PDA

View Full Version : Hollows Last Hope

Willot
September 13th, 2012, 11:36
This will be my first time in GMing a game in FGII. It is ALSO only my second time at GMing a Pathfinder game. SO mistakes will be made, but in the greatest of Australian traditions "Have a Go Ya Mug!".

The small village of Falcon’s Hollow is a wild place. Nestled in the shadow of Droskar’s Crag, the people of Falcon’s Hollow are hearty and stern. Theirs is a life of hardships, broken only occasionally by a handful of festivals and the infrequent merchant caravan. They face constant adversity from both the wilderness and the wiles of man. Wolves nip at their heels and cutpurses ply at their pockets. It is a testament to their strength that they even manage to survive at all. —Pathfinder Chronicles

Join on The Calendar, Export And Post Your character's here

Stick To the CORE CLASSES and races please to make my life easier :)

Take your information from the core book or https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ (CORE BOOK) Going to keep it Vanilla for now

We will use Teamspeak FGII server

I will accept players in order they post their characters.
Calendar https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=893

inuroku842
September 13th, 2012, 20:56
Good luck and have fun with your first time on FG! I would join, but unfortunately I have my hands tied right now. If you ever have any DMing questions though, feel free to ask! Wish ya the best.

kleamovich
September 14th, 2012, 21:36
What is the time and date that you are planning on running this game?

Also I have sent you a private message with some questions.

Willot
September 14th, 2012, 23:55
What is the time and date that you are planning on running this game?

Also I have sent you a private message with some questions.

saturday 22 sept at 11:30am my time which is AEST

If you have your timezone set in your profile and check the calendar link (above) it should automatically convert to your timezone

kleamovich
September 15th, 2012, 14:58
Count me in now. Do you want copies of our characters here?

Gwaihir Scout
September 15th, 2012, 15:28
I'll fill in a slot to hep you out. What character creation rules are you using?

kleamovich
September 15th, 2012, 16:05
Yea that would be nice if he is doing Standard or Classic Pathfinder, or using custom method.

Here is the link for Pathfinder.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/

kleamovich
September 15th, 2012, 16:47
Gwaihir Scout - What are you class are you planning on playing?

Gwaihir Scout
September 15th, 2012, 17:11
I was thinking paladin.

kleamovich
September 15th, 2012, 17:18
Thats a good class have you played Pathfinder before?

Argol228
September 15th, 2012, 17:22
Ok, So my character is Sorted, hopefully, I did this at 1:30 AM with a headache so I may have made mistakes

https://www.mediafire.com/view/?9jdko1hw58tif02

kleamovich
September 15th, 2012, 19:55
Are we going to meet up before our first game to get our characters loaded into your game?

Gwaihir Scout
September 15th, 2012, 20:35
Thats a good class have you played Pathfinder before?

Yeah, I've played a bit.

kleamovich
September 15th, 2012, 20:41
Ahh ok. I'm planning on playing a Fighter. I have already made him. Just waiting to see if I need to adjust anything with him

Willot
September 15th, 2012, 21:49
Yea that would be nice if he is doing Standard or Classic Pathfinder, or using custom method.

Here is the link for Pathfinder.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/

I perfer to use The Die Pool method from The Book 26 dies. But you can use pt buy if ya like regardless ill have a look at ya stats when ypu post to make sure no one has all 18s

Willot
September 15th, 2012, 21:49
Count me in now. Do you want copies of our characters here?
yep post here

Willot
September 15th, 2012, 21:52
Are we going to meet up before our first game to get our characters loaded into your game?
we'll meet up on team speak 30mins before start. If everyone turns up early we'll start early I guess

Willot
September 15th, 2012, 21:53
Ahh ok. I'm planning on playing a Fighter. I have already made him. Just waiting to see if I need to adjust anything with him

post him here:)

Willot
September 15th, 2012, 22:01
I'll fill in a slot to hep you out. What character creation rules are you using?

