PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5E Forgotten Realms - Adventures in Aglarond

Oak
September 20th, 2012, 19:22
Its a time of great anxiety in Aglarond, as enemies both known and unknown move throughout the land. Trade with the land of Thay remains brisk, but guarded, as years of fighting has created an understandable unease. Still, conclaves have been established in the capital Velprintalar and Glarondar. Movement within the Umber Marshes have put the men of the Watchwall on alert and increased activity amongst the "privateers" on the Inner Sea has drawn much of the country's military.

Whispered threats of civil unrest amongst the humans of the country at the frequent disappearances of the country's ruler the "Simbul" and the new alliances with the mithral elves of the Yuirwood have begun to be spoken in far more public places than people have been willing to speak of in years. These movements have been rumored to be centered around a solitary figurehead, though no one is speaking that name aloud as of yet.

You and a group of like-minded individuals have traveled to Glarondar to answer the call for additional help to aid the Watchwall. The promise of a hefty sum of thick gold coins has helped motivate you, though the thought and promise of adventure is also amazingly motivating. What adventures await, we soon shall see...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the game itself, I'm using Forgotten Realms, D&D 3.5 rules. I'm looking for 3-5 players to adventure in Aglarond and the Unapproachable East. Familiarity with the realms is suggested, but not mandatory. The starting year is 1372DR, which is before the Spellplague (and the advent of 4E). I do not plan on pursuing the Spellplague as active history (meaning that timeline will not be used in the campaign).

Im looking for players willing to commit to a long term campaign. We are looking to play Wednesday nights from 6 -10 pm EST (though we may move the times if necessary - times / dates are not set in stone yet). This will be a combination of roleplaying and combat, likely to switch focus from one chapter to the next.

I'm going to require that all applicants have a written background for their character detailing the characters background, motivations, family, etc. I'm more than happy to work with an applicant to flesh out their character with specifics, but I'd like to get a basic idea of what the character has accomplished to date, what are their motivations, dreams, aspirations, etc. In the interest of party cohesion, I will not be accepting of characters of evil alignment.

Classes and races out of PHB and FG sourcebooks (we will have to make sure that the class has been edited to 3.5E), +0 ECL, Start at level one, max hp, Stats: 4d6 (x6) drop the lowest, max starting gold plus regional equipment.

I am reachable through this thread, PM on the forum, via email ([email protected]) and/or skype IM (ksfulk). Also, I am a full license user, so you must have lite license or greater to play in this game.

DancerTheBrave
September 23rd, 2012, 02:42
I would love to join!!!I am new to this site though and would need help using the game board.

Oak
September 23rd, 2012, 11:34
Shoot me an email or catch me on im so we can talk about it.

Oak
September 23rd, 2012, 23:21
Link to the calendar post:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=895

We have two positions left to fill, mage type and healer type. First game session is October 3rd.

balrik
September 24th, 2012, 02:14
sigh I have interest but can not join another game....edited post from original

DancerTheBrave
September 24th, 2012, 15:34
How do you want me to roll up my character do we do it in the game room?
If i'm supposed to do it myself do you use a specific character sheet site?

Oak
September 24th, 2012, 16:10
How do you want me to roll up my character do we do it in the game room?
If i'm supposed to do it myself do you use a specific character sheet site?

I'm actually looking for character concepts, and not character sheets at the moment. I'll pick the concepts I like the best and then we'll work on sheets and specifics. Make sure I get your character idea so it can be considered. I hope to go through character concepts on wednesday.

Oak
September 27th, 2012, 18:30
The game is pretty well filled, though I am looking for a healing cleric to fill out the party. Please send me an PM on these forums, a note to my email address or message me via skype IM to talk. Signing up on the calendar with nothing else will remove you from consideration. Game starts in a few days, so get your submissions in ASAP!

Thanks!

RangerOps
September 27th, 2012, 22:38
I'd be happy to roll up a character with your team and begin adventuring. I'll send you a PM with the characters background on how he came to be who he is.

Oak
September 28th, 2012, 07:06
Campaign is now filled. Thanks to everyone that expressed their interest!

Oak
October 5th, 2012, 11:15
Reopening the game to accept one more player. Please submit character concepts via this forum or through a contact method in the above posts to be considered. As a note, you must have at least a lite license to play in this game. Just about any type of class would suffice, though melee focused is slightly more desirable at the moment (no monks!)

Ksathra
October 5th, 2012, 14:52
I'd be interested in Joining, Wrote and PMed a background for Nagano.

Oak
October 8th, 2012, 23:21
The game is now filled. Thanks all for your interest!

