PDA

View Full Version : Things saved in a module

graphil
September 9th, 2012, 10:13
Specifically 35E if it makes a difference.

What if any of these are save when you export a module?
The size of an image.
A grid on an image.
A mask on an image.
Drawings on an image.
Tokens places on an image from an encounter.

Trenloe
September 10th, 2012, 21:04
Specifically 35E if it makes a difference.

What if any of these are save when you export a module?
The size of an image.
A grid on an image.
A mask on an image.
Drawings on an image.
Tokens places on an image from an encounter.
Size - I'm assuming you mean the initial display size on the screen, as the actual image size is controlled by the image file. If so, then no the initial display size is not exported.
Yes.
No.
No.
Yes.

graphil
September 10th, 2012, 21:37
For the last one how do you do the tokens linked to an encounter properly I've never had any success.
So basically, for every encounter I would want the tokens already on the map but obviously not added to the combat tracker until the actual fight.

Trenloe
September 10th, 2012, 21:43
Create the encounter, populate it with the NPCs (including tokens), then click-drag each of the NPC tokens from the encounter to the map - a check mark will appear for each token on the map to indicate it has been linked to a location.

Then, when you're ready to run the encounter, click the down arrow "Add NPCs to Combat Tracker" - this will add the NPCs to the combat tracker and their tokens to the map in the saved positions. They are all initially invisible to the players so they can't see the combat tracker entries or tokens on the map.

wbcreighton
September 10th, 2012, 23:04
I am correct in saying that once the tokens are placed on the map, they are also invisible to the GM as well, until the encounter is added to the tracker ?

Griogre
September 10th, 2012, 23:13
That is true once you close the encounter after placing the tokens on the map.