PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Game Discussion Thread.

Blackfoot
September 19th, 2012, 13:26
This thread is for general discussion of upcoming games. If people subscribe to it they can be included in discussions about which games might be good to run, time slots work well for people, and other sorts of general game related discussions.

The idea here is to give an appropriate alternate to posting to the 'Announcements' thread.

Mgrancey
September 19th, 2012, 18:01
Unfortunately, weekends are generally bad for me, work or plans. I won't be ready by this saturday, I am attending a Gamerati gameday in Jamestown, PA on the 29th and after that is too far to tell.

Skellan
September 21st, 2012, 02:39
I have an eye on running a pathfinder scenario or two in the future. I am a little way of yet as I need to get used to the system moreer i am on the lookout for scenarios to get and make into fg modules. Has anyone got any suggestions for wha I should get? It would be nice to get something that hasnt been run on fg before.
Ideas welcome :)

Blackfoot
September 21st, 2012, 05:18
I have an eye on running a pathfinder scenario or two in the future. I am a little way of yet as I need to get used to the system moreer i am on the lookout for scenarios to get and make into fg modules. Has anyone got any suggestions for wha I should get? It would be nice to get something that hasnt been run on fg before.
Ideas welcome :)
How about something with goblins, orcs, or kobolds?

Skellan
September 21st, 2012, 10:23
Sounds good, i will start there.
Do you think it would worth me starting a 'module check thread' where we could see what pathfinder society scenarios the community has got?

Trenloe
September 21st, 2012, 15:55
Do you think it would worth me starting a 'module check thread' where we could see what pathfinder society scenarios the community has got?
That's a good idea - a thread where GMs can list modules they've prepared so if players really want to play a specific scenario they can make a request to a GM to run it.

Note: we can't share Pathfinder Society scenarios we have prepared as Fantasy Grounds adventure/campaign modules with other members of the community as this would be an infringement of copyright.

Blackfoot
September 21st, 2012, 15:59
This is the table I built for the yahoo group...

"Scenario", "Blackfoot", "Nestor", "Talwynor/Talen", "Talysian", "Trenloe", "Gwaihir Scout", "Ragnarok", "Mgrancey","wyld_windsworn"
"0-01: Silent Tide", "", "", "", "", "X", "", "", "",""
"0-02: Hydra's Fang Incident", "", "", "", "", "X", "", "", "",""
"0-07: Among the Living", "", "", "", "", "X", "", "", "", "X"
"0-24: The Decline of Glory", "", "X", "", "", "", "", "", "",""
"1-29: The Devil We Know Part I: Shipyard Rats", "", "X", "", "", "", "", "", "",""
"1-45: Delirium's Tangle", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "X",""
"1-49: Among the Dead", "", "", "", "", "X", "", "", "", "X"
"2-01: Before the Dawn—Part I: The Bloodcove Disguise", "", "", "", "", "X", "", "", "",""
"2-02: Before the Dawn—Part II: Rescue at Azlant Ridge", "", "", "", "", "X", "", "", "",""
"3-01: Frostfur Captives", "", "", "X", "", "", "X", "X", "",""
"3-05: Tide of Twilight ", "", "", "X", "", "", "", "", "",""
"3-07: Echoes of the Overwatched", "", "", "X", "", "", "", "", "",""
"3-21: The Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment", "", "", "", "", "", "X", "", "X",""
"3-EX: The Cyphermage Dilemma", "", "", "", "", "X", "", "", "",""
"4-01: Rise of the Goblin Guild", "", "", "X", "", "", "", "", "",""
"4-02: In Wrath’s Shadow", "", "", "X", "", "", "", "", "",""
"4-03: The Golemworks Incident", "", "", "X", "", "", "", "", "",""
"First Steps\, P1", "X", "X", "X", "X", "", "X", "", "",""
"First Steps\, P2", "X", "X", "X", "X", "", "X", "", "",""
"First Steps\, P3", "X", "X", "X", "", "", "X", "", "",""
"Godsmouth Heresy", "X", "", "", "", "", "", "", "",""
"Master of the Fallen Fortress", "X", "X", "", "", "", "", "", "",""
"We Be Goblins!", "X", "X", "", "", "", "X", "", "",""
"Any Other Scenario", "", "", "", "", "X", "", "", "",""

Skellan
September 21st, 2012, 18:30
That's really helpful. I have a better idea of what to get. The pdf's are cheap enough to buy

Gwaihir Scout
September 21st, 2012, 18:48
In addition to what's already listed, I have 3-01 The Frostfur Captives done, and I'm working on 3-21 The Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment.