Oak
November 15th, 2012, 03:13
Reopening the game for another applicant. We are looking for a player that is looking to add a character to our highly developed party and add to our good times. Im most interested in either a primary caster (Wizard / Sorceror) or a combat/buff cleric. Knowledge of Forgotten Realms (3E - NO SPELLPLAGUE) is essential. Please send me a PM / email / Skype IM to discuss character concept.

I look forward to hearing from you!

-Kris

Redruum
November 15th, 2012, 13:42
Hi, i would love to join up. I would be comfortable playing either wizard, sorcerer, or cleric. Im familiar with forgotten realms, ahve done a couple campaigns with it. If your still looking, i would love to join up

Oak
November 21st, 2012, 00:28
PMs have been replied to and invitation have been sent out. However, I have yet to have someone respond to me. Applications are still being accepted. Note that if you simply add yourself to the calendar without sending me a PM or an email, I'm assuming you cant read directions and that you arent really interested.

Oak
December 5th, 2012, 16:09
Bump - still looking for another player.

Garignak
December 6th, 2012, 09:08
I'm interested! I can play just about anything if needed.

Phantom Evo X
December 7th, 2012, 18:50
Oak, did this fill up?

Oak
December 7th, 2012, 19:36
Not yet - Ive gotten lots of inquiry, but I havent gotten much in the way of response yet. Could use a fighter type or a strong mage. Really anything at this point. Core rulebooks and FRCS only. Level 5 to start. No prestige classes to begin with. I can respond faster to an email if you have questions.

-Kris

[email protected]

Phantom Evo X
December 7th, 2012, 20:33
Sent you an email, good sir.

Garignak
December 9th, 2012, 09:08
Got it. Replied to your email address.

Syndrome
December 13th, 2012, 22:37
sent you an email... whats the party layout atm?

Oak
December 14th, 2012, 02:42
Campaign is filled up at the moment. Thanks for your interest!

Oak
January 5th, 2013, 00:47
Applications are being accepted for a rogue-type character. Note that if you simply add yourself to the calendar without sending me a PM or an email, I'm assuming you cant read directions and that you arent really interested. Core rulebooks and FRCS only. Level 5 to start. No prestige classes to begin with. I can respond faster to an email if you have questions.

-Kris

[email protected]

Syndrome
January 5th, 2013, 10:16
sent ya an email

Oak
January 24th, 2013, 04:27
Applications are being accepted for a Fighter or Mage character. Note that if you simply add yourself to the calendar without sending me a PM or an email, I'm assuming you cant read directions and that you arent really interested. Core rulebooks and FRCS only. Level 6 to start. No prestige classes to begin with. I can respond faster to an email if you have questions.

I'd really like someone thats 1.) going to actually show up each week and 2.) someone that enjoys roleplaying AND combat. There's a healthy mix of each in the campaign.

-Kris

[email protected]

Oak
May 13th, 2013, 05:37
A bit of real life has caught up with our group and it seems like we could use another body. The group is lacking a true front liner, but we have a pair that are making up for it. Our rogue is on hiatus, but we have a pretender as well. So, basically anythings a go at this point. The group has been playing together since the early levels (two original players) and the game is well ensconced in the Forgotten Realms and tied intimately to the character backgrounds. That being said, I'm not looking for filler, I want to add some "crunch" to the group.

I'd like a background with a bit of creativity and depth. If you arent interested in character development, then please dont apply. I want to add substance, not another body. If the game premise interests you, feel free to email/PM/IM me - best is either emailing me directly or IMing me on Skype. I'll get back to you the fastest that way.

Note: If you just add yourself to the calendar without sending me a PM or an email, I'm assuming you cant read direction and that you arent really interested.

Core Rulebooks and Forgotten Realms Handbooks only. Starting at level 10.

Oak
May 19th, 2013, 23:14
All character slots have been filled for the moment. I appreciate all of the applications.

dragon1976
May 20th, 2013, 10:38
ok if you have space let me know as well red box d&d player old days

Oak
November 15th, 2013, 03:57
Evening Folks -

The campaign is humming right along, and we find that the group is without a rogue/skillmonkey and a true mage. Im opening the campaign up to new blood. This campaign has been running for about 14 months now, and has two of the original four players. The story is quite complex and involved at the moment, but that can be hashed out once we get rolling a bit. Here's what we're looking for.

1.) A player that is available Wednesday evenings (6pm - 10pm EASTERN TIME). Please dont apply if you are only available for part of this time, every other wednesday or have some horrible inability to be in front of your computer for more than 20 minutes at a time. We play just about every Wednesday night, and we start up right at 6 and play until 10pm or slightly there after.

