PDA

View Full Version : Call of Cthulhu Interest Check

cpbs
September 19th, 2012, 16:30
Its been a while since I have hosted a game, I should possible get up to speed on the new updates to the program. But I am in a position now where I can possibly host a CoC game in the coming month.

I am here looking for any kind of interest. I am located in Texas in the United States, my time difference is GMT -5. I would be looking to start around 6-7 pm my time on week days or anytime on weekends and then play for 2-3 hours, maybe more on the weekends.

I hope to have the game progress quickly although I do leave most of the progression of investigating up to the investigators, so it could take a while to finish a game. If we move at quick pace it should only take 2-3 sessions to finish the adventures.

I do not have an over all campaign that I am wanting to play, just some horror ideas I have created over the time of playing CoC. So with that said these games are mostly homebrew with a little book support thrown in for random encounters if the investigators get off the path.

Right now I have written about 5-6 pages of a background and trying to put the supporting information from the CoC rulebook to make it work, to a story idea I have created. It revolves around the missing crew of the Carroll A. Deering (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carroll_A._Deering)(Wiki Link) and the hiring of investigators to solve the mystery. So with the time period of the ship being in the 1920's, that is the time frame of the adventure.

So think of ghost ships, ocean monsters, small coastal villages and dark things in the night when thinking of your character, if you decided to play.

If I receive enough interest, I will move forward with creating more of the background story and porting it over to FGII. If continued interest is received I will open a game calender page and post game time and date that everyone can agree on. We should expect to start playing in 3-4 weeks if everything works out.

I will possibly use Skype/TeamSpeak3 as a background meet and greet with everyone before each game starts but I prefer to use the games in chat program, using typed whispers, as it sets the ambiance to the horror when people go insane. As then not everyone knows what is going on.

So send me a private message or post here if you are interested. I am willing to be flexible but not too flexible on the best time possible.

Thanks again for looking.

cpbs
September 21st, 2012, 04:34
I guess right now there is low interest. I will try and keep this in my mind for the future and I'll keep on checking this for the next month or so. So if you are interested please post. I'll keep a look out.

Ardem
September 21st, 2012, 08:24
A day is not long enough to decide on interest, about 1 to 2 weeks will get your gauge as people do not visit the forums daily. I know my game took a few weeks and then more as I started with a 2-3 people it grew from that.

I would be interested but the time zone is all wrong for me. But hang in there bud.

John_Geeshu
September 21st, 2012, 17:01
Interested. Very interested. Same time zone as yourself. I would strongly prefer a weekly weeknight session to weekends. Check the CoC forum as well.

What Ardem said about measuring interest is correct. The patience of weeks rather than days is required. CoC is a popular rule set so it is only a matter of time.

cpbs
September 22nd, 2012, 15:13
Thanks for the advise. I will keep on checking back. And I think I played with you John_Geeshu in the past, with Master (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?u=10934).

Thanks again.

John_Geeshu
September 22nd, 2012, 17:56
Yep. I was thinking the same thing.