PDA

View Full Version : Interest check

Karrth
September 16th, 2012, 15:21
I have been working on a campaign for D20 future put in the Setting called Elysium nebula. It's fan created matarieal thats floating around the wizards of the coast forum.

Here is link to the setting on the the forum: Linky (https://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19878162/Elysium_Nebula_-_Epic_Sci-Fantasy_Campaign_Setting)

A word of warning, after wizards of the coast made changes to their forum a few years back many of the links don't work anymore but the first post should give you an idea of what the game setting is all about. Plus all the PDF file links should work, if not I have them and I should be able to share them with you, if needed.

The game I'm working on will see the players work for the URE goverment as highly trained agents set with a task. At first it will seem simple enough but as the time goes on they will find themselves in a large net where right and wrong seem to be blurred.

Their initial task will to be retrive a three parts of an artifact from the First Illithid war. What happens after that will be up in the air and depend on the choices of the players.

Karrth
September 16th, 2012, 15:28
I will update the above post with information, I was a tad bit fast on the keyboard and posed it with no real information... Sorry about that.

Karrth
September 17th, 2012, 12:26
It has occurred to me that I've not given people a lot to work with here. So I will be updating the thread with information in the coming posts and by that I hope to gather more interest.

Karrth
September 17th, 2012, 12:36
The players will be working for the URE and below is the information that is available in the players guide. (Which can be downloaded HERE (https://www.box.net/shared/1onnyneage) This is a free PDF and legal to share as long as one does not make money of it.)

The United Republic of Elysium
Also Called: The Republic or the United Republic, the URE, Urea

Elysia Prime; once the home world of the Elves; is now the capital world of the vast interplanetary state that is the dominant human power in the Elysian System. The planet was taken during the Illithid Wars because of its tactical significance within the Solaris System, and it was declared the Capital World of the URE (United Republic of Elysium). URE represents the oldest and most ancient of the 4 powers. The URE is known for its size, bureaucracy and old-world politics. A full 23 worlds are controlled by this government (though one is contested by NED insurgents).

The URE flag features a gold dragon‘s head set in the foreground of a black and blue striped banner. There are 8 bands of blue in the URE Flag, one for each of the major military victories made during the Illithid wars. There are also 8 ruling Senators who govern from New Phoebe, capital city of Elysia Prime. The gold dragon of the United Republic, is to most members of the URE the most significant part of the image. The dragon is emblazoned on shoulder pads of combat marines, on starships, and on buildings. EDK Hunters (secret service agents) carry a badge with this icon of power on it to signify their authority.

People who hail from the many worlds of the United Republic share little in common aside from their Ident Cards. The worlds themselves are often so culturally different from one another. A monodominant cleric from Orobas, a Valefarian whose expertise is in technology that reanimates the dead, and a merchant who flies the Gulliver Trade Run between Nememiah and Vohumunah are likely to have nothing in common. Within the United Republic people identify themselves according to their city, nation and planet of origin.

But to members of other human power groups humans from the United Republic are called Ureans (pronounced “Yurians”), a word derived from the
sounds the letters of the URE acronym make when they are squished together.

CelineSSauve
September 18th, 2012, 00:39
(Okay, I officially hate the code for listing things here... It keeps just erasing the last thing I enter...)

A few questions pop to mind here:
* Does d20 Modern have an SRD?
* Any restrictions for the PCs?
* How often are you looking to play? Monthly? Alternate weeks? Weekly? Several times a week?
* On a related note: How long are you looking to play each time?
* I suspect this will be run with FG II. Which audio program, if any, will be used for chatting? (Will it be text only?)

Karrth
September 19th, 2012, 19:43
I will get around to answering your questions tomorrow. Right now my head is killing me.

Karrth
September 22nd, 2012, 15:32
Right, real life got in the way and I'm sorry about that.

Now to answering the questions.

Does d20 Modern have an SRD?: yes it does, here is a link (https://www.scratchfactory.com/ModernSRD/Home.php)

Any restrictions for the PCs? I am not sure and by this I mean that I don't have any restrictions at this moment but I might come up with one if I see something that is out in the woods depending on the setting (like taking a Lightning gun to the mall)

How often are you looking to play? Monthly? Alternate weeks? Weekly? Several times a week?: Weekly or every other week depending on what people want.

On a related note: How long are you looking to play each time? I have never run a game on FG so I would be looking at any experienced players advice on the matter.

I suspect this will be run with FG II. Which audio program, if any, will be used for chatting? (Will it be text only?) I would prefere a Text only game but I'm open to helping out with character creation by using voice. it will make things a lot easier.

CelineSSauve
September 22nd, 2012, 15:48
Ah, cool. Thanks. :)

I would be most available Fridays or Sundays if the game takes place in the Eastern Timezone's mornings, if it's an evening thing, then most nights are open, except for Thursdays (I have a RL game on that night).

Until I know if there are any restrictions to character creation, and which way we're deciding on Stats, I don't have a concept yet.

MikeParham
September 22nd, 2012, 16:19
Your game concept is very interesting! If you ever reconsider using voice, ourcurrently playing group might be interested in inviting you to GM a moderncampaign for us, alternating with our current game. Our present campaign (Artifacts) uses 4th edition, but does include 4th edition modern aspects to it (currently have a player as a WH40K Space Marine in a party hunting necros and two Chaos Marines in 1963 NYC), and we have been looking for another GM to run something different on alternate Saturdays. All of us have familiarity with other D-20 games and older versions of D&D. Being older players we favor voice chat as it allows us to express our characters more fluently (we don't feel a loss of emersion as we are certain the person on the other end is not an elf).
Take a look at our website here: https://vabchd20teaclub.wikidot.com/start

And even if you choose not to team with us, a couple of us are still very interested in your campaign.