I know that somebody (Talen?) has 4-01 Rise of the Goblin Guild. I don't remember any others.

lachancery
September 21st, 2012, 19:58
Note: we can't share Pathfinder Society scenarios we have prepared as Fantasy Grounds adventure/campaign modules with other members of the community as this would be an infringement of copyright.
If GM1 can provide proof of purchase of a scenario to GM2, who had already converted the scenario into FG, couldn't GM2 send his FG campaign to GM1 without infringing on copyrights?

I'm asking that as a way of reducing the "barrier to GMing". I take an example of myself, who would GM PFS games, but I haven't had time to transfer any scenario into FG yet.

Blackfoot
September 21st, 2012, 21:34
I updated the table a bit... I'm sure there are plenty that I'm missing.
GM Scenarios Database (https://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/fg2pfs/database?method=reportRows&tbl=4)

This table is really cool to a point. It maxes out at 10 GMs. I apologize for those I've left out.

Trenloe
September 21st, 2012, 22:14
If GM1 can provide proof of purchase of a scenario to GM2, who had already converted the scenario into FG, couldn't GM2 send his FG campaign to GM1 without infringing on copyrights?
In theory, redistribution of *any* material from a Pathfinder product that is not "open content" is an infringement of copyright - even if it is between two people who have both purchased the material. Note - the exception to this is information released as part of the Paizo community use policy. (https://paizo.com/paizo/about/communityuse)

In practice, would any publisher make an issue about two product purchasers exchanging information between themselves relating to the product they purchased? Probably not, but it would still be an infringement of copyright.

Skellan
September 25th, 2012, 01:11
Ok, I am thinking of running the Tide of Twilight pathfinder society scenario. I wanted to see if there is any interest in a game that would run at 7pm Gmt on a weekday probably wednesday. i already have one player

Trenloe
September 25th, 2012, 05:38
Ok, I am thinking of running the Tide of Twilight pathfinder society scenario. I wanted to see if there is any interest in a game that would run at 7pm Gmt on a weekday probably wednesday. i already have one player
I'd recommend you pick a day to run this (give a few days notice) and then advertise the game as normal - please follow these instructions: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17107

Players subscribe to the game announcement thread (please only post there with a single post announcing your game and linking to your calendar entry and specific discussion thread you create) and so that is the best way to get feedback on dates/times from interested players. I think you won't have a problem getting players so pick a time that is good for you and go for it! :)

Talen
September 25th, 2012, 12:48
I have the following converted that I would be willing to run, schedule permitting.

Intros

Intro 1: First Steps—Part I: In Service to Lore
Intro 2: First Steps—Part II: To Delve the Dungeon Deep
Intro 3: First Steps—Part III: A Vision of Betrayal

Season 3:

3-01: The Frostfur Captives
3-05: Tide of Twilight
3-07: Echoes of the Overwatched

Season 4:

4–01: Rise of the Goblin Guild
4–02: In Wrath’s Shadow
4–03: The Golemworks Incident

Skellan
September 25th, 2012, 15:50
Great thanks. I will get myself sorted out and just announce something shortly.
I think I will run something different to Tide of Twilight as it would be nice to run something that isn't already on FG

Emrak
September 25th, 2012, 22:03
Subscribing to this thread to keep track of the tween/teen game (as mentioned in another thread).

Djmaxx
September 25th, 2012, 22:46
Great thanks. I will get myself sorted out and just announce something shortly.
I think I will run something different to Tide of Twilight as it would be nice to run something that isn't already on FG

I would like to be apart of the game if there is room (CDT) any time is good for me but after 8:00 PM is best its when the kids go to bed

Blackfoot
October 5th, 2012, 18:29
I can't really say enough how important it is for players who sign up for games with the group to post to the thread for that game as soon as possible.
It allows them to be part of all discussion related to that game and get email messages regarding game changes or requirements.

It is also the place where players can post up files with their character info so that GMs can properly prepare for upcoming games.

Please, new members, be sure and post to the game threads when you sign up for a game.
Tirade over...
Blackfoot

Blackfoot
October 9th, 2012, 17:11
There are a lot of low level folks signed up on the calendar who are not posting to the threads or uploading characters. I'm guessing that they aren't reading the instructions on how these games are supposed to work.
I will put up an offering for First Steps-Part 3 sometime next week.
(my game schedule this week is pretty insane)
Hopefully that will give some of the newbies a chance to play.
The 'First Steps' scenarios need not be played in order, and they only relate to each other in a VERY superficial way so it really makes no difference which you do first.