PDA

View Full Version : Test failing

shadow0529
September 12th, 2012, 01:06
Hi there
My husband and I have used Fantasy Grounds for a couple of years now. We recently switched to Comcast and purchased a Motorola SBG6580 Modem with Router.

When I check "what is my IP" it states 98.210.86.39
When I log into the router it say 192.68.0.2
Fantasy grounds states the internal IP is 192.68.0.3

Needless to say all tests fail.

I have enabled UPnP and have no forwarding instructions. I checked canyouseeme.org and it can't see me on 1802 although I have a brand new campaign us and seemingly running.

Help please?

Griogre
September 12th, 2012, 06:10
Try following this guide on port forwarding and opening ports for your router and FG. You might have to click through an ad on the link but you don't have to buy anything. https://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Motorola/SBG6580/Fantasy_Grounds.htm

shadow0529
September 12th, 2012, 06:28
Sorry but I've done that already. I did it again just in case but still failing the test.

Griogre
September 12th, 2012, 06:33
Did you make a static local IP address? Or do you have anything else between the internet and your computer other than the router?

joeru
September 12th, 2012, 08:32
And you've also opened the router's firewall as well as any software firewalls at port 1802?

You could also try running ipconfig on command prompt, and see what network interfaces you have active and their IPs.

shadow0529
September 12th, 2012, 16:23
Nothing between the computer and router/modem.

Hardwired so no wireless issues.

Norton is configured to allow fantasy grounds but will check and will see if 1802 is allowed.

Griogre
September 12th, 2012, 19:57
Double check you don't have the Windows Firewall *and* the Norton firewall both running at the same time.

shadow0529
September 12th, 2012, 20:25
I have some of our players generating a campaign which I can log into but they can't get to me.

Windows firewall is off. Norton is on but with exception for fantasy grounds on all ports. I do disable it when I test though.

Moon Wizard
September 12th, 2012, 20:51
Here is a process I suggest whenever networking is not working:
* Check local connection (Start 2 instances of FG on host machine. Load Campaign on first one, and Join Game at "localhost" for second one)
* Check LAN connection (Run FG host on one machine, and run FG client on second machine on same network using local IP address to connect)
* Check Internet connection (Test Connection option)

The local connection check determines whether FG is being completely blocked locally. The LAN connection determines whether FG is being blocked from any external connections.

Regards,
JPG