I perfer to use The Die Pool method from The Book 26 dies. But you can use pt buy if ya like regardless ill have a look at ya stats when ypu post to make sure no one has all 18s:)

Willot
September 15th, 2012, 22:08
Ok, So my character is Sorted, hopefully, I did this at 1:30 AM with a headache so I may have made mistakes

https://www.mediafire.com/view/?9jdko1hw58tif02

Cool ill Post her in FGII. BTw If you already have a character in FGII you can export her/him (the little arrow in the select character window) as a xml file when you can attach here and I can Import her/him straight in.

But thats ok Ill copy her in :)

kleamovich
September 15th, 2012, 22:09
Here is my Fighter.

I used my gold roll and purchased armor and weapons already. So he is fully equipped.

Gwaihir Scout
September 16th, 2012, 05:53
I perfer to use The Die Pool method from The Book 26 dies. But you can use pt buy if ya like regardless ill have a look at ya stats when ypu post to make sure no one has all 18s

Hmm. Not a fan of the die pool since you can't assign numbers to stats after you've rolled them. Rolled a STR 16 DEX 13 CON 15 INT 12 WIS 10 CHA 11 so I'd be stuck playing a bruiser of some sort. With a fighter and a monk already I'd want to play a cleric or druid, but that's out. Could still be a rogue or a ranger. I'll think about it. What point buy would you allow if I went that way?

Willot
September 16th, 2012, 13:00
Hmm. Not a fan of the die pool since you can't assign numbers to stats after you've rolled them. Rolled a STR 16 DEX 13 CON 15 INT 12 WIS 10 CHA 11 so I'd be stuck playing a bruiser of some sort. With a fighter and a monk already I'd want to play a cleric or druid, but that's out. Could still be a rogue or a ranger. I'll think about it. What point buy would you allow if I went that way?
You can try again see if you get something closer or use a 15 pt buy

I kinda like the die pool as it gives you some control over your stats but not total. Sometimes playing a CLeric with a wisdom of 14 and a str of 17 can be interesting. I mean why? How did he/she come into a clerical order? Why not a fighter? It lends itself more to the fantastical Maybe it just late and im tired lol

kleamovich
September 16th, 2012, 14:11
You could always play a Shapeshift varient of a druid, if he allows it. Also you could easily pull off a Shaman (its a version of a Druid).

Skellan
September 16th, 2012, 22:36
Hi
How long do you plan to play for?

kleamovich
September 17th, 2012, 00:00
Skellan --

From my understanding this will be a long campaign but don't take my word for it.

Willot --

Here is my Fighter updated. If you have any other questions about him just let me know. Also I plan to put my characters history on here in a little bit. So everyone will know his background.

Willot
September 17th, 2012, 00:08
Hi
How long do you plan to play for?
mmmm 3 or 4 hours. For this session should get it done.

Skellan
September 17th, 2012, 00:18
Great. Could I join then please if you have room?

Willot
September 17th, 2012, 00:26
Great. Could I join then please if you have room?

Just go to the calender and join there. Make a Character lvl 1. Using only the core book races,classes and feats (keeping it simple for now). Use the point buy system to create your character 15 points(standard). Then post it here for me to put into FGII.

If you could get the character into your copy of FGII then Export it for me (The little down arrow on the character in the character screen) to Import that would be easiest. But if you post a sheet here thats fine too.

Skellan
September 17th, 2012, 01:14
Ok, i will send over my character soon

Trenloe
September 18th, 2012, 02:37
mmmm 3 or 4 hours. For this session should get it done.
Is 3-4 hours for the whole module or just the first session?

Gwaihir Scout
September 18th, 2012, 03:12
Rolled a crummy cleric, but a decent druid, so that's what I'll go for.

Willot
September 18th, 2012, 04:42
Is 3-4 hours for the whole module or just the first session?

I think 3-4hrs should get the module done. It isnt a big one if your familar with it

Argol228
September 18th, 2012, 04:53
I think 3-4hrs should get the module done. It isnt a big one if your familar with it

Are you going to go on with the crown of the kobold king after or just sandbox.

Trenloe
September 18th, 2012, 04:54
I've skim read it a while ago. I think you're underestimating how long this module will take to run in Fantasy Grounds. But, I don't know your GMing style so I could be wrong. I'd recommend that you be prepared to run this over 2 sessions - just in case...

