PDA

View Full Version : Numenera

Blahness98
September 17th, 2012, 02:32
Since this kickstarter from Monte Cook is closing in a few hours, I figured I'd throw it up and let people take a look. It does seem to be an interesting setting. See here (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1433901524/numenera-a-new-roleplaying-game-from-monte-cook) for more details.

Valarian
September 17th, 2012, 07:53
I'm signed up for the ebooks. Looks very interesting, with the setting suitable for sci-fi, post-apocalyptic or fantasy games. I'll probably pick up a hard copy of the corebook once it hits the shops here in the UK.

Doswelk
September 17th, 2012, 08:19
I've just signed up a well (to get a print book shipped). Looks interesting though knowing me I'll just rip the fluff and play it in Savage Worlds :)

Moon Wizard
September 19th, 2012, 00:18
I got to try a playtest of Numenara while I was at Gencon, and I've had lunch a few times with Monte. I really like what I see, and it should be a fairly straightforward port to FG, since his whole approach is to keep things simple for the GM. Just read his segment on Numenara NPCs.

I plan to get my group to play once the playtest is further along.

Cheers,
JPG

Valarian
September 19th, 2012, 18:50
I'm jealous, I couldn't afford the playtest option. I signed up for the ebooks instead. There's a lot there, a full year of planned product.

From what I can see of the design notes on the Numenera website (https://www.numenera.com/numenera-character-creation-basics/), the character sheet for FG2 should be easy. I'm a _______ _______ who ________s. With some notes. Might be just a little more involved than that. There's the base stats (https://www.numenera.com/stats-and-training-in-numenera/) and perhaps some trainings.

Moon Wizard
September 19th, 2012, 19:10
It's a bit more involved, but definitely a simpler character sheet than most systems. There are still several selections to be made after the core "themes" have been selected.

I found it very interesting that the "I'm a _______ _______ who ________s." helped set up a lot of role-playing in alpha playtest. The descriptors basically help players riff off the core character ideas. I'm hoping that carries over to the final game.

I'm hoping to convince Monte to let us do something official with FG, since I want to do this too.

Regards,
JPG

Valarian
September 19th, 2012, 20:41
I'm hoping to convince Monte to let us do something official with FG, since I want to do this too.
That would be awesome. I hope you manage to convince him.

morgurth
March 11th, 2013, 14:10
I'm really looking forward to Numenera. I backed the kickstarter I really want to get a look at the system. It would be really cool if he would allow it to be officially supported on FG.

Mgrancey
March 12th, 2013, 00:21
Yep, can't wait for the Summer and arrival of it.

bennis1980
March 13th, 2013, 09:08
I saw this Kickstarter when it was too late. Looks good. I like the way "magic" is dealt with.

Bleak Midwinter
April 12th, 2013, 19:53
So Torment: Tides of Numenera just had the most successful Kickstarter for a game ever. If FG2 can get official blessing to have Numenera things, the release of the game and the hype around it could prove a blessing.

(Especially if FG2 gets onto Steam!)