PDA

View Full Version : Game Scheduler not converting time zones

JohnD
September 9th, 2012, 13:46
Not sure if this is an issue anyone else is noticing, thought I'd mention it.

I'm in Central time zone ((UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)) and have players ranging from the Eastern to Pacific time zones, so there's a range of UTC-05:00 to UTC-8:00).

When I schedule games for 20:30 Central in the game page scheduler, apparently the people in the Eastern time zone at least don't have this converted to 21:30; rather, it shows up as 20:30 Eastern.

So naturally this causes confusion as there is a 1 - 3 hour swing in when people are seeing a game scheduled for (apparently).

Now I play in a game which is scheduled by someone in Eastern, and on my page it converts into Central. So, is there a problem somewhere or... [user error]? :ninja:

damned
September 9th, 2012, 14:48
your players need to make sure they have their TZ setup properly in their profile and if your game crosses a DST change it wont pick it up...

Blackfoot
September 9th, 2012, 23:35
Not sure if this is an issue anyone else is noticing, thought I'd mention it.

I'm in Central time zone ((UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)) and have players ranging from the Eastern to Pacific time zones, so there's a range of UTC-05:00 to UTC-8:00).

When I schedule games for 20:30 Central in the game page scheduler, apparently the people in the Eastern time zone at least don't have this converted to 21:30; rather, it shows up as 20:30 Eastern.

So naturally this causes confusion as there is a 1 - 3 hour swing in when people are seeing a game scheduled for (apparently).

Now I play in a game which is scheduled by someone in Eastern, and on my page it converts into Central. So, is there a problem somewhere or... [user error]? :ninja:Seems to show up at the right time for me. The game is listed at 9:30 PM EDT

phantomwhale
September 10th, 2012, 07:57
Be careful around the upcoming daylight savings changes though - the calendar doesn't seem to reflect them for games posted in the future of the next daylight savings event, until after the daylight savings actually occurs. If that makes any sense...

damned
September 10th, 2012, 14:25
clarification on what phantomwhale said :)
only games POSTED after the DST event will show correctly. if you post before the DST event the time will be wrong when viewing the schedule before and after the DST event...

JohnD
September 10th, 2012, 16:07
Seems to show up at the right time for me. The game is listed at 9:30 PM EDT
Thanks for confirming Blackfoot. The issue seems to be with my 3.5e game, not the RMC one (time to get everyone to check their profile settings I think).