2.) Have a familarity with the Forgotten Realms - This game is wrapped around the Faerunian pantheons and the geography of the Unapproachable East (specifically Aglarond and Thay) so its important to have some idea of what is being talked about within the confines of the game.

3.) I'd like a character concept emailed to me. It doesnt have to be anything really elaborate, but just a general sense of what you want to play, and how you would play the character. Im interested in meshing well with the established group, and roleplaying and character development is important not only to me, but also to the game and to the other players. We're currently supporting a party composed of: Cleric of Lathander (Healer/Smiter), Paladin/Sorceror, Fighter/Zealot, and a Psionicist (Glass Cannon). We are without a skill monkey and dont have a true mage (we have some magic, but not real magical utility). The group is good and mostly lawful and is currently embroiled in some nasty business with the denizens of the Nine Hells.

Starting level is going to be about level 12, classes and races out of FRCS / PHB.

My email address is: [email protected]. Please include "Adventures in Aglarond Character Concept" in the subject line so it doesnt get kicked into my spam folder. I will check my PMs here as well, but not as frequently as I check my email. Feel free to shoot me any questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!

-Kris

Ienai
November 16th, 2013, 18:56
Hey everyone! Oak is an amazing DM! I had to duck out because the times didn't work for me anymore.

Best of luck Oak!

gaara6666
November 20th, 2013, 19:27
well threw my hat in on Skype to you oak with my credentials and complete availability for every week

Oak
November 22nd, 2013, 00:24
Mage role has been filled, but we are still looking for a rogue-ish fellow for some trap finding goodness.

DwarfLord
November 30th, 2013, 22:52
I can do rogue. I have played FR for over 20 years... I was thinking Rogue/Mage Arcane trickster ... but since your mage role is filled can run a any kind of rogue you want. I still; prefer arcane trickster though https://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20070206

Oak
February 12th, 2014, 01:21
Looking for another player (possibly 2) to jump in on a RP/dungeon crawl haul through a demon infested former cathedral to Lathander. Two of the current characters have been playing since the game started well over a year ago, and the other players are quite long term as well. If you are looking for a game that has emphasis on character building and becoming part of the story, rather than just killing a bajillion bad guys, I suggest taking the time to read through the beginning of this thread and seeing if it piques your interest. Game times are every WEDNESDAY NIGHT 6PM - 10PM EST. If you cant make those times completely, then please dont apply. This is a 3.5E Forgotten Realms based game. Please email me at: [email protected] if you are interested in playing, and we can talk about what the game is all about and how your character concept might fit in.

Current party lineup:

Human Cleric of Lathander
Human Paladin/Sorceror
Human Fighter / Servant of Ao
Dragonborn Psionicist

and a bevy of cohorts: Brass Dragon Fighter, Former Red Wizard/Initiate of the Seven Veils, and a Rashemi Berserker!!!

A rogue would make a welcome addition to the team, as would a ranger/hunter type. All of the current characters are around level 11-12.

Oak
March 25th, 2014, 12:08
Figure I should bump my own thread. I am still looking to add a fifth player to the campaign. If you are simply curious, please let me know, and I'm more than happy to have someone observe a session before you join to determine if you would enjoy yourself!

Rogue would be most welcome, as would a ranger/hunter type. Current characters are ~ level 15. We are coming into the last real "easy" place to add new characters to the mix. IF interested, please send me an email at: [email protected].

Game time is every week, WEDNESDAY 6PM - 10PM EST. If you cant make those times, please dont apply!

Thanks!
-Kris

Andrepartthree
March 25th, 2014, 15:08
Figure I should bump my own thread. I am still looking to add a fifth player to the campaign. If you are simply curious, please let me know, and I'm more than happy to have someone observe a session before you join to determine if you would enjoy yourself!

Rogue would be most welcome, as would a ranger/hunter type. Current characters are ~ level 15. We are coming into the last real "easy" place to add new characters to the mix. IF interested, please send me an email at: [email protected].

Game time is every week, WEDNESDAY 6PM - 10PM EST. If you cant make those times, please dont apply!

Thanks!
-Kris

Wanted to give Oak some well deserved praise :) ... I have a bad habit of launching a zillion e-mails at a prospective GM ... what can I say I get over enthusiastic :P ... despite what is no doubt a hectic schedule on his end (if you join his campaign you'll see what I mean due to his in-FG-game-session-comments ;) ) he actually took the time to not only read but respond to all my e-mails, promptly - and I'm talking like walls and walls of text here :P ... from what I've seen on FG that's a pretty damn rare thing to find in GM's ;) (not that I should criticize FG GM's in general they deserve praise simply for putting up the time and effort to run a campaign in the first place :) ) ... his players also seem to be a really nice group of people in general based on what I have seen :) ...