1d8 for heroic minions, 2d8 for paragon level minons and 3d8 for epic level minons, though.

Moon Wizard
October 5th, 2012, 03:43
Changed NPC attacks with fixed damage to apply all effect modifiers, and added a fake die to NPC fixed damage rolls when GM rolls are hidden. I used the d6 model again, since the code was ready to go.

This is in the v2.9.2 beta now.

Regards,
JPG