PDA

View Full Version : New Player looking for game.

willster22
September 8th, 2012, 05:07
I am new to D&D and I am looking for a game to play. I am looking for a 3.5e long-run campaign. I can create my own character but if anybody that is playing has D&D Insider I would appreciate help. I also like lots of storytelling and rping. My time zone is Central Time Canada. I am 10 years old, but very smart. Ever since I watched Quill18 play D&D I have been wanting to play alot.

dr_venture
September 8th, 2012, 08:41
Hey, alright Willster, welcome! You do seem very smart - you've already answered most of the most common questions. There are two more tidbits that will help you connect up with a group: knowing your time zone is important, next we need to know which days and at what times are you able to play. Since you're in school, I expect there are some restrictions for which hours you are available, like Fridays and Saturdays are probably good, right? Post your available times & days and I bet you'll find a great game.

I run a semi-realistic old west game set in Nevada & California in 1866, with a game system somewhat like D&D but simpler - Friday nights, 6:30 to 10:30pm your time. Consider it your first invite - even if you'd like to just join in for an evening just to see what it's like :) PM me if interested. Now let's see who else has got an opening?

Glad to have you here, bud!

willster22
September 8th, 2012, 15:34
My school ends around 3:10. I have school on Monday,Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I am not Christian so I do not a church so I am free up till about 12:00am-1:00am on Sundays because my grandma has a Sunday Supper every week. But my best day is Saturday, but I can stay up later on Friday then all my other school days.

Mgrancey
September 8th, 2012, 17:33
Just curious, but what would you need D&D Insider for, if you want to play 3.5?

willster22
September 8th, 2012, 18:08
Oh right forgot about that. I had recently decided between 3.5 and 4 so I still had D&D Insider in my head.

dr_venture
September 9th, 2012, 17:48
Bump for Master Willster...

willster22
September 9th, 2012, 19:51
For your mid-west game how is character creation. I would want to be a sheriff that fought up against corrupt superiors and became an outlaw with sort of a Robinhood-ish vibe to it.

dr_venture
September 9th, 2012, 20:43
Willster, are very keen on the old west thing, or more just up for a good game, whatever it is? I'd be happy to have you join in the old west game, but I'm also thinking that maybe I should offer up a high fantasy game for beginning players and/or folks who are interested in trying out Castles & Crusades. I'd probably just runs some lower level modules I already have, maybe even some old school AD&D classics. Which is more interesting to you?

willster22
September 9th, 2012, 21:14
In reality I'm more interested in traditional AD&D 3.5 e or 4e. I love fantasy as it's medieval and ancient real-life aspects combined with magic and monsters and etc.

dr_venture
September 9th, 2012, 23:30
Heh - that's what I figured. Castles & Crusades is very similar to early versions of D&D, and was the last game system Gary Gygax (creator of D&D) was working on before he passed away. It's a lot quicker to play than most versions of D&D, but you've still got fighters and clerics and wizards and thieves, etc.

So if you'd be up for it, why don't I get a fantasy game going for Castles & Crusades. Low/starting level, set in the world of Greyhawk. I'll post a game invite in the Guild House - assuming you're up for it, come on by and 'sign up.' I have a 15 year old son who will probably join in, too.

willster22
September 10th, 2012, 00:14
I would start a game of 4e but, first of all I have no money so I can't get Fanstasy Grounds and also I should have stated this earlier, I don't have a microphone.

dr_venture
September 10th, 2012, 00:19
Well, I can't help you on the 4e front - I played it for a while, but it just wasn't for me. I can host 1 player who hasn't purchased the software yet (free for you) and I also run my games using the FG chat, so no microphone is needed. So if you're interested, you can play :) Also, you may find a 4e GM who has an Ultimate License - he/she can host as many free clients as they want to.

I started the thread for the C&C group - let me know if you're interested :)

dr_venture
September 10th, 2012, 00:20
FG text chat, that is - all typing, no talking.