Willot
September 18th, 2012, 05:39
I've skim read it a while ago. I think you're underestimating how long this module will take to run in Fantasy Grounds. But, I don't know your GMing style so I could be wrong. I'd recommend that you be prepared to run this over 2 sessions - just in case...
Ill well budgeted for 3-4 hrs if We dont make it Ill have to do another session :) I am new to FGII GMing but I think it will go close

Skellan
September 19th, 2012, 20:34
Just to let you know i havent forgotten this and will send over my character v soon. is there any preference for classes we need?

Willot
September 19th, 2012, 23:29
Just to let you know i havent forgotten this and will send over my character v soon. is there any preference for classes we need?

we have a druid,fighter,monk(monk will multiclass to a sorcerer next level). Up to you tho. just use core classes,races and feats

Willot
September 20th, 2012, 01:58
Ok I'd Everyone to checkout this website Backround Guide (https://rpg.ashami.com/). It gives you some good ideas on how to develop you character.

You can take create as much or as little as you like but at the least try to come up with some mystery or reason as to why your character is out and about in the world. the World we are in is Golarion. The are we are in is Andoran. if Your character have an origin trying and make it from Andoran, Taldor or Cheliax
For example:

You and your father (you never knew your mother and your father will not speak of it) live on an isolated farmstead, in the Darkmoon Vale, in the nation of Andoran

On evening you were returning from hunting game in the woods surrounding your farmstead, where upon you spied your father (at some distance) outside your cabin talking to what appeared to be soldiers? One particular soldier; he looked like he knew quite well, clasping each other shoulders with alot of smiling and nodding.

By the time you had gotten back to the cabin the soldiers had ridden off and you father had gone back inside. That night you asked your father about the men, he would only say that the soldiers were lost and merely needed directions to the nearest town (Falcon's Hollow). You didnt think this was true but you accepted it for now and it was late. In the morning...He was gone......

Okies :) Argol has already given me some backround but it needs to be fleshed out a little

P.S
Send these to me via this forum Private message system. No Need for the others to know about your penchant for cutting living flesh at night......

P.S.S
I dont want anyone feasting on the flesh of the living at night!.....

P.S.S.S
Well at least not at first.....

Skellan
September 20th, 2012, 03:13
That's great, I will get into this :)

Ardem
September 21st, 2012, 08:36
If is a one shot I definitely give it a go, however I am a PF virgin, but nothing a bit of reading can do.

But if it is not to late I could get you a character by tonight, just let me know what the party needs and happy to play that role.

Willot
September 21st, 2012, 09:02
If is a one shot I definitely give it a go, however I am a PF virgin, but nothing a bit of reading can do.

But if it is not to late I could get you a character by tonight, just let me know what the party needs and happy to play that role.
Room for one more. Its a one shot for now. It might go on. Read the stuff posted here by me On the first post and the post about backrounds previous page to this. And tried to get a character posted heree tonight

Willot
September 21st, 2012, 09:27
Ok the alias for the server tomorrow will be

good thug xeno dice

Ardem
September 21st, 2012, 10:33
Great making a char now should have it to you in a few hours

Ardem
September 21st, 2012, 12:37
This first time I have made a path finder character, so there might be mistakes or oversights but not on purpose.

My biggest concern is the combat page. I am not sure what SR is but left it blank, I probably read about it later but wnated to get you my char quickly.

I used the method of 4d6 subtract lowest dice and add to the corrosponding ability.

Any question feel free to pm me tonight I will keep an eye on FG, aussie time.

Willot
September 21st, 2012, 13:12
This first time I have made a path finder character, so there might be mistakes or oversights but not on purpose.

My biggest concern is the combat page. I am not sure what SR is but left it blank, I probably read about it later but wnated to get you my char quickly.

I used the method of 4d6 subtract lowest dice and add to the corrosponding ability.

Any question feel free to pm me tonight I will keep an eye on FG, aussie time.

Looks good

Skellan
September 21st, 2012, 17:47
I thought that this was tomorrow night, so sorry this is last minute.

Here is my character for tonight.
Its the first wizard I have made, I think he is right, but it would be worth checking him over.
I'll sort out background and send it over soon

Willot
September 22nd, 2012, 00:38
I thought that this was tomorrow night, so sorry this is last minute.

