PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question Concerning NPC Spells

CrazyYodler
September 7th, 2012, 22:54
Ran into a bit of a bind trying my luck at building a module.

I am currently building an adventure for Pathfinder. It is my first crack at it and I was expecting some trouble.

No matter how long I was fiddling with the menu I couldn't figure out to easily apply maximize spell or Empower spell to any certain spells.

Is there a quick way to do this that I am missing?

Maybe use Magic missile as a quick example.

Moon Wizard
September 7th, 2012, 23:25
There is no automatic option to add metamagic feats to spells.

Here's the approach I would take. I'll use Quickened Magic Missile in this example.
* Make sure that the level of spell you want to create is in the character's spell class list (Increase number of spells available to at least 1 in the spell class details). (Ex: In this case, we want to make sure that the character has at least 1 spell available for L5 spells.)
* Drag the spell from the spells module onto the level you want to target. (Ex: Drag the Magic Missile link onto the Level 5 spells header.)
* Change the name of the new spell entry to Quickened Magic Missile.
* Memorize or use spell as normal.

Regards,
JPG

CrazyYodler
September 8th, 2012, 05:21
How would you add the modifier for damage in the roll? Like Empowered or Maximized.

Since its 1.5x and 2x the total damage respectively. Having a heyday lol.

Would it be better to just roll with it and do it manually when it comes to the damage?

Moon Wizard
September 8th, 2012, 08:11
There is no quick way to apply a 1.5x or 2x multiplier to all damage, so it would need to be manually adjudicated.

Regards,
JPG

CrazyYodler
September 8th, 2012, 08:47
Ok good to know, thanks for the help by the way. You saved me from going insane at least lol.

Cheers