PDA

View Full Version : Trying to prepare my game.. and failing a bit. Need som help!

Tiqon
September 9th, 2012, 16:36
I almost have the characters made after using tons of time getting to know the char form, what it can and what it can't and most importantly where I can "trick" it to do what I want regarding to my houserules ;).

Im filling out one of the chars with items. I either drag them from the books, or I make then by adding an items directly in the inventory and filling out the info.

I thought, hey why not make an item myself, so I dont have to make a potion of healing again and again.

But I can't!

adding a new item to the "items" in the right-sided menu, the form for an item looks way different and I can't add a made item to a char.

Then I realised that I don't have the party form either, that I had in PF, I liked that one :).

Did I miss something? or is the way to go to add items like I allready for everything?

JohnD
September 9th, 2012, 16:41
Some of that functionality isn't in RMC yet (i.e. Party Sheet), but Dakadin is working on it.

The items functionality seems like it leaves a bit to be desired as well, but perhaps I'm missing something as well.

Ardem
September 10th, 2012, 06:04
Items are a tricky one, it is not really there to provide characters a quick entry for character sheets.

The main design is for the story, and link those items to story NPC's so you know what they have on them. You can then share that information with characters but they need to drag and drop the desired text into the character sheet. Its not a direct entry.

Having said that I personally wish Items were expanded to do this, but with critical tables and ranges and all other various things its a little hard to do an item for all the details that RM require for Weapons, Equipment, Herbs & Potions or other things.

I know this not a helpful post but it hopefully is an explanation post.

Tiqon
September 11th, 2012, 18:11
Thanks for the info. Still learning, so I just wanted to be sure it wasn't something I have missed.

Dakadin
September 12th, 2012, 05:03
Yes the items from the right side menu aren't currently the same as the one that are used for the character sheets. I am going to try to put a fix in for that in the next release.

Tiqon
September 12th, 2012, 05:42
I had hoped you would when I got the info that it was not me who had (totally) lost my marbles... great news :).

Dakadin
September 12th, 2012, 08:17
Yeah, I've wanted to change it for awhile. I think in the last 8 months I only used it for 2 items. Instead, I would just create another character and store the items there so I could give them to the PCs. You can do that until I change it. Just be sure to login using a localhost connection to claim the extra character.

Tiqon
September 12th, 2012, 08:25
What a great idea! Thanks ALOT! That helped my prepping a great deal! :)