Here is my character for tonight.
Its the first wizard I have made, I think he is right, but it would be worth checking him over.
I'll sort out background and send it over soon

Okies looks good

Willot
September 23rd, 2012, 00:09
OK Ive post 3 times I can do Next Week. Please vote on the one you can attend. Vote on all 3 if you could attend any of them. I guess one with the most votes wins.

It seems to me 1 fight and a bit of roleplay = 1 hr. So based on that, to finish off the adventure would probably be about 3 hrs

Skellan
September 23rd, 2012, 10:33
Are you running something after this module? If so, was going to ask whether I could change to paladin or fighter as it would be handy to have a tank. I could make wolfgang as a pfs character instead

Willot
September 23rd, 2012, 11:25
Are you running something after this module? If so, was going to ask whether I could change to paladin or fighter as it would be handy to have a tank. I could make wolfgang as a pfs character instead
I probably will, dont know what yet. I Learned alot about Pathfinder and FGII by DMing.Altho old memories of DMing 3.0 D&D kept resurfacing to confuse me :) Sometimes you just need to jump in the deep end some times I guess.

Changing to a Fighter type is Fine. Early Days yet. Just mean you would loose the XP Wolfgang has gotten. But from lvl 1 to 2 isnt that bad.

Skellan
September 23rd, 2012, 13:14
Ok, i may as well finish this with wolfgang and then see what to do for the next module :)
hope you do carry this on, i thought it was great

Willot
September 23rd, 2012, 23:54
Ok Date Confirmed in Calendar

Manium
September 29th, 2012, 02:21
Hollows Last Hope is a GREAT campaign!
Such an open ended campaign for PF, and PFS has some great follow-up campaigns to it.
(CoTKK, etc.)

Willot
September 29th, 2012, 03:19
Be aware., Tasmania where I live is expecting some severe weather.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-29/wild-weather-hits-tasmania/4287342?section=tas

The game tomorrow is still on but as my internet comes off radio towers(microwave) it is possible I may loose connection. So if I dont turn up its because a transceiver tower has fallen over or something.

But for now all is good for tomorrows game

trevorgall
October 1st, 2012, 02:45
I dont see any postings on the FG2 calendar from you? Can you use this. makes it easier to see when and who. Im in Sydney. DND for 0ver 20 years. So interested in joining in maybe. I prefer 3.5 but pathfnder basically the same anyway.

Ardem
October 1st, 2012, 07:27
The game was Sunday just past and was a one shot as far as I know, having said that I would be happy to continuing partying with the bunch of guys we had, was a fun time and good experience

Willot
October 1st, 2012, 12:03
The game was Sunday just past and was a one shot as far as I know, having said that I would be happy to continuing partying with the bunch of guys we had, was a fun time and good experience

Yes We did have a good time :)

I dont see any postings on the FG2 calendar from you? Can you use this. makes it easier to see when and who. Im in Sydney. DND for 0ver 20 years. So interested in joining in maybe. I prefer 3.5 but pathfnder basically the same anyway.

I am in Tasmania so we are in the same timezone Trevor. So thats cool

Im currently reading up on the next module in the series. Then I have to convert it into FGII.

"With the town folk cured of the strange fungal infection the last anyone sees of the young heroes is a strange little robed man wielding a flying stick, bouncing along on the back of a small pony disappearing over the crest of a hill. "Hurry Buttercup!....Oh fellas wait for me come on wait up!... The sun sets...."

Skellan
October 1st, 2012, 18:39
Hey! that flying stick was awesome (as was Buttercup)

Really glad you are carrying this on. I like playing Wolfgang and don't really want to change but I will switch if we are without a fighter again

Ardem
October 19th, 2012, 04:10
Any news on your follow up game willot

Willot
October 20th, 2012, 00:22
Any news on your follow up game willot
Ive converted the maps and entered the mobs. Proberily next weekend. Post times soon :)

Skellan
October 20th, 2012, 01:20
brilliant!

Willot
October 20th, 2012, 11:54
OK HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=134828#post134828) we go. :)