PDA

View Full Version : CoC Ruleset Errors?

Delondil
September 8th, 2012, 05:11
How come when I try to go into "Manage Characters" and create a character to play in CoC, the minute I open a sheet to start rolling one up, I get spammed with this?

Script Error: [string "charsheet_main:dexterity"]:1: attempt to index a nil value
Script Error: [string "scripts/template_linkednumber.lua"]:50: attempt to index a nil value
Script Error: [string "charsheet_main:education"]:1: attempt to index a nil value
Script Error: [string "scripts/template_linkednumber.lua"]:50: attempt to index a nil value
Script Error: [string "charsheet_main"]:1: attempt to index a nil value

Insanity
September 8th, 2012, 05:53
I do not get an error. Are you using any extensions?
Possible you need to reinstall the ruleset.

Delondil
September 8th, 2012, 22:03
I do not get an error. Are you using any extensions?
Possible you need to reinstall the ruleset.

No extensions.. I got the 3 choices when I start it up, I pick "Manage Characters", I pick the CoC Rules, and then get the 3 choices.. -- 1890s.. dark ages.. modern era... I pick one and get the main screen up and pick "Characters" and "Create New Character" and then BOOM:

Script Error: [string "charsheet_main:dexterity"]:1: attempt to index a nil value
Script Error: [string "charsheet_main:education"]:1: attempt to index a nil value
Script Error: [string "charsheet_main"]:1: attempt to index a nil value

Happens every single time. Also don't seem to save it no matter what I do. Very weird. I have a full license so.. not sure what I'm doing wrong or if its CoC?

Moon Wizard
September 9th, 2012, 06:15
Very strange. Can you send a copy of your campaign folder to me?

Just ZIP up the entire campaign folder which is in the FG data directory (see Start Menu link) under the campaigns subdirectory. Then, send it to [email protected].

I should be able to tell what is happening from looking at your campaign directly.

Regards,
JPG

Valarian
September 9th, 2012, 09:17
Isn't this one of the rulesets where the "Manage Characters" doesn't work? Isn't it just the packaged rulesets (i.e. 3.5e and 4e) that the local characters work for?

Is character creation working okay when creating Server Characters (i.e. within the campaign)?

Delondil
September 10th, 2012, 02:21
Is that what it is? It's intentional? There's nothing like a User Guide or details about that that I've found so it seems like most of this stuff is guesswork/experimentation. If it is not supposed to let you create a character.. I guess that solves the question. Though it would have made more sense to have a splash message about that rather than spamming script errors!

Moon Wizard
September 11th, 2012, 19:21
It's not so much that it is intentional, so much as FG is an evolving product with a lot of moving parts. One of the concerns we are looking at right now is that some of our older rulesets, such as CoC, do not support some of the newer features we have. It's on our short list of items to come up with a solution, so that all game systems can have access to new features.

Regards,
JPG